Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-29-2012, 02:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSix View Post
I can't understand why we have 2 same thread now about Friday update...
Because you were giving us a 2 part update, this one is for the patch I guess?
GTX 560Ti with 2GB (latest beta driver)
22" monitor @ 1680x1050
TrackIR 5
Saitek X52
Saitek pedals
Win7 64-bit Ultimate

"Ignorance speaks loudly, so as to be heard; but its volume proves reason to doubt every word."~Wes Fessler
Old 06-29-2012, 02:51 PM
Approved Member

Patch update! Patch update! Patch update! Patch update! Patch update! Patch update! Patch update! Patch update! Patch update!
Old 06-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Approved Member

Probably an easy question for the 109 afficionados...

I always thought that the main difference was the type of nose gun (15mm in the F-2, 20mm in the F-4).

So, apart from people telling us that the 109 in the screenshots is a specific model, are there any external differences between an F-2 and an F-4 that we may distinguish them ourselves?
Old 06-29-2012, 02:53 PM
drive-by-pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
Patch update! Patch update! Patch update! Patch update! Patch update! Patch update! Patch update! Patch update! Patch update!

+ 1
Old 06-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Approved Member

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post

I always thought that the main difference was the type of nose gun (15mm in the F-2, 20mm in the F-4).

So, apart from people telling us that the 109 in the screenshots is a specific model, are there any external differences between an F-2 and an F-4 that we may distinguish them ourselves?
I don't know of any visual differences (besides the bigger gun bore ) and the reason I know it's an F-2 is because of the image description if you read it.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post

It's not exactly easy to discern them just via screenshots. The only external indicator for an F-2 would be two narrow metal plates on each side of the fuselage where it joins with the tail unit. I don't see them in the update, but that doesn't mean this isn't an F-2.

The major difference between an F-2 and an F-4 was the engine, the former having a DB 601N (requiring C3 100oct fuel) while the latter had a more powerful DB 601E which had the added bonus of running on B4 fuel.
The armament thing is not as clear-cut, even though the F-2 left the factory with the MG 151/15 and the F-4 with the MG 151/20. But because of the similarity of both weapons it became pretty common pretty soon to rebuild the original 15mm cannon with a new barrel and new breech parts into the more powerful MG 151/20 (the very first F-2 captured intact by the RAF already had a 20mm cannon).
Old 06-29-2012, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

For me there is not a big difference between the 1940 and 1941 for the German air force, the BF109 F2/F4 and some Ju88A4 but all other Cod planes were still in service if I am not mistaken! Some ground cooperation aircraft where of use and some BF110 had some new types. The FW190 was for 1942.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Guys! watch the patch tread, my coment, i downlaoded and test it, and GREAT NEWS all works WELL! or its Very Good! no compliments and no CTD

[IMG]http://www.rincondesimulacion.com/im...00x200warz.png[/IMG]
Old 06-29-2012, 03:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by il_corleone View Post
Guys! watch the patch tread, my coment, i downlaoded and test it, and GREAT NEWS all works WELL! or its Very Good! no compliments and no CTD
REALLY???? :/

My report on the new patch is as follows....

Flying around in my BF109, I was pleased to see that there is STILL transparent tubing in the cockpit enabling me to see the ground/air/sea through the hull. Still.. at least there is the performance boost...eh? EH? Any performance boost? Oh well.. nevermind then. Always nice to have the frame rate drop to 1fps whenever the comms kick in as ever! I would have really missed that 'feature', I can tell you.

So glad I now have the opportunity to play CloD with EVEN LOWER settings and, somehow, have even less performance than with the alpha patch.

I was going to post an amusing photo of my hat on a plate, perhaps with a knife and fork, some vinegar...... so glad I didn't as now I would REALLY be eating my hat.

Not amused.

I am honestly not seeing any signs of ANY work having been done on this.

Last edited by Volksieg; 06-29-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 06-29-2012, 03:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksieg View Post
REALLY???? :/

My report on the new patch is as follows....

Flying around in my BF109, I was pleased to see that there is STILL transparent tubing in the cockpit enabling me to see the ground/air/sea through the hull. Still.. at least there is the performance boost...eh? EH? Any performance boost? Oh well.. nevermind then. Always nice to have the frame rate drop to 1fps whenever the comms kick in as ever! I would have really missed that 'feature', I can tell you.

So glad I now have the opportunity to play CloD with EVEN LOWER settings and, somehow, have even less performance than with the alpha patch.

I was going to post an amusing photo of my hat on a plate, perhaps with a knife and fork, some vinegar...... so glad I didn't as now I would REALLY be eating my hat.

Not amused.

I am honestly not seeing any signs of ANY work having been done on this.
There are a multitude of factors that can be affecting your install/performance/hardware/configuration. I wouldn't write it off as a crappy patch just yet...

You could try fiddling with settings or re-install (as a proper beta-tester would) before saying its unsatisfactory...within the first 20 minutes of patch release, by the way.