Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Default Discrepancies to point out

Maybe we should make a tread for those...

First it was the Paladin's improper prayer description, stating the paladin can ress plants and mechs. That is not true.
Then it was the Trapper medal improper description, stating that any unit that is killed by the trap increases the counter. It doesn't. Only enemy and friendly units improve it. No summonings.
Now I see a problem with the Foreman, the dwarven unit. The Miners can go on a strike. So far so good. However, the "Foreman" ability is improperly described.

- The presence of a Foreman alongside the miners (both units in the army) does improve the attack and defense of all miners by 100%.
- When the miners go on a strike (there is such ability), the Foreman gets "infuriated" and improves HIS speed and initiative by 1. In addition to that HIS critical chance temporarily becomes 100% - not the Miners's crit as the Foreman ability improperly describes.

If anyone notices something else, we can make a small compendium that will help other players from getting fooled by the translation.
Old 11-24-2009, 01:48 AM
Approved Member

It's night from 12am to 3 am. At 3am it becomes morning again, thus you lose the night-time benefits. For christ sake how could that have been missed? A night that last 3 hours.....
Old 11-24-2009, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Also 1 more thing with Trapper Medal. It states that killing units increases the counter. It doesn't, only when you kill entire enemy stack the counter increases by 1.

I recommend increasing the requirement for Trapper medal (100,300,700) and count killing(in other words Trapping) any no. of units in a stack. As the main purpose of traps are not to kill enemy units but make them stop in their tracks.
Old 11-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

yeah i killed many many iwth traps bet rarely uts finish blow
Old 11-24-2009, 11:42 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonu1 View Post
Also 1 more thing with Trapper Medal. It states that killing units increases the counter. It doesn't, only when you kill entire enemy stack the counter increases by 1.

I recommend increasing the requirement for Trapper medal (100,300,700) and count killing(in other words Trapping) any no. of units in a stack. As the main purpose of traps are not to kill enemy units but make them stop in their tracks.
That will not be a good idea I can kill 350+ gobots with one trap easily, and I'm still in the early game.

The trap medal is great as it is. Besides, it's so easy to lure the enemy into a trap.

Option 1: Use archmagi's telekinesis ability to put a unit on a trap.
Option 2: Use Emerald dragons' bite ability to draw a unit directly on the trap.
Option 3: Use a weak unit to have a higher level unit attack it, thinking it is an easy kill.
Option 4: Since the AI attacks the nearest unit, make sure there is only one way for the enemy to approach your unit and set a trap there.
Option 5: Use hypnosis and put the enemy into a trap.

Use the spell only when you're certain that the trap will kill the enemy.

There are more ways to trap enemies, but these are the easiest available.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
That will not be a good idea I can kill 350+ gobots with one trap easily, and I'm still in the early game.
Regardless, what we are talking about purpose of traps. And their primary purpose is to stop enemies, not kill them. Here we have discrepancy in their medal requirement.
I have personally used traps hundreds of times till mid game but Only managed to kill 53 complete stacks so far. Also it is becoming increasingly difficult to kill units through traps as the game progress and Units become more powerful.

I just thought of better requirement. Instead of counting how many units killed through traps, we should count how many time we were able to stop units through traps.

For eg. Your trap spell does 150-200 damage and you encounter a Level 5 unit with 800 health. So you start trapping it and you were able to trap it successfully 3 times before killing it. So the trap medal counter should increase by 3 now.

And perhaps we should also slightly increase the trap medal requirement from (10/50/100) to (25/100/250).
Old 11-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonu1 View Post
Regardless, what we are talking about purpose of traps. And their primary purpose is to stop enemies, not kill them. Here we have discrepancy in their medal requirement.
I have personally used traps hundreds of times till mid game but Only managed to kill 53 complete stacks so far. Also it is becoming increasingly difficult to kill units through traps as the game progress and Units become more powerful.

I just thought of better requirement. Instead of counting how many units killed through traps, we should count how many time we were able to stop units through traps.

For eg. Your trap spell does 150-200 damage and you encounter a Level 5 unit with 800 health. So you start trapping it and you were able to trap it successfully 3 times before killing it. So the trap medal counter should increase by 3 now.

And perhaps we should also slightly increase the trap medal requirement from (10/50/100) to (25/100/250).
Agreed completely with the above, I mentioned this as well before. Let's try and not go in the mentality "it's easy to kill with traps". It's easy, yes, but the PURPOSE of the traps is not to kill, but to stop the enemy.

If you put your traps in order to KILL stacks, then you're DOING IT WRONG on a strategical level, and the game REWARDS you for this. It doesn't make sense, there's no going around it.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:37 PM
Approved Member

Agree. . i put traps to stop enemy is well i am in verona i used hundred of traps but have 4 kils in it only ....
Old 11-24-2009, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

I am well aware that it will be much easier that way, but in my opinion it will also be unreasonable. The trap medal is doing a superb job and is a very serious tactical asset. As such it must require some dedication to achieve it. Your way is much easier, I grant that. However, if we all get what we want the easy way, we may as well ask the developers to have the game give us no-loss victories every time and have all medals start at lvl 3 right from the start.

On a side note, I found out something funny. If a bronthor gets trapped or is hit by lightning, his spiked armor comes into play, since he cannot directly counter the attack. If there is no unit nearby, nothing happens. If there is en enemy unit, IT will be hit by the bronthor's armor. The same happens to a friendly unit. It was fun seeing the enemy bronthors get trapped and killing 7 enemy foremen who were right beside the trap

Last edited by DGDobrev; 11-24-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
I am well aware that it will be much easier that way, but in my opinion it will also be unreasonable. The trap medal is doing a superb job and is a very serious tactical asset. As such it must require some dedication to achieve it. Your way is much easier, I grant that.
It's not about easy vs hard. It's about logical vs illogical. Using traps to stop the enemy is the logical thing to do. Killing is not.

The trap medal IS a very serious tactical asset, and nobody is disputing that, however the way to achieve it is not tactical at all, it's completely counter-intuitive and strategically ridiculous.

The easy way can be fixed/balanced easily by making you require to trap more units. For example not 250 like he mentioned, but 750 (or any other higher number). There, it's not easy any more, and it complements the actual logic behind using the trap spell.