Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-17-2009, 02:09 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talon89 View Post
Are the graphics in "Wings of Prey" unrealistic? Sure.

Are they more realistic than any other sim I've ever seen? Definitely, and I've logged a lot of IL2, Flaming Cliffs, DCS and FSX hours. A lot of the settings can be adjusted to tone down the "overdone" effects. Don't knock it until you've tried it guys.

This whole conversation is so stupid, it just pained me to read. It is a really, really good looking game. If I could have a game right now that took the complexities and feature set of IL2 and the visuals of Wings of Prey, I'd probably pay a couple hundred dollars for it (don't get any ideas oleg! ). It's that much of an upgrade over the visuals in my beloved IL2.

Unfortunately, as good as it looks, it's not much of a sim right now, it's a very beautiful game with a few sim qualities.
Well said...People are so hung up about the dingy effects, they are not seeing the forrest for the trees... If SOW looks as good all will be well... It may not at the start but I'm confident it will based on the early look of IL-2 vs what it looks like now...
Old 12-17-2009, 05:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feuerfalke View Post
Just take a look at the blueish gras and tell me this looks realistic. It looks nice, yes, but it does NOT look realistic.
In fact, it is green on my monitor, if it is assumed that screenshot represents colors in sRGB. However, this is not the point.

We all know that grass color is green. But when? Daylight makes it look green, but other light might change this perception. If I look through window now, everything outside looks blue to me, because it is morning in winter now. If I was outdoor for some time, my eyes would adapt and perceived blueish tint would disappear. The same is with indoor lightning when incandescent light bulbs are used - everything looks yellow, until eyes adapt. When we look at screenshots, our eyes are not adapted to them if their color temperature is unusual, but when we play the game, perception, that tint is wrong, disappears after few minutes. So, it is hard for me to say that such colors are unrealistic, but I can say that some screenshots definitely look like photos taken without correct color filters and presented without any color correction - read: ugly.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:46 PM
Approved Member

I think that, regardless of what anyone thinks about the haze, atmosphere, light color, etc, one of the greatest achievements of the WoP team is how organic and detailed the terrain and cities look!

A few years ago, I never would've believed that I'd soon be able to fly over something like this in a flight sim:

It's a good time to be a sim-fanatic!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:28 PM
Approved Member

Running low on Popcorn.

Wop Looks good graphically no doubt, but I think Sow/Bob cockpits look much better done from the screens I have seen.

My money goes to Best FM, DM and realistic engine managemt, I dont care if graphically there is only a slight improvement from IL-2.

If my primary concern was to fly over realistic terrain then I would just fire up FSX and ASA over my addon scenery areas.

Wheres some info on WoP FM DM models and engine management and such?

Also campaigns, adding user campaigns/missions

Aircraft ai?

Multiplayer?

Things like Sow/Bob being able to attack radar and HQ's and such add a lot for me. It really looks like the ground attack will be quite interesting in Sow/Bob.

I have not seen enough to tell me Wop is not a gamey sim yet. Too early to tell.

Sow/Bob still looks like the only Simulation in town for I am looking for.

Cheers
Old 12-17-2009, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromius View Post
Running low on Popcorn.

Wop Looks good graphically no doubt, but I think Sow/Bob cockpits look much better done from the screens I have seen.

My money goes to Best FM, DM and realistic engine managemt, I dont care if graphically there is only a slight improvement from IL-2.

If my primary concern was to fly over realistic terrain then I would just fire up FSX and ASA over my addon scenery areas.

Wheres some info on WoP FM DM models and engine management and such?

Also campaigns, adding user campaigns/missions

Aircraft ai?

Multiplayer?

Things like Sow/Bob being able to attack radar and HQ's and such add a lot for me. It really looks like the ground attack will be quite interesting in Sow/Bob.

I have not seen enough to tell me Wop is not a gamey sim yet. Too early to tell.

Sow/Bob still looks like the only Simulation in town for I am looking for.

Cheers
Just off the top of my head, this is what I know so far about Wings of Prey.

WoP FMs and DMs are taken from Il2 1946. Engine management could be as per 1946, but I don't know, because the more complex features were omitted from the console versions because a gamepad does not have enough buttons.

AI is taken from 1946 but seems to have been altered somewhat, not nessesarily for the better, and isn't as good as the Certs AI mod.

Multiplayer has 4 different game modes, Dogfight, Team Dogfight, Strike and Capture the Airfield. 16 players are supported on consoles, this will probably be increased for PC. Take-offs and landing are not featured in multiplayer on consoles, but the devs have said this will be changed for PC.

6DOF will be supported on PC.

There will be a mission creator, but I don't know details of this.
Old 12-18-2009, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs down

why the hell would they make people order the game in order to play the Beta? bunch of bs..
EVGA Nvidia GTX 680 Video Graphics ard
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
Cooler Master HAF 922
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W
46" Samsung LCD HDTV
Win8 x64
Old 12-19-2009, 12:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramstein View Post
why the hell would they make people order the game in order to play the Beta? bunch of bs..
U think they get more money after release from those people?
Old 12-19-2009, 01:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramstein View Post
I'm having alot of fun beta testing WOP and I'm getting the game for ten bucks less than non beta testers. They actually paid me 10 bucks for something I would have done for nothing. If this is BS then I want more of it. I didn't pay to beta test IL-2, but had to pay full price for the sim when it was released. No problem there either as I enjoyed the months of beta testing IL-2, especially as there were very few bugs compared to most beta tests.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:05 AM
Approved Member

you guys gone from reality playing virtual entertainment games. Such moment you want everything should be realistic. Determine yourself.
You can make "origame-ayercrafft" using A4 paper. And push it on air by da wind. It's free an funny.
Also you can buy RC-model of lovely aircraft for $250-$600-$... and get more satisfaction.

WoP is best of "aircraft-simulation-game" what U can get right now. What U waiting for?
Old 12-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Approved Member

An REAL aircraft-simulation-game!!