Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 11-20-2011, 05:35 PM
41Sqn_Stormcrow

They all got the house numbers wrong!!!! Must be repaired asap !!!!

*grin*
Old 11-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by osprey View Post
forget st pauls, where the hell is selhurst park???????

Can we at least put the den and the valley in so we can bomb them?
lol
Old 11-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

Smile

AFAIK these iconic buildings were supposed to be indestructible to avoid these very issues.

So the real issue is I believe the map was just not finished, extremely far from it...You complain about England, you should look at the French side then...there it is wrong almost from A to Z: between the coastal line showing nuclear power plants locations or 1975 harbors to trees growing on the edges of wharves, from nondescript airfields without their proper shape and surface and with marked runways (!!) to absolute lack of any landmark (look at the industrial part of Le Havre harbor: this a repeat of the same buildings and chimneys over and over... this makes 10 times more chimneys than needed!), and I will not even talk about railways, steam depots, railway artillery, rivers, missing towns, strange elevations (not many German selected airfields were flat...)...

I understand all that is missing was not intentional but linked to the apocalyptic conditions of the release of the game, so I just wait confidently for the time it will be possible for a team I wish to be part of to make the needed adjustments, with 1C/MG authorization (as it is about modifying the main map, which is supposed to be a no-go)...

JVM
Old 11-27-2011, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

...and Westminster Cathedral, within sight of the Palace. Completed in early 1900s, every effort having been made to make it look like a candy cane.

I imagine the poly count would have been painful.

Still, there is much to like is the present sim. I can't wait to see what SDKs open up.