Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

View Poll Results: Are the incorrect British FM killing the enjoyment of the game?
Yes 107 55.15%
No 48 24.74%
Not bothered. 39 20.10%
Voters: 194. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 07:18 AM
Approved Member

Default British FM killing the fun of the game for allied pilots.

Thanks 1C for the improved stability from latest beta patch.
Please work hard on the British FM as its killing the enjoyment of the game for many allied pilots.

FM issues

Engine overheating
Loss of energy/momentum
Bad climb rates
Incorrect top speeds
Incorrect acceleration.

Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz
4Gb Kingston KingMAX
Ati 6950 2GB

Old 08-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Approved Member

Axis FM's need work too. Best level speed in the E3 I can get at altitude is ~490 km/h @ 4000m.

According to the Swiss and French tests it should make about 540 km/h at that altitude.
Old 08-18-2012, 07:39 AM
Approved Member

I agree, there are many things wrong with the 109. But online play will be boring for you 109 flyers if there aren't any spits or hurris to shoot down.
I fly all the planes, and in my opinion the British fighters really need a lot of work.

Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz
4Gb Kingston KingMAX
Ati 6950 2GB

Old 08-18-2012, 07:44 AM
Approved Member

All this poll will do is get answers from red n blue pilots voting their side..I don't think its 'killing' the game..

I've seen the reds be a lot worse than what they are now and I've also seen the spit2 completely taken the pi## with its FM..

Both the reds and the 109 need tweaking and if you read the latest update they are indeed working on them afaik
Old 08-18-2012, 07:49 AM
Approved Member

Latest update?

Link please.

I'm just worried about this statement;

" Please note that the general performance of the British aircraft is much closer to desired envelope"

Gigabyte P35C-DS3R
Q6600 @ 3.2Ghz
4Gb Kingston KingMAX
Ati 6950 2GB

Last edited by Nitrous; 08-18-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
Axis FM's need work too. Best level speed in the E3 I can get at altitude is ~490 km/h @ 4000m.

According to the Swiss and French tests it should make about 540 km/h at that altitude.
Are you saying 490 km/h indicated or true airspeed? Because if you can get up to 490 km/h @ 4000m indicated then the FM is almost on the mark.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

Unfortunately, a lot of red pilot air combat knowledge depleted therein(honorable exceptions),that pulls level,with extended flaps. I think first,should be practiced in the other air combat tactics,because that kills the game a lot better.

~S~
Old 08-18-2012, 09:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post

I believe the OP was more concerned about the relative LW to RAF performance rather than absolute performance (which is obviously also wrong, I agree).

From playability and 'fun' point of view, which I believe is what OP had in mind in the first place, there are serious issues for this performance gap that exists in game did not exist in so called real life. Hence the frustration of many red pilots. I fly both sides and I admit that unless I do silly stuff in my 109, the RAF can't touch me.
Old 08-18-2012, 09:20 AM
Approved Member

Nitrous,

blue flyers responding to the poll will significantly distort the outcome of anything you are trying to achieve here
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 08-18-2012, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.4_Pogi View Post
Unfortunately, a lot of red pilot air combat knowledge depleted therein(honorable exceptions),that pulls level,with extended flaps. I think first,should be practiced in the other air combat tactics,because that kills the game a lot better.

~S~
Hey Pogi! This is not so much about tactics but about relative performance. Maybe you can take the Spitfire and show me how you defend against well flown 109 one day We've met on Repka 'mince meat' few times, you know what I mean mate... S!

*edit - I am very happy that in the 1.08 beta, they changed the neg-G behaviour. That on itself increased the chances to survive quite a bit. What it was before was quite terrible

Last edited by Robo.; 08-18-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Closed Thread