Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 04-13-2011, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

Got one hangar with Stuka! Few minutes after that came connection timeout...
Old 04-13-2011, 03:37 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, I think it's really buggy right now (along with everything else about the game )

But I just checked the bandwidth usage and it's pushing around 8mbps of upload speed, so there must be a decent amount of people in there.

Are you able to reconnect?

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 04-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Not sure what's happening, but how do I actually start flying? I select army, move around the map to finally find an airfield that says Fighter spawn, select Bf 109 E-3, stuck with Fighter Stab, select my unit, go to plane, and configure my plane the way I want it, back to airfield/squad menu and select create, but nothing happens. Only tabs at the bottom are Exit, Start recording, Options, and Plane. Sorry, first time online in CoD and I'm completely lost!
Hi cheesehawk,

It sounds like you are doing everything correct minus one step. After you've selected your army, selected your airfield and setup your plane configuration, on the same menu for your plane then you have to scroll all the way down and there's a button that should be clickable called "create" If it's not clickable you've chosen a plane or field you can't spawn from. After hitting create you should immediately spawn.

Hope this helps.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 04-13-2011, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Bliss View Post
But I just checked the bandwidth usage and it's pushing around 8mbps of upload speed, so there must be a decent amount of people in there.
I noticed the default rate seems to be a typo, one extra zero. That could be responsible for the huge upstream usage.

I would expect it to be 10000 rather than 100000 if we're using similar metrics to IL2.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulWF View Post
I noticed the default rate seems to be a typo, one extra zero. That could be responsible for the huge upstream usage.

I would expect it to be 10000 rather than 100000 if we're using similar metrics to IL2.
We also have a ROF server. And I've seen bandwidth usage push well over 100mbps of upstream bandwidth with that game. (it likes it's bandwidth!)

I do have the config set according to the server - 1000000 (1gbps). Who knows how much bandwidth this may need with 128 players and AI. Better safe than sorry IMO.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 04-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

That setting used to refer to each client, not total bandwidth - did it not?
Old 04-13-2011, 04:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
That setting used to refer to each client, not total bandwidth - did it not?
Hmm, I thought the server ini (confs) refered to the dedicated server bandwidth limit, while the player config didn't matter or only mattered to in the clients config. Perhaps I'm wrong? It's been a while since we've had a dedi server for IL246.

Either way, I think as long as there's plenty of bandwidth available (even too much) it won't hurt anything. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 04-13-2011, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

so long as your bwidth is free

Last edited by PaulWF; 04-13-2011 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
so long as you bwidth is free
Well it's not exactly free. But our monthly plan gives us 500 Terabytes of bandwidth a month. Gonna be hard to use all that

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 04-13-2011, 05:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Thanks for a great server! Had a lot of fun there today. There were as many as 20 people sometimes I think.

Can we have some ships put into mission in the middle of the channel and give fighters objectives to protect them. This way we can meet each other easier. The map is huge for 10 - 20 ppl atm.

Another thought is that Spit IIa is better than 109 in both power and turn rate historically iirc and ingame. Therefore 109 can not neither outclimb, nor outrun, nor outturn this opponent. Maybe we should limit availability to Spit Ia only. It has turn advantage but 109 would have speed advantage. Let's do some tests.
Yes.
as stated in leadfarmers server thread.the mk II is far too good for the 109 at the moment
leadfarmer limited his server to the mk I
much closer contest,but,even so,the 109 pilot still has to work hard to stay in the game.
mk I only would be a good compromise til performance is sorted out on the emil

really enjoying the server and appreciate it being open to the community
Salute