Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   CoD Multiplayer (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   Please Implement Steam VAC as soon as practicable... (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=28904)

ElAurens 01-05-2012 05:01 PM

Please Implement Steam VAC as soon as practicable...

The title says it all.

I've seen some posts here and there in which people have talked about peeking in what should be locked up tight DDS files.

This has to stop now.

335th_GRAthos 01-05-2012 06:25 PM

Quote:

Please Implement Steam VAC as soon as practicable...
+1
Excellent idea!

Now that we have finally servers (I know of ATAG and REPKA, surely there are others which I do not know) that are capable to handle a lot of players (we were 55 last time in ATAG) it is time to ensure that the playing field stays level for all players.

~S~

PS. I have nothing against people peeking (and poking) things in their private time.
I just want when I meet a Spitfire online, to meet a Spitfire (and no F16).

ElAurens 01-05-2012 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 335th_GRAthos (Post 376588)
+1
I just want when I meet a Spitfire online, to meet a Spitfire (and no F16).

I don't care if it's a G.50, I don't want to meet any hacked FMs online.

Sadly I think we are already past this point.

jimbop 01-05-2012 10:06 PM

I'm reluctant to ascribe to cheating what can otherwise be ascribed to my own flying incompetence but listening on teamspeak it is clear that more experience players are convinced that this is happening.

I'd like to see some tracks.

Skoshi Tiger 01-05-2012 10:29 PM

+1 to VAC.

But it highlights the importances of releasing the SDK's so legitimate modders can create content without having to hack FM and make changes that could be called into question. Then (hopefully) the server administrators will be able allow or disable the mods.

Interesting topic.

jg27_mc 01-06-2012 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger (Post 376633)
+1 to VAC.

But it highlights the importances of releasing the SDK's so legitimate modders can create content without having to hack FM and make changes that could be called into question. Then (hopefully) the server administrators will be able allow or disable the mods.

Interesting topic.

+1 to VAC, as long as I can continue to use InjectFXAA or InjectSMAA. It really makes a huge difference...

Regards.

jayrc 01-06-2012 02:01 AM

+1 to VAC, and FXAA

salmo 01-06-2012 02:05 AM

Quote:

I don't care if it's a G.50, I don't want to meet any hacked FMs online.
I know nothing of DDS files, but a google says that DDS files are DirectDraw Surface graphics file format which was established by Microsoft for use with the DirectX SDK. The format is specifically designed for use in real-time rendering applications, such as 3D games. It can be used to store textures, cubemaps, mipmap levels, and allows for compression. Publicly available DDS plugins are available for photoshop & gimp, so there's no secret here. I doubt that DDS files hold the FM's.

ElAurens 01-06-2012 02:31 AM

I have seen two posts were someone mentioned being able to see things that if changed would be a bad thing for online play.

Also, some players from the east are already tinkering with FMs, and playing online.

So, I'm done till VAC is implemented.

It took years for IL2 to be hacked, mere months for CLOD.

Luthier, stop this now.

CWMV 01-06-2012 05:32 AM

This is great!
Mods are what made IL2 live as long and healthy a life as it has had, and maybe well finally get some corrected FM's for, well, just about everything! Lol!