Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:16 PM
Approved Member

The good things of this flight sim are not false, nobody has said that we should make propaganda. Just try to look on the bright side of this sim, report issues constructively if you have to and as you might have noticed it is working out ( FFB, yes! ), and I am a happy panda.

Last edited by Sven; 04-22-2011 at 10:21 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

Kano, when is the victory parade?
Old 04-23-2011, 02:02 AM
Approved Member

I'm amazed at how many games these days are bug city! S2TW, COD etc .. 5-10 years ago you'd never be allowed to release a game unless it was past Beta! is it because of game complexity? hardware complexity? buggy engines??

If this continues then noone should buy any game on release, wait a year until the game's stable and 1/2 price! ?? or is this the final straw for PC gaming?

Needless to say COD is my only WWII sim ATM and I await each update!

He111.

Last edited by He111; 04-23-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulWF View Post
Creating a false cloud of positive PR is dishonest.

ROFLMAO!

I should sig that.

Like PR was ever honest, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibbage View Post
Why should jo-public pay to have it fixed?

Because there is no one else who will.
Understood? No?

I could draw it for you if it helps you understand the situation.

Now, please leave, buy the sims or so and register on their forum too - just to keep yourself busy.

Last edited by swiss; 04-22-2011 at 11:27 PM.
Old 04-23-2011, 01:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG14_Jagr View Post
Could you please describe the "Suffering" that has been caused by your spending of that $50.
No suffering here, I canceled both my preorders …

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG14_Jagr View Post
The $50 you apparently had no critical use for and spent on a game.. Lets at least be honest here.. "Suffering?" Come on...
Suffering “Mentally”, not “Monetarily” (at least for some) ….

Quote:
Originally Posted by smink1701 View Post
The real news. A MAJOR patch will be included with the U.S. release and all the negativity will be replaced by positivity
Smink where did you see/hear this?
If this is true I will order a Collectors Edition and 4 Regular Editions for some friends.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Buzzsaw* View Post
Salute

If you haven't seen them already, the reviews in German gaming magazines, on Gamespot and PC Gamer have panned the game.

Maybe those reviews were deserved, but the fact is, if this game goes under, no one is going to suffer but us flight simmers.

All those posters on these boards who I see whining and complaining better understand something:

If this game goes under, you will have nothing to do but whine. No game, no development, NOTHING.

The only smart thing to do at this point is to support the developers, give them POSITIVE feedback on issues.

Don't harp on issues which have been mentioned a hundred times, there is no point.

Unless you WANT the game to fail.

I personally have bought a copy online, and will be buying another hard copy in the stores when it arrives.

DO NOT KID YOURSELF. THIS GAME IS ON THE EDGE.
Too much reading pal. Game is supported well enough, no need of apocaliptic posts like yours either.

CPU Intel i7 920 @ 2.67 -> OC 4 Ghz MB ASUS P6T Cooler Noctua NH-D14 Memory 12GB
GPU 2x nVidia 285 GTX 1GB SLI HD 2x SATAII WD VelociRaptor 150GB RAID 0
SB ASUS Xonar DS/DT 7.1 PSU Tagan 1100W OS W7 Ult.64 LCD LG W2284F-PF
TrackIR 3 Pro + Saitek X-52 + Saitek Pro Rudders Pedals + Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant + Saitek PcDash 2
Old 04-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeBrAnTo View Post
Too much reading pal. Game is supported well enough, no need of apocaliptic posts like yours either.
Amen...............hasnt this thread gone on long enough.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by camel24hrs View Post
Amen...............hasnt this thread gone on long enough.
No there's room for a few more head cases to turn up yet with a arm full of axes to grind !!!!

Old 04-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
No there's room for a few more head cases to turn up yet with a arm full of axes to grind !!!!

Sig worthy that!
Actually if thats the same Gibbage from ubi forum he must have forgot he already bought CoD...
Old 04-25-2011, 01:05 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation Warning! We have been through this before!

I wonder if the haters remember Il2 when it was released some 10 years ago? If my memory serves me right, my $2k PC at the time did not play the sim very smoothly. I surmise they compare CoD to a sim that has had more then a decade of tweaks and modifications (or worse yet to an fps with a mega budget) and for that reason they were enraged by the new sims teething issues.

Wanting perfection from a complex combat sim day one is ludicrous! I doubt the haters are really true (or at least seasoned) combat flight sim enthusiasts or else they would already expect bugs and incompleteness early on.

What these posters don’t understand is the immense amount of control they have over a new sims success, Rise of Flight (as of now an utterly fantastic sim) had to be sold off to 777 studios(go Jason) after getting mauled in its early reviews that included erroneous(yet seemingly expert) posts that included as much misinformation as truths. This led to poor sales and the sim had a very shaky start.

We as a community need to help build combat flight sims not tear them down(day 1 at that) as last I checked Cliffs of Dover is the only WW2 flight sim we might see worth mentioning in possibly the next decade.

In short my advise to those who don’t know better would be to:

1) Describe your most important issue (not a grocery list) with your pc specs and settings in detail. [BE FACTUAL NOT EMOTIONAL]

2) Think of truly important improvements that will enhance the sims realism.

3) Don’t tell the world you want your $ back and the sim is rubbish after such a short time. UNLESS OF COURSE, YOU’RE A HATER!

Thanks all for listening to a mad simmers rant and above all, enjoy the future of combat flight sims, you have waited impatiently for six years after all lol.