Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 09-06-2011, 10:15 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
For Chat hit 'Back Quote' the key immediately below the Esc key (I think thats true for your keyboard, its the one marked `
Type your message and hit Enter. You will need to click back into the game screen to leave the Chat window or all your keypresses will go into the Chat box.

To refly Select an airfield and an aircraft (if there is a choice) and click Create, just as you did the first time.

You can change your Steam profile name. Either open Steam and select Steam... Settings or Right Click on the tray icon and select Settings. Select the FRIENDS Tab. It should show Profile Name as Deutz. I think you change it there.
Thanks for aswer...
But i can't join derver: i receve a message "serveur use a other version of game" ??? I think that update are automaticely via steam.

Or that's because the server is on HL ?
Old 09-06-2011, 11:06 PM
Approved Member

Hi Deutz,

The server is running the beta patch.. To join you need to manually download and install the patch. Trust me, you should! The patch is awesome!

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 09-06-2011, 11:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
Hmmm.. my only gripe is that the e-4 doesnt have its right speed implemented or if it has then the Auto Prop should be included..

because of this the Spit2 shouldnt be in the planeset imo..Arcade servers yes but not FR... It can chase the 109 down at any Alt which shouldnt be the case

It Turns better, out climbs and can now keep up with so for me its no fun at all flying against them in FR servers..reminds me of the Spit25lb in Il2.

my 2 cents
Well, I included both just in case FM's were adjusted. But are you sure they weren't? Granted the E4 does not dominate the SpitII, I was in a spitII earlier against an E4 and the only reason I won was because the E4 got into a nasty spin in which I finally caught up and put some hits on him.

But never could I climb with him. Maybe something has changed? Because the 109 pilot was flying it right, and turn climbing to boot, and there was nothing I could do to catch him, up until his mistake.

I think we need to try it a bit longer with the II included. Unless I can't fly for sh!t (which I can't), I think something has been tweaked either spitII or 109.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 09-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Approved Member

Well this is my thoughts...

Red has 2 fighters Blue has 1

The Blue is and has always been the BnZ side while the red TnB (mostly)

If the red players wants to BnZ and catch the high 109's he takes the hurri and also if he likes flying high...if not then obviously the Spit1/1a..

The FM's have both been tweaked for stability that im sure off but not the Speed/climb/power (AFAIK) apart from the Spit getting the boost cut off corrected..which gives all Spit models a Lil more guts.

The SPit2 has never been included because it has its correct speed and PP unlike its lil brother 1/1a and the 109's

You cannot outrun a Spit2 in a 109, Ive tried countless times in arcade servers...if you couldnt climb with the 109 maybe it was your PP because Co E state ive never outclimbed a Spit2 in a 109, again based on what I perceive to be Average pilots.

Before it was Hurris that you feared up high and Co E (Av pilots) now you have to watch out for both birds..in fact i dont know why anyone would now fly the Hurri with the Spit being available...I sure wouldnt

Mate its your decision and yours alone, im just giving feedback.. the Spit 2 has been left out to keep the balance nice in FR servers like the old 25lb il2 spit

I think now the balance is shifted all Red..like you say though its early days and needs more testing but it was the opinion of me and others on Comms and we were flying both sides

~S~

Last edited by Ze-Jamz; 09-06-2011 at 11:47 PM.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:46 PM
Approved Member

Hmm,

After flying it longer. The FM's have definitely been touched. It's nothing like it was before. Just take a spin in the non patched version in a spitII and turn. Then do the same in the patch. Unless I'm crazy, I think there's been some drastic changes in FM.

But we'll see after further testing. Trust me, I don't want to see a complete domination for one side.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 09-06-2011, 11:53 PM
Approved Member

Mate the FM's have been changed without a doubt, I did say that but only stability/stall speeds from what I can see and have tested not Power or PP changes apart from obviously the boost cut out on the spittys...

No AC flap about now at low speeds which IMO was quite bad on the Spit & 109 prior to this Beta.

But apart from those fixes they are the same Aircraft performance wise . In fact no they're not as you now have a boost cut out which you can ramp throttle upto 110% in the spits
Old 09-07-2011, 02:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
In fact no they're not as you now have a boost cut out which you can ramp throttle upto 110% in the spits
The only thing done to the Boost cut out is the ability to put the gate back and not use it, you could turn it on before the patch. Anybody run speed tests to see if the all the other aircraft (besides the Spit II) have their FM tweaked for greater Speed?

JD
AKA_MattE
Intel X25-M 160GB SSD
Mushkin Enhanced Redline 8GB
MSI R7970 OC
ATI Catalyst 12.3
KINGWIN Mach 1 1000W
COOLER MASTER HAF 932

MajorBoris
"Question: Do you forum more than you fly?"

raaaid
"i love it here makes me look normal"

Last edited by Jugdriver; 09-07-2011 at 02:20 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
So far, I think there's no speed changes to the 109s. E-3 is still topping out around 450, E-4 maybe a hair slower.
+1 it's the same AC engine wise

This patch from what I gather has increased ALL fighter aircraft stall speeds (haven't tested bombers), it's still the E3 but with the ability to fire mineshells and the PP lever is now a switch which makes no difference to the pitch operation.

As I said earlier a good Hurri rotol pilot can keep up with, dive with and give the 109 a bad time but with the Spit2 your outclassed on most levels.

I'm tending to use the 109 like a 190 now and literally dive and run to maintain loads of separation against Mk2's...If the Mk2 has it's correct performance then I 'should' be able to pull away from it if it latches on my 6 level flight or in a dive....both things I'm finding very difficult to do if at all

Last edited by Ze-Jamz; 09-07-2011 at 07:38 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:03 AM
Approved Member

In reality was SpitII slower than E3 and E4? Anyone has figures?

I hope mineshalls can provide some balance similar to balance of La-5fn and FW-190. 1 vs. 1 Spit2 will win but 4 vs. 4 109E4 will win due to firepower. Need to fly some 4 vs. 4 sorties to check out. Get on Teamspeak for teamwork

Number of Spit2 can be limited with a script if it shows that it is still superior. E.g. it is possible to make them available only as a bonus for each 1 or 2 victories.

Last edited by Ataros; 09-07-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-07-2011, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
In reality was SpitII slower than E3 and E4? Anyone has figures?
Well this has been discussed in detail time n time again not just here but in Il2 too so I'm only going on what I have read... Obviously I can't say that it's 100% accurate but can we say that about any info were presented.

If it stays in it stays in, if I think it's out of balance I will fly elsewhere, I'm not here to ruin it for others..if the proof says the performance of everything is Ok then thats fine.

It's just feedback lads