Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
yeah you are probably right. its when you get others in the game that umps might be needed. let try it for next week. like maybe 9pm your time 4pm mine?

Foz i like that idea. we have been role playing like that for a couple weeks now. there is a spot in france you can land. dover map, fly across the channel to the east. if you head straight over to the visible land you get bounced back. if you vector off to the east in about 5 minutes you will see cliffs much like dover and flat farm land...didnt see much in the way of buildings though. why dont you try to join us as we try out this game next week?
i think interest in all the game went by the wayside because of the summer months and better weather. too much other things to do with family and friends...sports...outings. now as the weather is chilling down and people are staying in more i truly believe things will pick up. ran into 2 guys last night who just bought the game...and i am seeing more of that ( and yes by the way i steered them here ). things that might not have have gotten off the ground several months ago might now. thats just my thoughts..we'll see.
I know the spot well, can be tricky to land on though because of the land textures and the fact theirs no shadows on the floor etc. Makes it quite tricky. More so on the 360 where the joystick has no brakes.

I dont mind joining in, providing its on the 360 that its happening?
Old 10-24-2010, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

certainly would be on 360. hoping for thurs, fri, or sat.
Old 10-24-2010, 07:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
certainly would be on 360. hoping for thurs, fri, or sat.
Evening UK time?
GMT +1
This will change to GMT this Sunday 31st October
Old 10-24-2010, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyboyacebassist View Post
Evening UK time?
GMT +1
This will change to GMT this Sunday 31st October
sent you a PM. evening for you mid day for me...
Old 10-26-2010, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

alright we tenitively have a couple xbox games set for thurs and sat. i will have tp make some adjustments to "ensure domestic tranquility" on my end but that should be done easily. so, 9ish GMT sound ok? i would like to set this up as a private game so let me or pope know if you plan to attend....should be fun.

Last edited by bobbysocks; 10-26-2010 at 07:36 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
alright we tenitively have a couple xbox games set for thurs and sat. i will have tp make some adjustments to "ensure domestic tranquility" on my end but that should be done easily. so, 9ish GMT sound ok? i would like to set this up as a private game so let me or pope know if you plan to attend....should be fun.

See you tonight my friend!
Old 10-28-2010, 04:47 PM
Approved Member

same here..........

GT EvangelusE
Old 10-28-2010, 05:02 PM
Approved Member

cool, i will see you guys around 9 your time...
Old 10-28-2010, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
cool, i will see you guys around 9 your time...

Many thanks Bobby, great idea, good game!
I think it worked best when we were all in a party so everyone knew each others status.

I look forward to the next one!
Old 10-28-2010, 11:21 PM
Approved Member

many thanks to you and the rest of the guys. it was fun.

for the rest of you on ps3 here's how we set it up.

CTA on a map with 2 airfields and by invite ( at first )
each team had to capture their own field. if you crashed at this point it you werent penalized.
once both teams captured their field everyone headed to the area between the fields to do battle. if you got shot down, or crashed....when you respawned you had to stay close to your field. the only battle you could do is to provide top cover for your mates that were landing....but you cant stray too far from the strip.
if you got damaged ( or ran out of ammo on a limited game ) you could land at your own field. once your ac came to a complete stop you bailed out and got a new crate to fly.
like markyboyacebassist said above..it works best if everyone stays in a party chat. its easier to tell when everyone on either team is shot down.

if there is still time on the clock and everyone is happy with their ac...then everyone got a free bail out and battle started again....but you didnt have to capture your fields again.
hmmmm just got an idea....change ends of the field. race to the other side and capture that field....no shooting as you pass the enemy planes in route to capture yours. once both are captured its game on again.
anyways we did this in both real and sim and theme ( 109 E3s vs hurris, 51s vs 190s )
it was all good fun. try it and tailor the rules as you see fit.