Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 02-12-2010, 04:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollems View Post
my Inquisitors are getting targeted the most. even though they are ranged and i keep them far. i am forced to do stone skin at the very start on them. also when my paladin is standing right next to enemy they will walk by it and go attack the Inquisitors.
Mostly it is the bosses(magic)/ griffens ... mmm actually all the ranged and high initiative units.
my army is Cyclopes/paladins/black dragon/archmage/Inquisitors.

so how do i avoid that. i do use traps/wall.. but some times it just becomes impossible.

Tips ??
For that lineup have you considered... putting your inquisitors in your reserve?

One of the things you learn when you try doing a No Loss run through is that if a unit is constantly dying maybe you should just not use it anymore. If the inquisitors are using their rezz ability, mainly on themselves... maybe it is time to switch them out for Green Dragons or something.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

Good advice. Or at least, swap them for Demonologists. They can ress as well and have twice as much health. Inquisitors have only 70, which is kinda low for a no-loss run.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:51 PM
Approved Member

^^Yes i have.
i have 1 green dragon too to use. the problem is then my archmage gets targetted by all.
i guess i should have asked the question. like what strategy to use when all enemy is always focussing on your weakest unit. (and there will always be one weakest guy)

hmm.. Demonologists... well i have not found them yet
Old 02-12-2010, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

Well, a few thoughts. If all your units have 600+ HP, then you don't have a 'weakest' unit for them to pile on (per se).

Target spell is about the best answer, but any flying tank (that can fly in the face of enemy archers) can also help.

If you have Summon phoenix, that can lock down magic damage dealing stacks(or fire ones) quite effectively (like priests, beholders, etc).

Put your weak archer against a wall, and wall of stone away all the spaces next to it. This is another good way to keep a stack alive.

Summon a phantom of a stack to harass an opponent. phantoms are considered 'weak' by the AI a lot of the time, and will often draw a lot of fire.

Hope that helps a bit.
Old 02-12-2010, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

hmmm yeah it helps. will try using the tips you provided.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

my current army is
2 black , 4 green dragons , 6 Trolls , pack of paladins and archmages.
the problem is my paladin do not see lot of fight though they are most buffed due to some items i have. but still want to use them.
thinking of droping trolls and use horesman as damage dealers. or shall i use knights.
if not horseman or knight what other damage dealer you would suggest.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Which companion to use with Paladin character. my army is mainly humans with some Lvl5 neutral characters like B/G dragon and troll. i swap dragons out for inquisitor and knights depending on enemy units. my human units are positive or good morale right now. lvl28 right now.
i currently have Moro-dark. for attack bonus. or you suggest something else?
Old 04-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Approved Member

^^ anyone on companion ?
Old 04-06-2010, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

Well, what are you looking for? The companions are very different from one another and cater to different builds. Have you checked out the KBAP Info thread? There's rather detailed info on each there.
Old 04-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Approved Member

yes i have seen the KBap info.
i have have access to all companion except Gaudi.
my character is paladin hero, my current army is all human with drgaon support. little griffin/troll use also. so i am kinda confused which one to go with, as none of them help me. so as of now went for moro dark for +3 attack.
so am i ok doing this ? shall i later switch to gaudi ? will all human army fail later game making me move to black night stuff, where moro dark will help better ?