Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Approved Member

Like "last man standing"...I remember games using this as a mode back years ago, but haven't seen it implemented in quite some time. When they add this they need to add "invite only" game sessions too.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:06 PM
Approved Member

Heres one i was trying to get to work on the 360 but never happend

2 teams, 4v4 or higher.

Spitfire/Hurricane V 109E (RAF v Luftwaffe)

The game starts, straight away the luftwaffe fly to France (or as close as possible without being automatically turned round for reching maps edge) once in france they circle around at a height they choose.

The RAF stay over kent at a height they chose.

The Luftwaffes mission is a "raid" to attack a target of their choice.

The RAF, their just out on "patrol" gonig around Kent enjoying the view.

Each team has a designated leader. He picks the heigh you fly and and also gives the orders. The orders can be anything he wishes (stay close/split into pairs etc).

Once the Luftwaffe has reach France and their chosen height, (gives the RAF time to assemble etc) they turn around and head for their chosen target.

This is where the fun kicks in. The RAF know they are coming, they know they have a target to attack, but they dont know where or at what height.

Its a game of cat and mouse.

When an engagement is finally made, its 1 life only.

Once a plane gets shot down he's effectively out of the fight and must fly to an agreed nuetral point on the map away from the fight and either fly around or land. But it must be well away from the remaining pilots that are "alive"

It might sound complicated to set up but infact its fairly easy.

It makes for a very tense game to because you never know who can see you or where the enemy are!! you fly together in sim mode, looking around scanning the sky trying to get a glimpse of something.... then....... "down their rabbit leader, 3 o clock low, yellow nosed bastards"

The fight begins.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbysocks View Post
actually at first my mind was in "sequel mode". was going to try to suggest this to the devs. so when the window came up for quick match, ranked match, and so forth...if you picked ranked match you got all the options now but also a king of the heap kind of play.

but the more i think about it...it is doable now. I was thinking along the same lines as you pope. everyone would have to have a mic... and a couple players would have to officiate as umpires or referees. they could fly whatever plane they need be it a 163 or a 153. it would have to be set up on a CTA with one umpire watching the field so when someone landed to refuel and rearm the ump would give the OK to bail and thus respawn. the other ref would fly the battle field and one or the other would have to keep score. the game scoreboard would be null and void. if i was behind someone i would announce " Bobbysocks on Lightening27". if Lightening goes down i would get credited with a kill. IF you auger into the ground...you are out. this would keep play in higher altitudes. if you get into a spin you would have ample air to recover...you would shy away from hugging the deck and use it as a last resort defence. if you get shot up and can evade your attacker...you can get a fresh A/C...providing you can land in one piece. before the game is set 2 battle zones could be set up. one north and one south of the airfield. one would be for the actual game the other would be where you would go after you die. you can still dogfight there. the ref over the official battle field would instruct respawning players where to go and watch the game play from a higher altitude. some ot all of these might work. it would take a little time to learn and you would pretty much have to set it up for awhile as a private game.

so pope, you want to see if we can get a dozen guys to try this out? we can set up a special invitation game to see how it works. i will be out of town the rest of this week but will be around next thurs, fri, and sat and can get on whatever is good for you gents. maybe over the week we can talk amongst outselves and hammer out all the rules and such. you in?

i really wish there was a way that psn and xbox could fly together....
If you want a umpire, there is even a way to make them not on a side and show up as a blue dot on the map. Just get the player who will be umpiring to search for a dogfight an stay on the searching screen then accept an invite to the CTA game. Their game will think the CTA is a dogfight and when the game starts they will not be put on a side or feature at all on the games scoreboard.

I think we can probably trust each other enough not to need one though.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 10-21-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

Old 10-21-2010, 03:22 PM
Approved Member

Worst..wingman..EVER!! I'd rather have bucketman than that guy

Old 10-21-2010, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Worst..wingman..EVER!! I'd rather have bucketman than that guy
Yeah pretty shocking haha. Nice vid though!! Very "hoorah" when the second spit turns up and lets lose!! think thats the British in me kicknig in though.
Old 10-21-2010, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOZ_1983 View Post
Yeah pretty shocking haha. Nice vid though!! Very "hoorah" when the second spit turns up and lets lose!! think thats the British in me kicknig in though.
lol That chap in the second spitfire should have been brown bread too if the wingman had any fingers. Parking yourself metres infront of a 109 is not good for your health. Do that in BoP and its usually an instadeath

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 10-21-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
lol That chap in the second spitfire should have been brown bread too if the wingman had any fingers. Parking yourself metres infront of a 109 is not good for your health. Do that in BoP and its usually an instadeath
Doing that in BoP and you may as well be a lumberjack, because all you'll be doing is taking down trees all that low flying is dangerous haha
Old 10-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
If you want a umpire, there is even a way to make them not on a side and show up as a blue dot on the map. Just get the player who will be umpiring to search for a dogfight an stay on the searching screen then accept an invite to the CTA game. Their game will think the CTA is a dogfight and when the game starts they will not be put on a side or feature at all on the games scoreboard.

I think we can probably trust each other enough not to need one though.
yeah you are probably right. its when you get others in the game that umps might be needed. let try it for next week. like maybe 9pm your time 4pm mine?

Foz i like that idea. we have been role playing like that for a couple weeks now. there is a spot in france you can land. dover map, fly across the channel to the east. if you head straight over to the visible land you get bounced back. if you vector off to the east in about 5 minutes you will see cliffs much like dover and flat farm land...didnt see much in the way of buildings though. why dont you try to join us as we try out this game next week?

i think interest in all the game went by the wayside because of the summer months and better weather. too much other things to do with family and friends...sports...outings. now as the weather is chilling down and people are staying in more i truly believe things will pick up. ran into 2 guys last night who just bought the game...and i am seeing more of that ( and yes by the way i steered them here ). things that might not have have gotten off the ground several months ago might now. thats just my thoughts..we'll see.

Last edited by bobbysocks; 10-21-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Approved Member

Default Check the Mossies out Mr Pope!

Quote: