Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Approved Member

Default What are you seeing / hearing in the new update?

Since there isn’t a Read Me how about reporting the new stuff you’re noticing in the new patch. I'll start it off...

-New tracers that are that are much better than old ones
-Tracer hits on ground are new and cool with ricochet action
-Sound of guns inside of Brit fighters is much improved…now sound like guns instead of someone drumming fingers on desk
-General performance seems improved.

Overall a nice update and step in the right direction
Old 06-29-2012, 08:59 PM
Approved Member

Tracers do look a lot better...loads better in fact

Not sure on the massive dots appearing on airfields though from a considerable distance
Old 06-29-2012, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

NO, definitely the effect of the trees at 2000 ft. is not fine at all. It is simply horrible. The tree does appear like little dots in front of the plane and disappear in the back. And because there are no tree at greater range the scene is bad at long range it is difficult to look at. It is a steep back. The previous patch for this was better, far better. Also there is no FPS benefit.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseispcc View Post
NO, definitely the effect of the trees at 2000 ft. is not fine at all. It is simply horrible. The tree does appear like little dots in front of the plane and disappear in the back. And because there are no tree at greater range the scene is bad at long range it is difficult to look at. It is a steep back. The previous patch for this was better, far better. Also there is no FPS benefit.
Agree! a step backwards and... we have waited 2 months for this!!!
Old 06-29-2012, 11:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aer9o View Post
Agree! a step backwards and... we have waited 2 months for this!!!
There have been multiple accounts of this being fixed by changing the trees quality in your video options.
Old 06-30-2012, 02:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseispcc View Post
Put trees up in the settings?
Old 06-30-2012, 03:46 AM
Approved Member

Any other new sounds?
Old 06-30-2012, 04:50 AM
Approved Member

Clouds don't give nearly the fps hit that they used to, can't wait for more missions with heavy cloud cover.
GTX 560Ti with 2GB (latest beta driver)
22" monitor @ 1680x1050
TrackIR 5
Saitek X52
Saitek pedals
Win7 64-bit Ultimate

"Ignorance speaks loudly, so as to be heard; but its volume proves reason to doubt every word."~Wes Fessler
Old 06-30-2012, 06:35 AM
Approved Member

What I'm seeing (all online)

The Bad

-Still terrible FPS hits on the ground especially with dust.
-Clouds still cause an unacceptable FPS hit when an enemy is near and clouds don't really work anyways. Limited to 1500m in height and only a medium setting in FMB
-Stutters seem the same / but seem to happen more randomly
-netcode is still untouched / laggy/warping with 40+ players / AI fly sideways / Ships fly in the air / Ships don't sink sometimes.
-LOD is terrible on distant aircraft. You might as well put a magnifying glass on your screen if you're playing at native resolution to spot a plane only 500m away.
-Dot transition is still terrible. Absolutely no AA/AF at a distant contact. Zoom in and you think you're playing an Atari (while looking at a bogie)
-New Stuka siren only heard by the pilot of that Stuka. No external siren at all.
-New models of aircraft fail to have their engines start online
-Same graphics bugs in various cables/controls in planes where you can see through them
-default skins packs that came with the game still don't show up if server has skin download off
-etc.,etc.,etc.,
-Basically - too many bugs to list.
-I could write a page of bugs just in the FMB alone, but they've all been reported here time and time again.

Good

-Tracer distance looks nice.
-Ricochets look nice
-Game does "feel" more smooth
-No CTD in 4 hours of play
-UBI logo fixed
-You can get out of a spin in a 109 now
-stuka has a siren (in cockpit only)
-can't think of anymore right now

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 06-30-2012, 08:09 AM
Approved Member

Wow Bliss...

I know this is a Beta but that amount of bugs (still) after all this time?

How many so called Betas are we going to get...seems to me they still have a mountain to climb as from what i gathered the devs only seemed to think its the FMs that needed the most work, definitely 1 step forward and 3 back.....

Flew again for 30mins, didn't ctd in game but did once id landed and hit the escape button also I'm not sure if its because I've been flying hsfx a bit lately but the 109 doesn't seem as stable?, I'm not on about when trying to recover stalls and spins but general flying...bit too twitchy?

Last edited by Ze-Jamz; 06-30-2012 at 08:12 AM.