Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyivan1970 View Post
Gosh, you are hard to please... First, everybody screams give us something, just a little bit...a little sneak pick... Now that update is posted... not good enough. Oh well....

Please don't take one or two reactions as representative of the general opinion.

I welcome anything that comes along. I understand that showing us in-game shots of imperfect terrain etc. would only produce huge dissapointment here. That is better left until the whole thing is finished. Having said that I see the BoP trailer as being an indication of the sort of thing we might get (only we will have it even better), and that is VERY interesting.

B.T.W The trailer was extremely well presented. Very proffessionally done.

Flying online as Setback.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:55 AM
Approved Member

Smile Welcome to forum Oleg

Good to see you again and get some more development insights.
Firstly I hope you stick with WWII aerial history and gradually work your way back through an update of IL2 to the new SOW engine - updated aircraft, maps etc. (I would be personally very happy if you can do this)

Secondly being a complete 'aeroplane enthusiast' it would be great if you could step back into the WW1 era (where it all started - I watched the "Blue Max" the other night on DVD - great film) and also forward into the 'jet era' starting with the Korean war - I think we are all fascinated by the way the aeroplanes developed (more power/speed/weight etc).
Moving aircraft between Korea and BOB with 'the limit of online gameplay' would be interesting, though I am personally very big on historical accuracy.

Finally it is good to see you are building in to the SOW engine "long life for your kid" with a lot more exciting surprise features.

You can see the community was getting 'very jittery' with no communications. I hope this previous 'long break in your silence' now shows you that there are many very dedicated fans of the flight sim that need communication to keep 'the ball' rolling along.

DFLion
Old 06-09-2008, 08:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leitmotiv View Post
I am astonished valuable time is being wasted on the Anson and Bf 108---neither are necessary for a B of B sim (OK, the Anson gives Heinkel 111s something to dominate). A Hudson makes more sense. One would have hoped for a flyable Beaufighter IF so that a radar war would have been possible for the Blitz. Considering the non-importance of the Gladiator to the Battle of France and B of B, its inclusion is another brain-pithing stunner.

As for the Korean War aircraft---WOW!
Hi leit'!
I think the Gladiator is at least in part included for balance. There has to be something to dual with the Italian Biplane (I forget the name), not least for online gaming. It will also widen the appeal of the game.

Flying online as Setback.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Jesus guys, you really need to get out more, i haven't found any of the posts in here to be rude or insulting I've seen some frustration a little bit of disbelief and a lot of questioning but nothing that would not happen on a day to day basis in any commercial business. All of these so called insults have done nothing but good, even Luthier has understood that there has been a break down in communication which he hopes to rectify over the coming months, so a big round of applause to all those people who have got the bollocks to ask questions to query statements and not to blindly go along with everything said, we could always start a new forum for all those people who want to sit and nod heads, cheer and agree - we could get president Bush to be a moderator!

P.S. Thanks for the last post Luthier keeping good comms is a definite step forward.

The comments about rudeness where mostly posted in response to "someone" calling Luthier a liar (a comment that Luthier took "great offense" from). You will not find the offending comment anymore because it was changed...

I'm not really sure what taking offense from these personal attacks has to do with "blindly going along with everything said"... but I'm sure it makes sense to you (somehow).

I ask questions all the time (and I have had some of them answered by Oleg), but I do it without calling people liars, or getting people worked up with wild conspiracy theory's...

And speaking of wild conspiracy theory's, Luthier has stated that the "negativity, accusations and criticism" that you are so fond of is one of the reasons why we DON'T see "alpha game" screen shots...and its because Oleg and crew know that 2 seconds after the "alpha shots" are posted that people will be flooding the forum with negative comments about all the unfinished details.

If you think that the "so called insults" have done nothing but good then I really hope the moderators start taking a more active role in the forums because your attitude will be opening a floodgate of unruly behavior...

p.s. Oleg thanks for dropping in and answering that question, its nice to hear from you again (so soon)...

Last edited by proton45; 06-09-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:24 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by leitmotiv View Post
I am astonished valuable time is being wasted on the Anson and Bf 108---neither are necessary for a B of B sim (OK, the Anson gives Heinkel 111s something to dominate). A Hudson makes more sense. One would have hoped for a flyable Beaufighter IF so that a radar war would have been possible for the Blitz. Considering the non-importance of the Gladiator to the Battle of France and B of B, its inclusion is another brain-pithing stunner.
Logic dictates that the next expansion to the sim will be the Mediteranian theatre of war. The release of a taster plane for that theatre seems in order?
Maybe as in the past it might be a bonus for the online crowd giving them a complete planeset of the Mediterainian theatre /battle for Crete, Greece, Malta etc.
He has supplied the Italian planes so why not include all the planes needed to simulate parts of the early mediteranian conflict. This is a first, someone complaining about too many planes
I suspect the me108 like the tigermoth are intended as either online trainers or as part of a historically acurate training phaze in the Dynamic or scripted campaigns.
Imagine the joy of actually completing a simulation of the genuine Luftwaffe or RAF pilot training program. Even if it is scripted or only as part of the tutorials it would be awesome.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:47 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton45 View Post
The comments about rudeness where mostly posted in response to "someone" calling Luthier a liar (a comment that Luthier took "great offense" from). You will not find the offending comment anymore because it was changed...

I'm not really sure what taking offense from these personal attacks has to do with "blindly going along with everything said"... but I'm sure it makes sense to you (somehow).

I ask questions all the time (and I have had many of them answered by Oleg), but I do it without calling people liars, or getting people worked up with wild conspiracy theory's...

If you think that the "so called insults" have done nothing but good then I really hope the moderators start taking a more active role in the forums because your attitude will be opening a floodgate of unruly behavior...

p.s. Oleg thanks for dropping in, its nice to hear from you again (so soon)...

Proton, you have consistently called anyone that has asked for more updates or questioned the current status of SOW a whiner, how is that being constructive? You obviously have little or 'no' understanding of the word 'debate'. According to yourself and others its ok to ask questions as long has we dont mention anything to do with completion or release dates. I really dont think either Ilya or Oleg are that 'thin skinned'. You should give them far more credit, and stop trying to protect them, i am most certain they are more than capable of doing that for themselves.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for the update, it is much appreciated.

Everything I’m reading sounds fantastic. We’ll be getting two incredibly detailed simulators. One will begin with the Battle of Britain and progress to other Theaters. Then at around the same time, we’ll be headed to Korea and the birth of the jet age. What is there not to like.

I’m as anxious as anyone to get my hands on both of these, but I’m willing to wait until it’s done right.
Old 06-09-2008, 10:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Proton, you have consistently called anyone that has asked for more updates or questioned the current status of SOW a whiner, how is that being constructive? You obviously have little or 'no' understanding of the word 'debate'. According to yourself and others its ok to ask questions as long has we dont mention anything to do with completion or release dates. I really dont think either Ilya or Oleg are that 'thin skinned'. You should give them far more credit, and stop trying to protect them, i am most certain they are more than capable of doing that for themselves.
Welcome to the club of bada$$es who really think that this whining leads to nothing, Proton45.

Tree_UK, the persons who really just asked about the status or updates are rare and why do you think they have an even thinner skin than Proton45 and myself that they can't take the truth and the hint that there is a) a search function that would reveal about 30-40 likewise threads and b) a number of stickies and other threads explaining the current problems?

Infact, why would you call it a debate anyway, if they were merely asking for updates?
Old 06-09-2008, 10:17 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb4 View Post
Logic dictates that the next expansion to the sim will be the Mediteranian theatre of war. The release of a taster plane for that theatre seems in order?
Maybe as in the past it might be a bonus for the online crowd giving them a complete planeset of the Mediterainian theatre /battle for Crete, Greece, Malta etc.
He has supplied the Italian planes so why not include all the planes needed to simulate parts of the early mediteranian conflict. This is a first, someone complaining about too many planes
I suspect the me108 like the tigermoth are intended as either online trainers or as part of a historically acurate training phaze in the Dynamic or scripted campaigns.
Imagine the joy of actually completing a simulation of the genuine Luftwaffe or RAF pilot training program. Even if it is scripted or only as part of the tutorials it would be awesome.
Best post so far!

You have just sent my mind racing with the possibilities of the training program. Two seater planes able to have two players inside one aircraft, one a trainer the other a new player, doing an historical flight program of each nation. This is how I will get my friends interested in this game to play with me!
Old 06-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
Please don't take one or two reactions as representative of the general opinion.
I don`t