Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-14-2012, 09:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
... I got win7 professional, Quad-core CPU, NVidia GTX570, 8GB RAM.
My CloD ingame graphics settings are all on medium.
Everything else runs with no problem on high settings, Skyrim, Crysis2 and other games that look graphically more impressive than CloD.

Thanks for your reply anyway
How much VRAM does the 570 have?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 09-14-2012, 09:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
..from flying / enjoying / being productive in CLOD
In a word or three, DCSW:Ka-50 and DCSW:A-10C
Old 09-14-2012, 09:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
How much VRAM does the 570 have?
... VRAM ? No idea sorry ?
Old 09-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

How much ram does your graphics card have I.e. 1gb, 2gb etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
How much ram does your graphics card have I.e. 1gb, 2gb etc...
sorry, I was in the office when I answered your reply, not on my own pc so I could not really check. VRAM is 1.280 MBytes. ( I think)
Old 09-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
For me its the following and in order.

1. Building pop up, incredible that a game released in 2011 cannot get this sorted.
1a) Weather/Clouds/ Overcast (lack of any real weather effects or immersion)
2. Crap AI
3. Poor FM's
4. Slow downs, dust particles/smoke and zooming in
5.Stutters (micro)
6. Flickering trees
7. Netcode (as I mainly play offline)
8. No Anti-Aliasing
9. Ridiculously hard to use in-game .avi creator with no manual to explain just how to use it effectively!
10. Just in-case you forgot since I mentioned it- Building pop up, incredible that a game released in 2011 cannot get this sorted when others make it look easy.
11. Loadout can't be changed on some aircraft (and even if you say it can...I can't do it!)
12. Basically no Single player content that is enjoyable due to "2. Crap AI" and the ridiculous response of the enemy when attacked. Either carries on regardless and gets shot up or does amazing impossible rolls until it thinks you aren't following anymore....and repeats until either dead or escapes
Unfortunatally this says everything I want to.

Basically got fed up with broken promises, backward steps and a very, very poor quality product that we were lied to about from the very start to this moment.
Uninstalled at the moment, and in truth not holding out much hope as I won't spend more money to either uprade from a system that plays any other current game just fine or on a dubious promise that fixes might be in a paid sequal.

Chris

http://www.aircombatgroup.co.uk/index.php

Gigabyte z77-d3h, Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40GHz (OC 4.2GHz), Corsair Vengeance Low Profile 24GB DDR3 PC3-12800C9 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit , Samsung 120GB SSD 840 SATA 6Gb/s Basic, Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM 1TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB, Cooling Silencer Mk II 750W '80 Plus Silver' PSU,
GTX580 3gb OC
Old 09-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalama View Post
In a word or three, DCSW:Ka-50 and DCSW:A-10C
This is another for me as well. I have to admit, if CLoD was not such a poor attempt, I would have never went looking for another flight sim, since I was never a huge fan of moderen combat airframes...but wow has DCS changed that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristorf View Post
Unfortunatally this says everything I want to.

Basically got fed up with broken promises, backward steps and a very, very poor quality product that we were lied to about from the very start to this moment.
Uninstalled at the moment, and in truth not holding out much hope as I won't spend more money to either uprade from a system that plays any other current game just fine or on a dubious promise that fixes might be in a paid sequal.
This is another perfectly logical reason as well.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
...but wow has DCS changed that.
Ditto, was never interested in modern groundpounding/CAS/whatever during my IL-2 days, but then BS v1.0 came out and that was that, no looking back Not saying DCS doesn't have its share of problems though, it sure does, but their FM fidelity and systems modelling is still unsurpassed IMO! Where 1C gets / goes with BoM remains to be seen however, haven't bought CloD so won't feel swindled if BoM's good and I purchase it as a new customer...
Old 09-15-2012, 12:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msalama View Post
Ditto, was never interested in modern groundpounding/CAS/whatever during my IL-2 days, but then BS v1.0 came out and that was that, no looking back Not saying DCS doesn't have its share of problems though, it sure does, but their FM fidelity and systems modelling is still unsurpassed IMO! Where 1C gets / goes with BoM remains to be seen however, haven't bought CloD so won't feel swindled if BoM's good and I purchase it as a new customer...
Lol, me too. I'm now into KA 50Black Shark. It's great. I was extremely loyal to IL2 but have been more disappointed by the deceit week after week. The abuse people copped, in the last year, on this forum for asking questions about CloD has been disgraceful. The few idiots that felt they needed to contribute to the deceit moved a few people towards other sims.
I will still wait for a better product and hope it is achieved so there is more than 5 people online, in the afternoons, for us Aussies. I still believe it can be achieved.
The Moderators on this forum need to start banning those few who thought, and still think, that abusing people that are upset with the deceit is the way to save CloD. Just because they reach 2000 posts doesn't make them experts on what was happening behind the scenes...... now extremely obvious.
Old 09-15-2012, 12:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
sorry, I was in the office when I answered your reply, not on my own pc so I could not really check. VRAM is 1.280 MBytes. ( I think)
1.28 gigabytes

Pluto, you have the same card as me. It runs the game fine, with everything on High. I have Epi off, SSao off and AA off, but have enabled FXAA and CSAA in Nvidia control panel for nice smooth edges. I can fly low over London fine with these settings, and can make nice smooth videos using Fraps.

See this thread here; http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.co...-driver-301-24

In fact, for flying offline, I can increase the game settings. I just like to leave a bit of 'Headroom' for online play.

FPS with the new Nvidia driver is 45-50 on the ground, and sticks at 60fps the rest of the time, which is only limited by v-sync and my screen refresh rate.