Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 11-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
Yeah, I need Resurrection too. Can't see it (or Target) on Verona. I will agree that Warrior seems easier so far. They really improved the Might tree this time around.
In the game description it says Paladin has resurrect ability, so where is it?
Old 11-22-2009, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

OK, sit back and read carefully.

There are 3 (!) resurrections in this game. One is an SKILL, the other is a SPELL ,and the third is an ABILITY.

The Resurrection SKILL is a Paladin-only skill. It allows the paladin HERO to resurrect up to 100% of a fallen stack, even if it has been completely destroyed. As such it has great use if you go for scapegoat units - meaning units, that the AI will target and they can die at will, while no other units suffer casualties in the end, after all the resurrecting has been done. Generally, that is a "no-loss victory with casualties" that will come back to life after the battle. Note, that the battle itself will not count as a no-loss, but it will be a no-loss for you.

The Resurrection SPELL is another thing. It has low chance to spawn on verona (the castles mainly) and higher chance to spawn on dersu, umkas, uzala, elon, shatterra, nameless island, reha. It can also appear in a chest on the field of battle and from the treasure searcher dragon ability.

The resurrection ABILITY is available to a few units - Paladins, Inquisitors, Demonologists, Gorguanas. Each of these unit's resurrection ability has its restrictions.

So keep digging and hope for the best. The game is random and you never know where this spell will hide. The best thing you can do is to do everything possible to find it - searching the islands and digging up chests.

EDIT: Fixed to clarify.

Last edited by DGDobrev; 11-22-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 11-22-2009, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
OK, sit back and read carefully.

There are 2 (!) resurrections in this game. One is an ABILITY, the other is a SPELL.

The Resurrection ABILITY is a Paladin-only skill. It allows the paladin HERO to resurrect up to 100% of a fallen stack, even if it has been completely destroyed. As such it has great use if you go for scapegoat units - meaning units, that the AI will target and they can die at will, while no other units suffer casualties in the end, after all the resurrecting has been done. Generally, that is a "no-loss victory with casualties" that will come back to life after the battle. Note, that the battle itself will not count as a no-loss, but it will be a no-loss for you.

The Resurrection SPELL is another thing. It has low chance to spawn on verona (the castles mainly) and higher chance to spawn on dersu, umkas, uzala, elon, shatterra, nameless island, reha. It can also appear in a chest on the field of battle and from the treasure searcher dragon ability.

So keep digging and hope for the best. The game is random and you never know where this spell will hide. The best thing you can do is to do everything possible to find it - searching the islands and digging up chests.
thx for the explanation, I know the difference between a spell and an ability btw. Paladin hero starts without the resurrection spell and the paladin's (creatures) don't resurrect plants, machines yet say they do.
Look, something is clearly not right here. My Paladin HERO has no resurrect spell like he did in KBTL, fine..make it so that he is totally useless, not my call. Even worse, I finally get some Paladin creatures only to discover that their ability only resurrects themselves and no other surrounding unit. This can surely not have escaped the game devs attention.
Old 11-22-2009, 10:22 PM
Approved Member

Great

I realize it's sort of hard to understand it - I myself had some trougbles grasping it. The general rule of thumb is:

Heroes (Warrior, Paladin, Mage) have skills
Units have abilities and some may cause post-effects (burning, poisoning)
Spells have (or don't have) effects

This is how I remembered the terms

And please read the explanation in the other topic, because this is NOT A BUG.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:23 PM
Approved Member

I just found target from a field salvage.
I also just got phantom from salvage.

Last edited by Tibster; 11-23-2009 at 03:12 AM.