Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:20 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopdreams View Post
The Spitfire is absolutely fine, I can fly the whole Dover mission on simulation with a pad without stalling.
Wow, you've got some skills, seriously. I can get a bunch of Heinkels without stalling but when it comes to the Stuka section, it's just one stall/spin cycle after another.

Last edited by Rufus_the_Rat; 08-06-2009 at 08:23 AM.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus_the_Rat View Post
Wow, you've got some skills, seriously. I can get a bunch of Heinkels without stalling but when it comes to the Stuka section, it's just one stall/spin cycle after another.
If you really want to enjoy the game then get a flight stick. It will make all the difference.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:28 AM
Approved Member

I actually have an Aviator believe it or not. BUT I did just try the trick of decreasing the elevator sensitivity, and I mean not just by a bit (like I had tried before) but to 25% of its original value, and that seems to have solved the worst of the problem! Thanks guys!I also set the aileron to about 85%. I think ICC needs to provide a note of this in the manual, or a sticker inside the box, or a patch which sets the default sensitivity to 50% because so many game reviewers are going to be put off by this issue next month, it could hurt their impressions.
Old 08-06-2009, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

Yeah I can see that a lot of people will be put off the simulation mode by it, believing it to be almost impossibly difficult. Which is a shame because I think it provides the best experience.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus_the_Rat View Post
I actually have an Aviator believe it or not. BUT I did just try the trick of decreasing the elevator sensitivity, and I mean not just by a bit (like I had tried before) but to 25% of its original value, and that seems to have solved the worst of the problem! Thanks guys!I also set the aileron to about 85%. I think ICC needs to provide a note of this in the manual, or a sticker inside the box, or a patch which sets the default sensitivity to 50% because so many game reviewers are going to be put off by this issue next month, it could hurt their impressions.
I think taking it down to 25% is a little too far and will hurt maneuvers. For pad I used 10 notches up from the left on both sensitivities and for stick 12 notches up from the left.

so 10/18 for pad
and 12/18 for stick
on both sensitivities

those feel spot on. Still can stall on full lock but right on the edge so as not to limit ROM.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

If you reduce it too much you will hurt the maneuverability of the plane. When you stall does not only depend on the pull of the joystick but also on airspeed, angle of attack and other factors.

So a sensitivity setting that will make stalling impossible will avoid sharp turns.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Lecter View Post
If you reduce it too much you will hurt the maneuverability of the plane. When you stall does not only depend on the pull of the joystick but also on airspeed, angle of attack and other factors.

So a sensitivity setting that will make stalling impossible will avoid sharp turns.
+1

I made this same point on another thread:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...9&postcount=14
Old 08-06-2009, 11:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elneilios View Post
+1

I made this same point on another thread:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...9&postcount=14
Thanks for confirming. I got this impression while playing the demo with my joypad. Those WWII birds are quite different compared to fly by wire planes like the F16 in Falcon 4.0.

They are like historic sports cars. No ABS, TCS, ESR or whatsoever that save you if you make a mistake, but also lots more fun as you are in control of it and no computer holding your hand.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Lecter View Post

Exactly
Old 08-06-2009, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxqubit View Post
Ok, true about the sensitivity. You can get used to that, but what about e.g. the audio cues? Anybody noticed those? I for now didn't??
Anton said the audio before stalling was glitched, so will be fine in full game.