Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 02-24-2010, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

Now for the archdemon - T-rex analysis.

Some big unsettled issues here: does terrify work on the archdemon? I think not. Does tyrant work? I guess it does. Does halve work on the health of a single opponent? Someone claimed it does, I did not check it out. But leadership of the T is higher, so it does not really matter. Does Primal fear work on the AD? He has lower leadership, so it should, but I suppose he shakes off the loss of AP.

So let's see... AT/DE ratio for the AD is 6/5. AT/DE for the T is 65/66 but if tyrant work it becomes 65/46. Physical resistance is 15& for the T, 20% for the AD. An ordinary attack would thus score a damage range of 89-100 for the AD with a crit of 150, 90-135 crit 202 for the T. Averages of 95 and 113 respectively. Plus the T can do a free average of 25 points with no retaliation every 3 rounds starting at 1 through PF. This also means the AD, which is faster, can't keep distance infinitely. Since attacking does not seem worthwhile for the AD he can defend to increase his defense, but does he gain enough points that way? And are the bonus points still subjected to tyrant effect?

All in all - and this comes as a big surprise to me - it seems the Archdemon, which in spite of his nr. 6 on the entry list I considered the big favorite, is going to lose. He would have had an easy time against the Black Dragon, but it seems he is not equipped to eliminate the T-rex.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavned View Post
With the early elimination of the Ancient ent and the Bone Dragon, this tournament has become a replica of the Federer's tennis-era before Nadal join the ATP. We already know who's gonna win!

The Archdemon!

Too bad cause for me the Archdemon is like Jim Courrier, great tennis player, I just don't like the guy!
Sorry Pavned, I was so persuaded that the Archdemon (which I like a lot actually, I consider him more a sort of McEnroe) was going to win that I mistyped the result in my first entry.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavned View Post
With the early elimination of the Ancient ent and the Bone Dragon, this tournament has become a replica of the Federer's tennis-era before Nadal join the ATP. We already know who's gonna win!

The Archdemon!
Ah, and actually it seems - however incomplete and difficult the calculations - that through "halve" the AD would actually beat the ancient ent, the bone dragon and the cyclops. So, aside from the troll by night, it came as quite a surprise when my calculations showed he did not come out a winner against the t-rex. Maybe - but I did not yet make any calculations - also the giant would have stood a fair chance against the archdemon. Immunity to halve sways the balance quite a bit.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

The giant is immune to halve?

Anyway, it's looking more and more (to me at least) that the archdemons are overpowered this time around taking into consideration their characteristics relative to the amount of leadership/gold they require.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metathron View Post
The giant is immune to halve?

Anyway, it's looking more and more (to me at least) that the archdemons are overpowered this time around taking into consideration their characteristics relative to the amount of leadership/gold they require.
Halve only works on stacks with lower leadership. Since in this tournament every units competes on its own, the 5 units with higher or equal leadership than the archdemon (the 3 dragons, the t-rex, the giant) become immune.

I don't think an archdemon is overpowered. Actually I think, to keep close to how a true archdemon should be, he should also get the summoning ability of the demon. It seems more appropriate to me that an archdemon calls in lesser demons.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:09 AM
Approved Member

Looks like I called it! (From other thread
"3) Tirex looks like it should easily kill an Archdemon in a fight. SO I think our little tournament would depend on fight order. If Black, Red, or Green Dragon takes out the tirex first, archdemon wins. If tirex takes out Archdemon first..."

Tirex kills Archie, Black Dragon wins!
Old 02-26-2010, 03:04 PM
Approved Member

And at last, the final:

Black Dragon (1) 3

T-Rex (2) 0

We have nr. 1 and 2 in the final, and still there's some surprise, as many would have expected the green dragon and the archdemon to be protagonists of the final fight. Alas, the final is not up to the tournament and offers little leeway for surprises. The Black Dragon has overall better stats, only health and initiative being equal. Actually the BD, being faster and immune to primal fear, could just finish off the T-rex with RoF keeping distance, but even if they just slug it out, considering the BD has 20% resistance to physical damage whereas the T has 10% vulnerability to fire, the result is quite settled. On average the T does from 84 to 126 points of damage with a critical of 189, but the BD ranges from 154 to 182, critical 273. So in a slugfest it's likely the T goes down in the fifth round. The t-rex could try just defending to raise his DE and count on retaliation but it's extremely unlikely that would change anything - and there's still RoF to take in account.

So that was it, we have a winner, many thanks to anyone who read and/or commented on this little experiment, should anybody wish to pick up the idea and write down the hypothetical results of a round robin tournament, a tournament based on leadership rather than single units, a "double", whatever, I would follow it with curiosity