Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 05-08-2012, 03:12 AM
Approved Member

Farber, this worked fabulously for me, now have a steady 55 FPS with clouds off (like they should be as they are causing issues). Also have buildings and forrest to as low as they go, with everything else maxed out.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:06 AM
Approved Member

The old M AG I C trick post again...

Make sure you click your heals together 3 times before launching also
16MB 30-pin simm
4x cd-rom
Sound Blaster 16
3.5' Floppy Drive
MS-DOS 6.22 w/ windows 3.11
Old 05-08-2012, 04:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorak View Post
The old M AG I C trick post again...

Make sure you click your heals together 3 times before launching also
You jest, but it worked.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:26 AM
Approved Member

sorak,

Believe it or not, some people don't have problems with this patch (what was in the patch notes as being improved/fixed) I happen to be one of them.

ATAG Forums + Stats
Old 05-08-2012, 05:05 AM
Approved Member

For me most of these options (antivirus, and the foolish steam features) are all off anyways...

so far ive been able to play up to 1 or 2 hours in the single player mode...otherwise i still get crashes sometimes 10 - 30 most of the time, however getting a nice collection of crash dump files, that i plan on sending in tomorrow i get two types of crashes, one where simply pressing escape gets me out of the program and another when a popup stating the program is not longer responding and that is the only way i can close it, pressing escape dosent work...

perhaps soon with our collective effort at this we can finally resolve these issues....with the new graphics program
Old 05-08-2012, 05:34 AM
Approved Member

Well I did some minor testing today with my conf.ini to no avail. I had a crash today with absolutely no aircraft in sight, so that kinda debunks my LOD theory. I was online and AFK for about an hour just staring at the sky/ocean horizon while I ate dinner, came back to play and crashed after about ten minutes.

I could try more testing, maybe without my EVGA precision overlay this time, I dunno, I'm pretty much outta ideas for the cause, save for a massive and quick memory leak that sends your OS scrambling to terminate CoD...but that is hard to find/prove unless you have coding access/monitoring.

Bliss can you post your PC specs? Try and be as detailed as possible: vid card/driver version, VRAM amount, RAM manuf./size, CPU, hyper threading on/off, SSD/using/not using a pagefile, motherboard, OS/32 or 64 bit...and have you ever had crashes in this patch yet?

Last edited by AbortedMan; 05-08-2012 at 05:39 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:43 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Bliss View Post
sorak,

Believe it or not, some people don't have problems with this patch (what was in the patch notes as being improved/fixed) I happen to be one of them.
Everything's is good here, no crashes but I can't be sure of a increase in fps because I can now use crossfire which i am not sure was down to the beta or new gpu drivers... All I know is that I am going to be flying again whoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:51 AM
Approved Member

I've done only these steps and it seems to work.

1) Synchronized CloD via Steam (then disabled synchronization).
2) Reapplied the patch.
3) Removed the entire "C:\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" folder.

I believe the game was not corrupt. So maybe the only thing needed was to remove personal settings. OK I've spent 1 hour with redoing key and stick mappings. But so far no CTDs.
Hoping I'm not too optimistic regarding these results.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:09 AM
Approved Member

Unhappy

this is a misleading post,, please, change it to something else.. if there is a real fix post it, or a new patch, an offical patch, but leaving post that say 'hey come here and do this and all will be fixed' is just plain wrong... people have been yanked around enough,, caused a lot of greif....

IMHO
EVGA Nvidia GTX 680 Video Graphics ard
WD Black WD1002FAAEX 1TB
Cooler Master HAF 922
Corsair Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W
46" Samsung LCD HDTV
Win8 x64
Old 05-08-2012, 07:10 AM
Approved Member

CTD 15 mins after i posted the message that this method worked. I'm sorry.