Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Maddox View Post
I see now in many games is overdone one or other feature or all at once.
Many gamers are not able to compare with real life and begin to compline like this:
Why they have so cool and you - not... Even when we have everything and
even more than others... Same writing many journalists, that can't compare
pictures with real life and comparing then only with other games where it is overdone or... comparing only how one or other developer using the same type of technologies...
very true
Old 10-30-2009, 08:21 AM
Approved Member

Default Cockpit modelling

Looking at the external views of the Spit, it looks as though the modelling of the cockpit is the same as in internal view (rather than a simplified model as is the case in Il2). If that it the case, it may be possible for the POV to remain that same when a player enters or exits the plane. Currently, in IL2, when a pilot bails out the view defaults to an external view and the player is treated to the spectacle of watching as they bail out in an 'out-of-body' experience. It may be possible in SOW to maintain the POV as the player exits the plane, adding to the immersion.
I have been practicing bailing out of damaged aircraft in Il2 for 7 years now- i even landed once
Old 10-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakduk View Post
I have been practicing bailing out of damaged aircraft in Il2 for 7 years now- i even landed once
I finally got it right. LOL
Old 10-30-2009, 08:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakduk View Post
Looking at the external views of the Spit, it looks as though the modelling of the cockpit is the same as in internal view (rather than a simplified model as is the case in Il2). If that it the case, it may be possible for the POV to remain that same when a player enters or exits the plane. Currently, in IL2, when a pilot bails out the view defaults to an external view and the player is treated to the spectacle of watching as they bail out in an 'out-of-body' experience. It may be possible in SOW to maintain the POV as the player exits the plane, adding to the immersion.
No, they are detailed, but different.
So some switch of views simply must be there. However even it is different - the switch is possible to make smooth, say from the first person view (becasue when you are in cocpit - in outside of aircraft it is shown the same as in cockpit - done for the possibility to open canopy and look from sides). How it will be in final - I can't say now. The pilots models now are in progress and only when we will begin to program them we may see all possibilities how to make it well with minimal compromisses. Old Il-2 pilots for this puropse and program are not siutable in any way. So it will be known only more later.

PS. If to make the same cockpits from inside and outside view all the time - then we will overload the sim so much, and then we will need to forget about playable FPS.
We alreay put so much, that probably even not nesesary, looking for other game where all doing many sthings more simplified and all are glad...
Old 10-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
No, they are detailed, but different.
So some switch of views simply must be there. However even it is different - the switch is possible to make smooth, say from the first person view (becasue when you are in cocpit - in outside of aircraft it is shown the same as in cockpit - done for the possibility to open canopy and look from sides). How it will be in final - I can't say now. The pilots models now are in progress and only when we will begin to program them we may see all possibilities how to make it well with minimal compromisses. Old Il-2 pilots for this puropse and program are not siutable in any way. So it will be known only more later.

PS. If to make the same cockpits from inside and outside view all the time - then we will overload the sim so much, and then we will need to forget about playable FPS.
We alreay put so much, that probably even not nesesary, looking for other game where all doing many sthings more simplified and all are glad...
In LFS (Live For Speed) the cockpit shares the exact same detail in external and internal view, but obviously it cannot be compared to SOW because LFS is dx8 and it's not heavy at all, there really is no need for optimization in that sector.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Approved Member

Hi Oleg, I was wondering if there are many third parties, that have expressed interest in SOW to you

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 10-30-2009, 10:28 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
Hi Oleg, I was wondering if there are many third parties, that have expressed interest in SOW to you
Ok, intersting question.

At the moment not so many, if to speak about major third party MS FS add-ons publishers, but not developers... - they were all interested even when MS FS team was alive.
Also the guys that are modders now will have the ability to show what they may do when it isn't neccessary to hack

I do think there will be many in time... and of course the team that did 4.09 is in my first sight - they will get everything the first from us probably (then they will forget about Il-2 support I think).

Even the guy that I not so long time rejected from a team... I had a speech couple of days ago with him... and he is also would like to make. He is very talent guy, but not organized and can't work in a team. For him would be good to be working alone. And I think if will really go for this - you all will get increadible quality things... but slow born
Old 10-30-2009, 11:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Ok, intersting question.

At the moment not so many, if to speak about major third party MS FS add-ons publishers, but not developers... - they were all interested even when MS FS team was alive.
Also the guys that are modders now will have the ability to show what they may do when it isn't neccessary to hack

I do think there will be many in time... and of course the team that did 4.09 is in my first sight - they will get everything the first from us probably (then they will forget about Il-2 support I think).

Even the guy that I not so long time rejected from a team... I had a speech couple of days ago with him... and he is also would like to make. He is very talent guy, but not organized and can't work in a team. For him would be good to be working alone. And I think if will really go for this - you all will get increadible quality things... but slow born
That might be because information about this sim was very scattered over long time and in various places in the last years. No site so far really regroups all information of the last years, not even this site or SIMHQ. I think you will get much more interest as soon as more information and screenshots or trailers about SOW arrives, and when your company makes a real website dedicated to it. I frequent many flightsimming websites in various languages, and my impression is that many people do not really know in detail about the features in SOW and it's revolutionary aspects. --
BTW, many thanks for your camera advice, I am going to answer on the other forum later today
Old 10-30-2009, 11:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOM.Nausicaa View Post
That might be because information about this sim was very scattered over long time and in various places in the last years. No site so far really regroups all information of the last years, not even this site or SIMHQ. I think you will get much more interest as soon as more information and screenshots or trailers about SOW arrives, and when your company makes a real website dedicated to it. I frequent many flightsimming websites in various languages, and my impression is that many people do not really know in detail about the features in SOW and it's revolutionary aspects. --
BTW, many thanks for your camera advice, I am going to answer on the other forum later today
Now I'm online
Old 10-30-2009, 12:33 PM
Approved Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Please do it. I really would like to see more from him and he loves working for SoW as I told you before.