Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War

Men of War New World War II strategy game

Old 03-19-2010, 10:30 AM
Approved Member

Default Thinking about purchasing have some questions

Hi Everyone, I searched through the forums and couldn't find the answers I was looking for (which is possible that I am using the wrong words to search)

I was wondering if I could get some answers to my questions:

1) Can you save a game in the middle of a mission. I usually do not have a couple of hours to play a whole game through and may only have 30 min here and there and would like to know if I can load into a saved game in the middle of a mission.

2) Do units gain experience for kills? Do they get more accurate, reload faster, anything along those lines?

3) Do units carry over from mission to mission? I hope so as I'd hate to think I always have to start with new guys going into every battle.

4) Are the missions linear, or is it possible to fail a mission and have consequences...other than losing the game.

Appreciate any answers to the above, Thanks
Old 03-19-2010, 11:03 AM
Approved Member

1) yes - but only in singleplayer

2) no

3) y start allways with same soldiers + equipement

4) missions are linear - but y can solve every mission target with other ways
Old 03-19-2010, 12:40 PM
Approved Member

Thanks No Mam

Just quick point of clarification

For #3: Is that "Yes you start with the same soldiers from the last mission + equipment as well"?

or is that "Why would I want to always start with the same stuff"?

I hope it's the first one rather than the latter.

Thanks
Old 03-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Approved Member

y mean y are transporting soldiers + equipement to next level? (like in SHOWW II singleplayer or commandos?)
no, thats not possible.

in MoW the Singlplayermissions are too different - every level needs other units.

in some levels y have 5-8 paks or tanks + 50 soldiers -> in other y have only 4-6 single soldiers...
Old 03-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brashin View Post
2) Do units gain experience for kills? Do they get more accurate, reload faster, anything along those lines?
Riflemen are trained to use rifles, such as the Mosin Nagant. If you were to give them a submachine gun, they wouldn't be as good with it as they are with rifles. Units don't gain experience for kills. But, some are better at using a certain weapon then others.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Approved Member

To answer #4 there is one mission on the Russian side called Behind enemy lines. Your supposed to sneak around sabotaging stuff and if your spotted and the alarm sounds, you fail that section of the mission and everything you did up to the point the alarm goes off is canceled out and you go on the offensive w/ the entire enemy defense line reinforced and intact, well almost entirely full strength. Also, there is Borgs Last Fight and a small mission within the mission where u have to wreck some Rocket Launchers before they kill your Italian Destroyer which is supporting your defense. If u fail then you lose the on deck ship guns, which are quite helpful. Those are 2 missions i know of right off that have consequences for losing.
Old 03-19-2010, 03:22 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for all the feedback, truly appreciate it.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
Riflemen are trained to use rifles, such as the Mosin Nagant. If you were to give them a submachine gun, they wouldn't be as good with it as they are with rifles. Units don't gain experience for kills. But, some are better at using a certain weapon then others.
What ive seen from editing stats and what not the effectiveness of the weapon is based on the weapon's stats not the soldier carrying it. Same w/ a Tank, Ive put Tankers in tanks and Russian Civilian's, the gun and its accuracy is all the same. Same thing w/ a Machinegun, ive given them to 1 star guys and 3 star guys, the accuracy seems to be more based on the weapon's accuracy setting then # of stars the troop w/ it
Old 03-20-2010, 01:11 AM
Approved Member

Since your main questions have been answered let me add this. If you like WW2 RTS games and you want a WW2 RTS game that will challenge you, awesome game physic's, great game play, then this is your game.
Old 03-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Approved Member

or play the Singleplayer Demo. >>> DOWNLOAD <<<

...but in this demo y cant pay with any tanks/paks... or greater stuff. & this demo dont show y the real potential from game.