Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-01-2012, 04:59 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MB_Avro_UK View Post
IDon't you whiners realise that Cliffs of Dover is by far the most COMPLEX and I mean most COMPLEX simulator ever launched??

Best Regards,
MB_Avro
Hi, DCS would like a word with you. As does FSX. Steel Beasts also says hi, etc. etc. ....

You can take out FSX (without the combat upgrade) and Steel Beasts if you are talking air combat sims only. But you again are left with DCS, that is so much more complex than CLoD. As well, as in working condition.

Back OT, I agree.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:09 AM
Approved Member

Well, all of your fears can be assuaged...Ilya just posted in the main bug thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Thank you for your feedback. Working on British engines, distant dots, and others at the moment.

Just a couple of quick points though.

Quote:
a- Already mentioned, the mixture in the RAF planes. I can't setting before flight, and most of the RAF planes can't start on the ground.
That is working as intended actually.

Quote:
The fuel tanks in Dover no longer explode when shot
That again is working as intended - finally. I know it was kind of fun to have a giant fuel tank explode when hit by a single round, but that really shouldn't happen. We've gone through most of the ground objects and their damage model, and they should correctly consider material type and wall thickness. You're going to need something bigger than a .303 for those fuel tanks now.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougandtoni View Post
That will learn them
It would if everybody refused to buy a defective and undeveloped product; funny how people are called whiners etc because they resent paying good money for a defective product. I guess some people who buy a new car only to find metal filings in the gearbox, a V8 firing on 5 cylinders and nuts loose on the steering rack would just roll over and say "Aw heck, give it time, its the most sophisticated vehicle ever built, the manufacturers will fix the problem."

Having said the the last couple of posts show there does seem to be something getting through, so I'll stick with it for now.
Old 10-01-2012, 09:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtyphoon View Post
It would if everybody refused to buy a defective and undeveloped product; funny how people are called whiners etc because they resent paying good money for a defective product. I guess some people who buy a new car only to find metal filings in the gearbox, a V8 firing on 5 cylinders and nuts loose on the steering rack would just roll over and say "Aw heck, give it time, its the most sophisticated vehicle ever built, the manufacturers will fix the problem."

Having said the the last couple of posts show there does seem to be something getting through, so I'll stick with it for now.
The problem is that software products are generally excluded from warranty regulations. In 2009 there was word of a European initiative to change that, but haven't heard of progress since. Presently developers can sell (license) software with as many bugs as they like, with little risk to them (except for unhappy customers).

MAC
Old 10-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Approved Member

Read, Honestly Replied to, Fixed if possible/doable. +1
Old 10-01-2012, 05:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

Well, when you compare a $30,000+ vehicle to a $50.00 game, then how do you expect people to react? Your a whiner. Period. Sorry if that comes off harsh, but the compatison really doesn't fit. IMO. I'd love to see how some of the reactions to a defective product that have been displayed in this forum would play out in a car dealer's show room. Please video tape them. I could use a chuckle.

That said.... yes the release was abysmal. Followup with the community was hardly timely. And it took 18 months to get to a point where maybe.... just maybe..... the game can become playable for the majority of players. I don't expect a final patch for maybe three to six months.

On top of that, if it takes BoM to correct CoD, AND dependant on how the development updates go, I'll give the benefit of the doubt to the developers. I won't blindly rush into purchase, but I'm hopefull.

I'm not a jet fighter. I enjoy RoF but I prefer the WW2 arena. Sadly this is our only option for a WW2 sim. It says more about the state of our hobby than it does about a developer. I'm not happy, I'm not grateful, but I have resolved that for now - this is it. It is what it is.
Old 10-01-2012, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
Well, when you compare a $30,000+ vehicle to a $50.00 game, then how do you expect people to react?
And you're a sucker. Period. Sorry if that comes out harsh but why the hell should people pay for and accept any defective product? Doesn't matter whether its a car or a more than NZ $50 game - if people walked away instead of paying for buggy computer sims then maybe developers would be more careful to release them without all the bugs, or at least with minimal problems. Still, there are enough suckers out there who will keep on buying the bugs because that's the best there is. I'm not happy and I'm not grateful and I'm not losing any more money on future IL2 derivatives.

http://www.amazon.com/IL-2-Sturmovik.../dp/B004L5SJ4Y
Old 10-01-2012, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
And you're a sucker. Period. Sorry if that comes out harsh but why the hell should people pay for and accept any defective product? Doesn't matter whether its a car or a more than NZ $50 game - if people walked away instead of paying for buggy computer sims then maybe developers would be more careful to release them without all the bugs, or at least with minimal problems. Still, there are enough suckers out there who will keep on buying the bugs because that's the best there is. I'm not happy and I'm not grateful and I'm not losing any more money on future IL2 derivatives.

This is all true. If people would stop paying for crap, then software developers would stop releasing it.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:

thats why they aint made any money out of this bugridden err sim?????