Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 07-22-2011, 03:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
current.mis attached. Sorry the guy could not locate the log.txt
Thanks Ataros, that was enough for me to determine the problem. I have updated the Airwarfare download.

The problem actually stems from the fact that in Russia, you use commas instead of decimals, so instead of wind blowing at something like 1.200 meters per second, it was blowing at over a thousand meters per second.
Old 07-22-2011, 09:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnlightenedFlorist View Post
Thanks Ataros, that was enough for me to determine the problem. I have updated the Airwarfare download.

The problem actually stems from the fact that in Russia, you use commas instead of decimals, so instead of wind blowing at something like 1.200 meters per second, it was blowing at over a thousand meters per second.
Thank you very much for update and clarification! Looks like it was a bit windy day for guys
Old 07-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Registered Member

Will you ever release the source code for it?
Old 07-23-2011, 08:05 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creelers View Post
Will you ever release the source code for it?
I might when I'm finished with it. When I'm finished with it depends on how much interest there is. If there is little interest, I will release it as is.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:09 AM
Approved Member

I tought you may want to have some feedback from a user, I am by no means familiar with programming anything.

So here's my feedback: AWESOME

I downloaded the mod last night, followed the instructions, easy as 1-2-3.
I did have to disable steam cloud, since after installing the mod my settings were reverted to default by steam syncronisation. I also, just in case disabled automatic updates.
Could I have a word of advice about leaving automatic updates enabled when running mods, please?

You guys have definately a highly appreciative and intersted user here.

Since the SP campaings from 1C are only scripted campaigns this random mission generator is a beautiful and most welcome start on the road to maybe a fully dynamic campaign generator.

What I would like to see next is, besides a dcg, the same thing only for the british side and maybe be able to choose your aircraft, at least between the spitfire and hurricane.

Keep up the exellent work
Old 07-29-2011, 01:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedLynch View Post
I did have to disable steam cloud, since after installing the mod my settings were reverted to default by steam syncronisation. I also, just in case disabled automatic updates.
Could I have a word of advice about leaving automatic updates enabled when running mods, please?
Hi Ned, glad you're enjoying it. Can you be more specific about the issues you were having? Were your IL-2 settings being reverted or the campaign settings? As far as I know, Steam can't touch any of the campaign files because it simply doesn't know about them. I also don't see any reason why it would decide to revert your IL-2 settings either. I've done my fair share of messing around, and I've had Steam cloud on the whole time. Never had a problem. My only guess would be that maybe you modified one of the game's conf.ini files instead of the one for the campaign. In retrospect, perhaps I should have given my conf file a unique name.

Also, technically, it's not a mod, but a proper add-on. Just to be clear, you are perfectly safe flying online with this campaign installed.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:41 AM
Approved Member

The campaigns are unaffected, just the realism settings and control input were reverted to default.
I ran the not-mod but proper add-on , did the first mission and just to see what happens with steam cloud, exited the game, restarted, restrated the first mission and my realism settings were reverted to default as was the control input, which of course is not a big deal, just reloaded my control settings.
Going to try and run the game now, didn't have a chance yet tonight, and let's see what happens with steam cloud disabled.
Old 07-29-2011, 01:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedLynch View Post
The campaigns are unaffected, just the realism settings and control input were reverted to default.
I ran the not-mod but proper add-on , did the first mission and just to see what happens with steam cloud, exited the game, restarted, restrated the first mission and my realism settings were reverted to default as was the control input, which of course is not a big deal, just reloaded my control settings.
Going to try and run the game now, didn't have a chance yet tonight, and let's see what happens with steam cloud disabled.
Did you have Steam cloud off when you ran it the first time? It could be that when you turned it on, it copied over your settings with the settings it has, which would be the default, if it wasn't on before. My suggestion is to turn automatic updates and Steam cloud on, start IL-2, configure your settings, and then exit IL-2. That should save your settings and controls to the Steam cloud, so it won't overwrite them.
Old 07-29-2011, 03:53 AM
Approved Member

I did have steam cloud on when I ran the original game the first time and I had steam cloud on when I ran the add-on the first time. I ran the add-on, exited the game, re-entered the game and the settings were reversed to default, realism and controls.
Now with steam cloud off no reversal of settings.

Running win7 64 bit btw.

I am going to re-enable steam cloud, do my settings, apply/save my settings and then see what happens.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:00 AM
Approved Member

That is strange. Unfortunately, I don't know what you could do about it. Hopefully, it was just a one time thing.