Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-23-2009, 10:03 AM
Approved Member

Default Cheap PS3 Track IR next year?

I've lifted these quotes from another thread and started this one so as not to take the other off topic, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACADEMIC View Post
...I'm particularly impressed with the Track IR - would free up the right stick on the pad and be so much more intuitive. I just wonder, isn't there a thing called Eye TV for PS that has that kind of functionality, couldn't that be adapted by the developers to sense head movement? I'd get one right away!

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but if possible we should put this on our developers wish list asap.

MACADEMIC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndstone Hawk View Post
Re: MACADEMIC's post. Hey, like the way you're thinking. Great idea but I'm very sure it wouldn't work. TRACK IR is an extremely sophisticated little gizmo & uses infrared light to track your head movements in much the same way as ultra-expensive targeting systems. Track IR5 is weighing in at something like £130. On the other hand, the Playstation Eye is little more than a glorified webcam. It would've been great if it could be enhanced with games like BoP in providing motion data but I have doubts as to its limitations.
But Sony have this in development, which I'm sure could be packaged in such a way to provide TrackIR functionality. Maybe in time for the BoP sequel (Although I doubt it).

Old 12-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Approved Member

Gran Turismo 5 will have something like that, so I'm sure it would be possible to implement in this game.

Xbox 360 players don't have to worry about being left out either, this will be a basic function of Project Natal too.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by David603 View Post
Gran Turismo 5 will have something like that,.
oh man when thats out my dreams will have come true
Old 12-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haitch40 View Post
oh man when thats out my dreams will have come true
PS3's 3D tech will surpass that.
Old 12-24-2009, 12:15 AM
Approved Member

Anton has already stated this is one of the things they are looking at doing with the sequal for BOP. GT will be getting this as well.
Using the PS eye. Hopefully then can implement this. And there is videos on Youtube showing demos of the PS Eye used for head tracking.

Last edited by trk29; 12-24-2009 at 12:24 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi_Sanjuro View Post
PS3's 3D tech will surpass that.
i ment gt5 its been at the top of my wishlist for 2 years now
Old 12-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
Anton has already stated this is one of the things they are looking at doing with the sequal for BOP. GT will be getting this as well.
Using the PS eye. Hopefully then can implement this. And there is videos on Youtube showing demos of the PS Eye used for head tracking.
Like this?
Old 12-24-2009, 11:27 AM
Approved Member

Truly impressive, wonder when these wand things will be released
Old 12-25-2009, 03:58 PM
Approved Member

Default Thank you Infinitestates!

Thanks for picking up the suggestion and making a new thread. I'll also link this one on the 'Suggestions to Developers' thread.

Seems after all like the EyeTV is in fact quite capable of precisely tracking headmovements. It would be so cool if our beloved developers would implement this feature. This, in addition to looking around with the head, could be used to bring out amazing 3D effects on the screen (only for the person who is being tracked, so this would be limited to one player per screen, which should be no obstacle for BOP).

Here's another video to illustrate this (3D effect shown starting from 2:30):

The technology seems to be ready. Go, Anton and team, go

MACADEMIC

Last edited by MACADEMIC; 12-25-2009 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Embedded Video
Old 12-25-2009, 08:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MACADEMIC View Post
Thanks for picking up the suggestion and making a new thread. I'll also link this one on the 'Suggestions to Developers' thread.

Seems after all like the EyeTV is in fact quite capable of precisely tracking headmovements. It would be so cool if our beloved developers would implement this feature. This, in addition to looking around with the head, could be used to bring out amazing 3D effects on the screen (only for the person who is being tracked, so this would be limited to one player per screen, which should be no obstacle for BOP).

Here's another video to illustrate this (3D effect shown starting from 2:30):

The technology seems to be ready. Go, Anton and team, go

MACADEMIC
This is very exciting news indeed. I've been using the Track IR for a few years now & I'd be lost without it (which is why I've found BoP so frustrating). If console players can soon enjoy this head tracking tecnology from a simple gadget as the playstation eye then ... WOW; you're in for a treat! The more ppl that enjoy this freedom of ingame viewing; the better!