Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-09-2009, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBear45 View Post
Well thats a perfect comment cause think about it... if all these people have this game and the multiplayer is dead... SOMETHING IS WRONG. Its because games are not joinable and people go online... see nothing... and leave. the developers made a crappy online game.
Most console games do not support join in progress. It's nothing new. I used to play a lot of Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six, they don't allow join in progress, yet the available server list was always full. I also play a lot of Battlestations, people bitch about there being hardly any servers for that but there are always at least half a dozen in the list and that game never made the top 20 charts even. I've only got 2 games that do allow join in progress, COD and Forza 2, and in forza you can't actually join the race just the server and wait for the next race
Old 09-09-2009, 02:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny M NL View Post
played one match yesterday, only found an arcade one, and it was terrible... I stuck to some guy's six for like 3 minutes, got at least 20 hits on him. he was pouring smoke but did not die, and out of nowhere some dude gets on my six, fires 4 rounds, and I'm dead... WTF?!
Yeah he was probably the host. Ive noticed the host has a big advantage. I think the netcode isn't the greatest. Also, Why arn't there any ping bars?

XBL GT: - Robotic Pope
HyperLobby CS: - Robot_Pope
Old 09-09-2009, 02:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotic Pope View Post
Yeah he was probably the host. Ive noticed the host has a big advantage. I think the netcode isn't the greatest. Also, Why arn't there any ping bars?
I think I played against you yesterday in Browntrout's server. Did you get lag in that game ? 'cos it was fine for me and I'm in the UK and Browntrout is in
North America.

I agree about the ping bars though. Anton even told us to pick servers with a low ping to avoid latency, but how are we meant to tell what our connection is like with out them.

And yes I've noticed in arcade mode anyway that the host has a big advantage, it's nowhere near as bad in realistic though because of the reduced damage model.

Last edited by Yossarian; 09-09-2009 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Yudintsev View Post
1) Never heard of this. Will check.
2) Just lag. Nothing van be done from our side. Try to select games from nearby places (with smalle ping) or host session
3) If you simply hit someone, doesn't mean that they die immediately. Considering that you have prooved lag, probably not all of your bullets really find a target.
4) That will be addressed in a neares update. Although it is more complicated that it seems to be, but it will be addressed somehow. Details soon.
5) It is called NAT configuration, I assume. Network configurations can be very sophisticated, and not all of the sessions can be joined. Try to select another game. Or there are simply no MP games available.
Anton,

1 point is true. Experienced this one on several occasions. Probably due to the fact that you respawn on or close to another unfortunate armchair pilot.
Old 09-09-2009, 02:35 PM
Approved Member

I agree about the ping bars though. Anton even told us to pick servers with a low ping to avoid latency, but how are we meant to tell what our connection is like with out them.

I was wondering about this. At the moment, I don't even get to choose which server to use. It just throws me into a room (If I'm lucky enough to find one.) I have taken to creating my own sessions to bypass this, but I would much rather join a full room then have a three person dogfight
Old 09-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Bader View Post
Anton,

1 point is true. Experienced this one on several occasions. Probably due to the fact that you respawn on or close to another unfortunate armchair pilot.
Aye it's happened to me and on screen it said that me and another team mate had crashed at the same time.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
Aye it's happened to me and on screen it said that me and another team mate had crashed at the same time.
Yup, It has happened to me on a number of occasions, including my first ever death and respawn playing multiplayer. In dogfight It seems like Everybody is using the same spawn point, aswell as the spawn deaths it causes games turning into 1 furball around the spawn point of a giant unused map. The game really needs more random spawn points covering the whole map.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
The game really needs more random spawn points covering the whole map.
Or airfields for respawn. Actually I don't quite like the idea of respawning midair.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by H Lecter View Post
Or airfields for respawn. Actually I don't quite like the idea of respawning midair.
Having to take off would be nice, but that would leave respawners too vulnerable to the other players who would circle the airstrip like vultures looking for an easy lunch.

Old 09-09-2009, 05:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Having to take off would be nice, but that would leave respawners too vulnerable to the other players who would circle the airstrip like vultures looking for an easy lunch.
I used that tactic on CtAF, I-153 with bomb payload Amazingly gratifying