Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-11-2011, 07:53 AM
Approved Member

Default But we can still live with it, I guess…

With this game again we run into the problem of trying to target for the wider possible audience. The publisher is trying to make a profitable product targeting to as many possible people willing to pay for fun.

Some of us just value this game and pay for it as a mean to reach the highest possible fidelity of simulation, historically accurate, tactics, navigation, FM, DM, peripherals, and so on... like in the “warbirds old days”.

Some others just want to have fun and pay for it. They will play this game among others, depending of the mood of the day. Just another game...

I am not sure if there is any possible migrations between these groups.

With the years Il2 has been distilling its self becoming more and more the pure essence of online WWII aircraft combat, and an offline/online way to truly reproduce events of WWII aircraft combat.
In my opinion thanks to this and with some “help” form the modding community, il2 has been a success during the last 7 years.

We do not care about simulated girls. We do not care about “renegade” pilots or romantic nonsense arguments (in my opinion). When we read this in the interviews, we just fake a smile trying to understand what the hell this guy Luthier is thinking…

But we can still live with it, I guess…at least as long this thing does not get out of hand. Because you have to remember that the people that will make this thing move for the next years won´t be the “just another game” people.

I honestly think that the tougher competence for il2 is il2 its self.

Salutes.