Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 01-21-2010, 04:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus_the_Rat View Post
Okay I added this issue to 505 games Wikipedia entry under the Criticism section: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/505_Games.

Here is what I wrote (let me know if anyone thinks it needs to be changed somehow): "In early 2010, 505 Games has been criticized by customers for failing to release a game-fixing patch for the Xbox 360 version of IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey, even though the same patch was released for the PS3 version. Comments by the developers of IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey reveal that the patch has reportedly been finished but has been sitting in limbo for months awaiting approval.[1]"

I would be appreciative if people out there who are trying to help with this issue could keep an eye on that Wikipedia page every once in a while to make sure 505 games (or some other anal Wikipedia editor) hasn't removed that bit, and to add it again if they do.

mayby the story about the *quiet anton*...
Old 01-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

Default Interesting Article

Found this article on the net about a consumers fight with Ninetendo and 505 games.

http://consumerist.com/2009/06/ignor...publisher.html
Old 01-22-2010, 01:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEE View Post
Following the statement from 505 which cleverley addresses two issues we have with them:-

1. Failure to communicate with its customers.

2. Lack of committment to the Xbox platform following the release of the PS3 Title update.

We are investigating the development of a X360 patch and appreciate the importance of continuously evaluating and improving the game play experience. Although I am unable to confirm if and when this will be available, we will certainly update the community as soon as we know.

It's a non commital reply as to whether a patch will be released but the use of the word 'development' suggests that a patch was never submitted or completed for the Xbox. Somehow we need to get the evidence that they have the patch and it was submitted to them some time ago. Reading through Antons previous comms suggets that they did submit it

Can we prove that and how?

We have to maintain the pressure on 505 by shifting the argument to another issue otherwise they will simply continue to respond with the same non-commital reply.

If anyone has access to all of the devs responses, particularly those that state the patches were completed and submitted to 505 and time frames............post them here!

We have to challenge their use of 'Investigating the development' in that statement.
SEE, Ive found the tread were Anton tells us that the 360 patch has been made and is ready for 505 games QA

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=11460

Important posts being #6 , #8 and #9 .

Does this not prove that that patch was made at the same time as the PS3 one? I don't think Anton would tell us that if it were not the truth. It also implies that Anton was still communicating with 505 obviously telling them that the patch was ready for their QA but how he says "talking them into" it, sounds like 505 were hesitant to do it?
So "Investigating the development" is a lie going on what anton has said, as they must know it was made.

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope

Last edited by Robotic Pope; 01-22-2010 at 01:21 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:16 AM
Approved Member

Thats the post i was referring to (but couldnt find) in another thread pope when i replied to one of your posts.

The patch was done and was sent, though it was supposedly microsoft who sent the patch back/refused it because it had issues still, where as the PS3 patch did not.

So BOTH patches were put on hold until the 360 patch was sorted, but they didnt fix it and ended up only releasing the PS3 patch, letting the 360 version rot. To much time and effort to fix it for them. Its mroe about money, not the customer. Were just the pawns in their little game.

One day they will realise they need us though lol.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:46 AM
Approved Member

Thats exactly what we need and thanks Robotic for searching that post out and finding it. The 505 statement of intent seems to be well and truly contradicted and ultimately discredited by the response of Anton in that thread. We fight on........pawns? ...maybe, but can still get a king in checkmate!
Old 01-22-2010, 01:21 PM
Approved Member

Default My Response from 505 Games

Here is my lame response from 505 Games regarding the patch...

"Many thanks for your enquiry and feedback on IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

We are investigating the development of a 360 patch and appreciate the importance of continuously evaluating and improving the gameplay experience. Although I am unable to confirm if and when this will be available we will certainly update the community as soon as we know.

Thanks again for your email"

You now just wasted 10 seconds of your life reading that.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

Default Costs Associated with Patch Release

Found this article. Says developers get charged for releasing a patch through Sony but not with Microsoft. Unless I am reading this wrong this makes little sense they would release a patch to Sony first since it would cost them to do so. If this is the case then I suspect other issues are delaying or stopping the 360 patch.

Original article http://www.gamestooge.com/2009/04/30...s3-expansions/

"Bethesda seems to be taking an interesting tack when it comes to software updates for Fallout 3. Ever since the 1.4 patch, including the new 1.5 patch, the releases have been for the PC and Xbox 360 only. Of course those updates, besides bug fixes, are updating Achievements for expansions that are also not available on the Playstation 3. This could all point back to the surcharge on downloads that Sony began implementing on PSN downloads back in October, 2008, around the time Fallout 3 was released.

Since then Sony has charged developers $0.16/GB for content downloaded through PSN. Even content that’s free, like the Fallout patches, would be subject to the charge for the first 60 days that the content is out. Paid content would be subject to the fee as long as there’s a charge associated with it. This could also be why we haven’t seen the major Fallout 3 expansions on the PS3 either. Operation: Anchorage released on January 27, 2009 for 800 Microsoft Points, The Pitt ended up having a broken release in March for the same point value and the 3rd content pack, Broken Steel, will be out in May.

So far none of these expansions are even announced for the PS3 and the reason could be simple mathematics. On the Xbox Marketplace it shows the file sizes for both Operation: Anchorage and The Pitt. Combined they make up 861 MB. Given Sony’s $0.16/GB fee for downloads that means any user who downloaded both of them would cost Bethesda $0.14 (assuming a pro-rated schedule).

So, hey, you say to yourself, fourteen cents isn’t that big of a deal. Until you realize that there are potentially more than a million downloaders. That $0.14 rapidly balloons to $194,600 if all 1.39 million PS3 players download both updates. Even if we’re to be conservative and say that only 500,000 people download both packages, that still represents an extra $70,000 to be carried by Bethesda.

In the face of this there is simply no incentive for developers to release their products for download on the PS3: better to wait and do a “Game of the Year” package or something similar and avoid losing profits and dev costs to what is effectively a “download tax” that is not attached on competing platforms – in the meantime forcing game owners to pay for another full game that includes the extra content."
Old 01-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Approved Member

Default Wow

I wish I could have found all this anger from everyone two months ago .Back then every time I posted something about all of us getting together and bitching to everyone concerned I just got flamed and put down and told what a great game this was .Then I would get a grammar score.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:51 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation together we stand, divided we fall

Quote:
Originally Posted by IiI GUNNY IiI View Post
I wish I could have found all this anger from everyone two months ago .Back then every time I posted something about all of us getting together and bitching to everyone concerned I just got flamed and put down and told what a great game this was .Then I would get a grammar score.
IiI GUNNY IiI, I don’t believe anyone disagreed with you that we all need to rally together for “the cause”. I just think the way you worded some of your post seemed to be a bit aggressive, and you have to remember this forum is filled with a bunch of young guys with high testosterone levels who will not back down from a fight, (damn, wish I was still their age) you just give them a reason to attack. This recent post is excellent, you get your point across without instigating aggression, that is all I believe the members on this forum want, we all realize that you (as do we all) have an opinion and we respect that, just do not try and force your opinion on others, which I believe is the number one rule for any civil forum and hopefully we can all get along. Thank you for joining in to help us get the patch released, remember, “together we stand, divided we fall”.
Old 01-22-2010, 05:05 PM
Approved Member

Interesting reading that XR62MIB. There is a lot we don't know about the financial implications of releasing a title update for sure. Why on earth don't 505, and all involved, communicate their their point of view? I think most of us would be disappointed if it was a financial constraint that prevented any possibilty of a patch but I also think most of us would give more respect to the publishers. We could even offer to pay for a decent upgrade in the form of a DLC . OK, contentious may be and pretty sure some would object but an option non the less!

Thanks for posting that........