Official Fulqrum Publishing forum

Official Fulqrum Publishing forum (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/index.php)
-   FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   (Semi) Dynamic Campaign: JG 51 (http://forum.fulqrumpublishing.com/showthread.php?t=24546)

TheEnlightenedFlorist 07-16-2011 12:52 AM

(Semi) Dynamic Campaign: JG 51

See the thread on Airwarfare.com.

Just out of curiosity, can anybody guess how many lines of code this took?

Download Link.

adonys 07-16-2011 06:23 AM

The code is small, so they can't have too many lines :P

Can we have a look at the whole solution, please? It would be a great help for the other willing modders (including me).

41Sqn_Banks 07-16-2011 06:50 AM

The code for the dynamic mission is compiled within the JG51_Mission.dll. It has about 625 lines of code (without comments).

TheEnlightenedFlorist 07-16-2011 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Banks (Post 309347)
The code for the dynamic mission is compiled within the JG51_Mission.dll. It has about 625 lines of code (without comments).

Jokes on you. There are no comments. :grin:

Raggz 07-16-2011 10:48 AM

Just tried the 2 first missions. Getting "you died" no matter what the outcome. Shot down 2 hurries and landed in the second mission. Kills not counted for and status dead.

Does one have to re-play the mission if the status was dead when exiting mission?.... mission 3 was the same as mission 2 for me. Could be that the dead status does this?

Also, please move the campaign from main menu to the campaign section?... it's cluttering up the main menu imho. Other than that this has good potential. Great work :)

adonys 07-16-2011 10:53 AM

same happened to me too, get the "You've died message" no matter the mission's outcome, and the 3rd mission is exactly the same a mission 2 (the patrol one against 2 hurris).

Raggz 07-16-2011 03:10 PM

I tried increasing the minimum and maximum number of planes but it seems to affect only friendly planes. Is this correct?

TheEnlightenedFlorist 07-16-2011 10:42 PM

Can you guys post the error messages you're getting in your logs? I can't seem to duplicate the problem.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raggz (Post 309500)
I tried increasing the minimum and maximum number of planes but it seems to affect only friendly planes. Is this correct?

No. It includes all aircraft except the player's flight. If you're still getting mission failed after every mission, any changes to the conf file won't have any effect. They only apply to newly created missions. Missions are only created if the previous one was a success.

Raggz 07-16-2011 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheEnlightenedFlorist (Post 309659)
Can you guys post the error messages you're getting in your logs? I can't seem to duplicate the problem.

No. It includes all aircraft except the player's flight. If you're still getting mission failed after every mission, any changes to the conf file won't have any effect. They only apply to newly created missions. Missions are only created if the previous one was a success.

Ok, thanks. But i get the message "you died" even when the mission is successful!

TheEnlightenedFlorist 07-16-2011 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raggz (Post 309666)
Ok, thanks. But i get the message "you died" even when the mission is successful!

If it tells you you died, then the mission wasn't successful. Even if it should have been. This tells me that the code is crashing before a certain point. The only way for me to know where it is crashing is if I can see the logs.