Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 05-15-2012, 08:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post

I don't believe the netspeed setting for client or server does anything tbh. I've tried anything from a netspeed = 1 - 10000000000000000 and it doesn't seem to make any difference.

When the game 1st came out we all suffered terrible FPS hits, could not disable skins on a server, etc. All those combined made the game a laggy mess online, considering FPS/netspeed go hand in hand. But as an analytical bastard, (I like problem solving), I took screenies of the bandwidth at the time. This is with over 100 people with one of the most original versions of the game almost a year ago. You'll notice it's streaming over 20mbps of upload - which I would find normal for the map size, the amount of players, etc.

Here's 100 people 1 year ago: (notice the graph looks normal not many spikes, jumps, etc. - this is how it should look) Notice it's streaming 21mbps of upload speed which I would consider normal for that many players.
Today I created a bugtracker issue about Server disconnects for Steam http://www.il2bugtracker.com/issues/303
Please everyone vote.

Bliss, could you create another one with all your net graphs please as I can hardly guess what it is all about. I am sure the devs do not usually read threads other than Patch thread and Bugs thread. B6 mentioned that they will visit the bugtracker more often when CTDs are gone (he was there this Sunday http://www.il2bugtracker.com/users/29 )

How much bandwidth per user your graphs shows? Ingame LAN setting is 100 000 bps or whatever per user AFAIK. Many use xDSL I think. Maybe overall server traffic is limited at user side. Just guessing.

Could spikes be skins upload?