Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-04-2008, 11:58 PM
Approved Member

BSS_Sniper (to jasonbirder)::
Quote:
That's good to know. Now we will have one less to worry about cheating.
Pray I do not purchase 1946 ~> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=3970

Old 01-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbirder View Post
I'm quite happy with downloaded software...but I would Never consider buying anything that ever recquired my computer to be in touch with the publishers system so i could use software i'd already purchased...no matter how briefly or infrequently.
I wouldn't even think about it!
Well, in the coming years I dont think you are going to be buying very much software. (By the way, how are you getting on with Windows 3.1?)

I don't mean to be rude; all I'm saying is that communication between purchased software applications, and of course operating systems, is becoming the norm.

In XP, go to START / Control Panel / Add or Remove Programs and check the Show Updates box. You will see a lot of updates over and above what you installed off disk (if your computer is like mine).

Naturally, the interaction between your computer and the developer server must be subject to your permission, but we must accept that if permission is withheld, then the software will not be updated. In the case of a game such as IL2FB, which has an online multiplayer element, refusal to allow your computer to interact with the developer server would deny you not only the latest version of the game, but the ability to play that online.

That is reasonable, as you could still play the original version offline.