Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 04-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Approved Member

Default ATAG Dedicated Server is up!

Hi all.

Our server is now up. This is a full realism (minus 2 handed controls) server that is set to host 128 players.

Server hardware:

Quote:
-Two Intel Xeon X5690 processors (twelve physical 3.46ghz cores on QPI + hyperthreading + turbo->3.73ghz)
-48 GB registered DDR3 ECC memory
-10gbps upload/download all fiber network

It also keeps ATAG members warm in the winter!

FS~Phat - eat your heart out
We have now switched to an unlimited slot TS3 server that everyone is welcome to use. If anyone would like their own private/public squad channels, let me know Never fly alone. Grab a wingman and fly tactically!

TS3 IP: 216.52.148.29:9987

IL2COD Direct connect IP: 216.52.148.29:27016

Cheers!

ATAG Forums + Stats

Last edited by ATAG_Bliss; 10-24-2011 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

Nice.. drools over the thought of 128 players.. Dog-fight heaven!

Until you find a mission replacement, I can add various bomber objectives (so you guy's dont' feel left out). Someone would have to test those as it would probably take me 20 goes to land a bomb in the right place, lol.

Currently adding a fuel truck convey - with a destination to a fuel yard (big boom - nice find to the guy who posted about that in a thread).

I'll look into getting trains working too, as another objective.

Ships could be another tasty objective.

I'm intent on working out how to allow players to re-arm/fuel and will add that if possible - not sure about repair.

Any suggestions welcome, or any problems, I'd be happy to tweak away.

I'll update the mission briefing's to give co-ordinates for the bomber objectives (eg. E4 - Truck convoy heading south to fuel depot at E6)

Last edited by doghous3; 04-11-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

i get all the time the "time out" message.dont know what im doing wrong.
i just cannot connect.and when i quit the game, my internet doesnt work anymore!???
Old 04-11-2011, 06:51 PM
Approved Member

Nice Bliss.. im sure going to give it a try!
Thxs for ur trouble and certainly if it is as good as the previous one, it is going to rock!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doghous3 View Post
Nice.. drools over the thought of 128 players.. Dog-fight heaven!

Until you find a mission replacement, I can add various bomber objectives (so you guy's dont' feel left out). Someone would have to test those as it would probably take me 20 goes to land a bomb in the right place, lol.

Currently adding a fuel truck convey - with a destination to a fuel yard (big boom - nice find to the guy who posted about that in a thread).

I'll look into getting trains working too, as another objective.

Ships could be another tasty objective.

I'm intent on working out how to allow players to re-arm/fuel and will add that if possible - not sure about repair.

Any suggestions welcome, or any problems, I'd be happy to tweak away.

I'll update the mission briefing's to give co-ordinates for the bomber objectives (eg. E4 - Truck convoy heading south to fuel depot at E6)
Wow that is awesome. I can't thank you enough for taking the time to do this. Btw, go hog wild with it, ships/objectives/tanks/AI planes etc. (all sorts of objectives and stuff for bomber guys) With MP being very, erhhmm.., basic for the dedicated part, we might as well go all out and see how good the present software with the game is.

Trust me, the server will handle anything you throw at it. Let's see how the game engine does

Quote:
Originally Posted by David198502 View Post
i get all the time the "time out" message.dont know what im doing wrong.
i just cannot connect.and when i quit the game, my internet doesnt work anymore!???
Hi David,

Did you ever get that sorted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riksen View Post
Nice Bliss.. im sure going to give it a try!
Thxs for ur trouble and certainly if it is as good as the previous one, it is going to rock!
Thanks Riksen

We hope so mate! Still the early days of the game let alone MP, but I think it's going be quite amazing in a few months.

Don't forget to hop on coms

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 04-11-2011, 08:10 PM
Approved Member

Ok cool, and it's np; it's fun to do. Be nice to have some documentation though, but devs are notoriously bad for keeping any, so will have to trial an error a few things I suspect.

There is an immediate issue though. TIME - I'll look into it, but as time does what it does, and the server is 24/7, there will be several hours of pure darkness; like now. There are spot-light objects, which is fine for airfields, but dog-fights over the Channel.. lol.

But there's always a way!

Anyway, might be a good idea to time a server restart so that it's light for the peak time of the server; which I'm sure you can gleam from server statistics. I'll adjust mission start time to 4am (dawn, but light enough).

Last edited by doghous3; 04-11-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Bliss View Post

Trust me, the server will handle anything you throw at it. Let's see how the game engine does
Remeber SYN that your server maybe able to handle it but not everyones PC will be able to handle the strain causing lag.

you might want to run lean and clean and slowly add objects to find a happy medium.

S!
EVGA 660SC (super clocked) 2GB Vram
CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
64 GB SSD SATA II HD
WIN7 UL 64BIT
Old 04-12-2011, 02:08 PM
Approved Member

well i connected two times to another server sucessfully.but that took me several tries as well.and after some minutes of playing the host left the game.but those were not full real servers which is im looking for.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Approved Member

Mate the FM's have been changed without a doubt, I did say that but only stability/stall speeds from what I can see and have tested not Power or PP changes apart from obviously the boost cut out on the spittys...

No AC flap about now at low speeds which IMO was quite bad on the Spit & 109 prior to this Beta.

But apart from those fixes they are the same Aircraft performance wise . In fact no they're not as you now have a boost cut out which you can ramp throttle upto 110% in the spits
Old 09-07-2011, 02:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
In fact no they're not as you now have a boost cut out which you can ramp throttle upto 110% in the spits
The only thing done to the Boost cut out is the ability to put the gate back and not use it, you could turn it on before the patch. Anybody run speed tests to see if the all the other aircraft (besides the Spit II) have their FM tweaked for greater Speed?

JD
AKA_MattE
Intel X25-M 160GB SSD
Mushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB
MSI R7970 OC
ATI Catalyst 12.3
KINGWIN Mach 1 1000W
COOLER MASTER HAF 932

MajorBoris
"Question: Do you forum more than you fly?"

raaaid
"i love it here makes me look normal"

Last edited by Jugdriver; 09-07-2011 at 02:20 AM.