Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Approved Member

Yep or others....Lago etc...Open cokpit making etc is a whole new playground for commercial add-on makers.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Proton, you have consistently called anyone that has asked for more updates or questioned the current status of SOW a whiner, how is that being constructive? You obviously have little or 'no' understanding of the word 'debate'. According to yourself and others its ok to ask questions as long has we dont mention anything to do with completion or release dates. I really dont think either Ilya or Oleg are that 'thin skinned'. You should give them far more credit, and stop trying to protect them, i am most certain they are more than capable of doing that for themselves.

Anything I said about Ilya or Oleg came from a post that was made under "Luthier". I'm not speculating about anyones "feelings"...I'm just listening to what people are saying.

From Luthier post:

Quote:
1. I got absolutely no reason to lie to anyone. If I don't want you to know something, I simply won't talk about it, but I take huge offense to people calling me a liar. Everything I said is 100% accurate.
and

Quote:
3. Look for all the negativity, accusations and criticism in this thread. Peope are not looking at what's there. They're looking for something that's not shown, and are coming up with wild conspiracy theories. Which is exactly the reason you're not seeing alpha shots. Alpha, by definition, means that things are incompete. And it's very clear to us that, if people are shown something that's incomplete, that's where all the attention will focus. This is why we're waiting until everything is picture perfect, because otherwise it'll be "oh no we waited a year and what do we get, manifold pressure in that video goes down .2 seconds too soon after carburetor impact ice forms, how dare you sirs!"
If you think he is being "thinned skinned" then maybe you a should bring it up with him or Oleg...

I think enough has been said now, and I'm on to other things.

I hope your ok with things and hold no ill-will (I don't)...anyone I may have called a whiner (more or less) asked for it by posting their comments in a provocative manor, and you know it. I never called anyone a whiner who was sincere about their comments.

Last edited by proton45; 06-09-2008 at 01:04 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Approved Member

Well, I was sincere about my comments, and we got some updates from Oleg and Ilya. That's all that was asked. I hope the line of communication will remain open.

Thank you Oleg and Ilya, for your patience and understanding.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Tree_UK

+1
Old 06-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Approved Member

Can't wait for Cant's, Caproni's, Fiat's, Macchi's, Breda's etc. etc!!!!!

Keep up the good fight Oleg and Luthier...looking forward to more communication with the community
Old 06-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Approved Member

Luthier

Check PM, pls
Old 06-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

Lets forget the unpleasantness and focus on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Now, onto the update itself. Each plane shown there takes at least 6 full months of work to build. Some of the more complex planes can take 12 months plus (compared to an average of 1 month for an Il-2 model). Whoever said things like the whole update could be done in 3 weeks, ha! If you can build anything of that quality in 3 weeks, prove it, and Oleg promises you'll have a job the very next day, collecting the highest paycheck in his team, and playing BoB alpha in the afterhours as an added bonus. And I'll personally pay your moving expenses to Moscow from anywhere in the world.

I.e. jees louise you guys!
imagine ...BoB alpha...
Old 06-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theshark888 View Post
Can't wait for Cant's, Caproni's, Fiat's, Macchi's, Breda's etc. etc!!!!!
You better can wait... a bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avimimus View Post
imagine ...BoB alpha...
I imagined it would be beta by now, but at least it's been worked on. Alpha after 5 years, it must be either a very bad managed project or a very groundbreaking and extraordinary one... Hope is the second.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuxCorvan View Post
You better can wait... a bit more.

I imagined it would be beta by now, but at least it's been worked on. Alpha after 5 years, it must be either a very bad managed project or a very groundbreaking and extraordinary one... Hope is the second.

From all the things we do know about BoB, it will be groundbreaking...and what about all the stuff we don't know about? That is what gets me so anxious, just thinking about all the surprises that will be in store for us.

Last edited by choctaw111; 06-10-2008 at 02:55 AM. Reason: I can't type today...or any other day
Old 06-10-2008, 04:37 AM
Approved Member

Really encouraging about what was said about moving forward through WWII, I hope he makes it back to the Pacific