Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   CoD Multiplayer (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192)
-   -   I sat down and did a dedicated Multi session on ATAG tonight! (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=32066)

droz 05-13-2012 04:31 AM

I sat down and did a dedicated Multi session on ATAG tonight!

I've played some multi before, on and off, but tonight was the first time I've really sat down and played some Multiplayer.

1st, ATAG's server is absolutely kick @#$. There were 40+ players on when I joined (more than any server at any given time in IL2 1946 has had in a loooong time).

The current beta patch has really improved my performance, and my machine is pretty high end. I can see targets (dots) from pretty far out, and they begin to render with increasing LOD's much further than IL2 ever did. I was easily able to identify targets from close a 1KM out, much easier with larger targets.

Fir the first time, I had a ton of fun in this game doing something other than troubleshooting and playing quick mission.

I'm really excited for the future. YAY

CaptainDoggles 05-13-2012 04:55 AM

Agree, these last two updates have made me quite optimistic.

theOden 05-13-2012 05:00 AM

So there's a workaround for the hotfix not showing serverlist?

CaptainDoggles 05-13-2012 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theOden (Post 424677)

Serverlist shows fine for me with the hotfix on, but you could always just do a direct connect.

hc_wolf 05-13-2012 05:51 AM

When I logged on this morning there were 50 players on atag serve1 and 8 players on server 2. Server 2 not patched. Atag rocks,

Flanker35M 05-13-2012 07:06 AM

S!

Enrages me not being able to fly as my Warthog is being fixed, waiting for a new one to arrive and that will take some time :( Sure could join ATAG as gunner for sure :D These 2 latest patches have taken CoD to the direction it was supposed to be from the beginning :)

SlipBall 05-13-2012 07:10 AM

Quote:

I believe that was a Steam problem and not the game.

kiwikillemoff 05-13-2012 08:18 AM

Make sure to join the atag ts3 server. Comms take it to another level.

banned 05-13-2012 08:32 AM

Had a ball too

Jumped onto ATAG and had a blast. The hotfix is spot on. I didn't need to turn off grass etc, only clouds. It was great to be able to fly around enemy planes without any freezes at all. The whole time flying was smooth as.
It's definately on the right track. I reckon they can make the Beta/Alpha patch the official patch now, through Steam.

Won't be long and I'll be seeking an Aussie Squad again and get right into it. :grin:

III/JG53_Don 05-13-2012 09:56 AM

Quote:

Just give it some time to refresh the server list. First launch with the new minifix I though "damned where are the servers" as well. But after one or two minutes of waiting (may one time switching between LAN and back to Internet) it did the trick and the list appeared like normal. I guess it just needs some time to recreate itself after a patch. was the same with the first install of the ALPha patch