Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Adventure mode

Adventure mode All you want to know about adventures of Princess Ameli (may contain SPOILERS)

Old 03-02-2010, 09:05 PM
Approved Member

Yup, if you use a small number of troops (as is always the case with solo unit strategies) then some heroes content themselves to just casting summoning spells; that is, if they have any. I went against him with a near-complete lineup though (black knights-repair droid-bone dragons-repair droids-guard droids), so he kept hammering away with Lightning; not that it made much difference, undead and droids can easily recover from losses.

I don't think summons count towards getting more hero XP though. I've done multiple suppression battles on the Magician's Cape and Dragon Slayer Sword and I always get the same amount of XP, even if a friendly gremlin tower does a lot of summons or not.

Using less troop doesn't generate more hero XP either, but they do generate more pet dragon XP per rage ability use.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

Well, it is confirmed that summons do not improve the XP in the end. Shame, that could be exploited for fun
Old 03-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Approved Member

I'm in Reha atm, just downed elenhel. I have a boatload of AK scrolls from elenhel and digging them up, +6 extra ones in game. I used them for all battles in Nameless and Reha so far, and probably use them in sheterra, and all bosses I haven't already killed. I think all up I'll have about 13-14 of them.

I think that it's likely using a warrior + repair droids will prove a superior tactic though. Might need to hurry up and beat the game with a slightly higher score than unicorns, then have you beat me by a couple more so at least I can say I was no. 1 for a day or 2 lol. Killing guy in Monterro was a good idea.

I'm using 3 inquis stacks for rage generation, occasional I swap in demonologists and necromancers. other than that I use Black knights and red dragons, the inquis can res 3 red dragons, but the dragons usually never die. The inquisitor stacks get killed, and give me rage and mana, and I res before the end of the battle.

I use mystic egg non-stop with awaken dragon, especially against undead for some funny battles. The critters from mystic egg go to there doom to give me more rage, and if there not dying enough, I use dragons fire ability to kill my own troops to turn them back into rage & mana. Nothing quite like lining all your troops up in a nice straight line, and cooking them all.

Man it would suck to be in my army! The inquis die and get resurrected over and over again. Still, I*cough* *cough* still have 0 losses *cough*.
Old 03-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSwan View Post
Man it would suck to be in my army! The inquis die and get resurrected over and over again. Still, I*cough* *cough* still have 0 losses *cough*.
Old 03-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'm in Reha atm, just downed elenhel. I have a boatload of AK scrolls from elenhel and digging them up, +6 extra ones in game. I used them for all battles in Nameless and Reha so far, and probably use them in sheterra, and all bosses I haven't already killed. I think all up I'll have about 13-14 of them.

I think that it's likely using a warrior + repair droids will prove a superior tactic though. Might need to hurry up and beat the game with a slightly higher score than unicorns, then have you beat me by a couple more so at least I can say I was no. 1 for a day or 2 lol. Killing guy in Monterro was a good idea.

I'm using 3 inquis stacks for rage generation, occasional I swap in demonologists and necromancers. other than that I use Black knights and red dragons, the inquis can res 3 red dragons, but the dragons usually never die. The inquisitor stacks get killed, and give me rage and mana, and I res before the end of the battle.

I use mystic egg non-stop with awaken dragon, especially against undead for some funny battles. The critters from mystic egg go to there doom to give me more rage, and if there not dying enough, I use dragons fire ability to kill my own troops to turn them back into rage & mana. Nothing quite like lining all your troops up in a nice straight line, and cooking them all.

LOL... well, at least your army is composed of the living; my army is more like a cross between The Matrix and Lord of the Rings wherein the machines won out, and have found a way to "animate" their fallen enemies.

I think the key with the Elenhel manipulation tactic is to have a good grasp of how many total enemies you have left. That way you know how many AK scrolls you could milk from him (her?). One also needs good scouting reports on how much XP each hero is worth, and where to find them. Unfortunately, this is my first run of the game, so I have to make do with scouting out an island every time a navi map opens it up; having the flying horse helps a lot in this aspect though.

You just downed Elenhel? I guess I have my mindset wrong though, I thought Elenhel rebels when Amelie reaches level 40. Is it worth preparing a chain of hero enemies so that one uses an AK on the Elenhel battle as well?

Take your time, I'm not finishing the game anytime soon. And besides, we'll probably finish with the same score (level 60/7 days/all quests). It's pretty tight in my game though, I'm not exactly sure if I'm making good time... I've finished this path:

Debir-Scarlet-Bolo-Verona-Rusty-Scarlet-Debir-Verona-Montero-Verona-Dersu

I'm at Uzala atm, Day 4 at 1:50am already. And as per the unicornxp path, I still have:

Uzala-Elon-Nameless-Reha-Umkas-Montero-Terkon-Rusty-Scarlet-Debir-Shettera-Dersu-Elon-Nameless-Uzala-Verona

Granted, I've wiped clean all previous islands and all I need is to talk to NPCs for quests, but I still need to clear 7 complete islands... we'll see what happens.

As for battle tactics, steamrolling everything in my path. Level 39 and 21,000 leadership, lineup is black knights-repair droids-bone dragons-repair droids-guard droids. Last unit type that joined my army was the bone dragons, and I thought it would be more difficult since I now have 2 undead units that I needed to use mana to resurrect. Boy was I wrong... Phantom level 3 on bone dragons, mana accelerator, Phantom level 3 on bone dragons, mana accelerator... wow. Technically I already have 3 scapgoat units in my droids (since you don't need rage/mana to resurrect them), and now I could have up to 3 more tough phantom units in play. Warrior doesn't even have problems with rage generation, and I have 6 units (3 droids and 3 phantoms) that I throw at the enemy with abandon to generate rage. Nice.

Right now, the black knights usually just sit on their @$$ while the rest of their team do their thing. This is because even the guard droids move faster than he does, and the guard droids could pull enemies from afar (sometimes I use the black knights to help pound on this victim, but often find it unnecessary). Also, what I like about this team is that all the enemies and heroes seem to hate the repair droids with a passion; it's like I have Target level 10 on them. That's a huge plus for my 2 undead units; the only time I use Eviln to resurrect my undead is when I choose to use my black knights to do some real fighting.

And the thing I love the most about warrior? No more real need to end battles with max rage and max mana. I could end a battle with zero rage and zero mana, and immediately on the next battle my rage jumps up to 40% of my max rage (jumps to 44 rage right now at 110 max rage). Then just use mana accelerator to start the chain of phantom bone dragons.

EDIT/NOTE: Got a navi map for Reha on Uzala, so I took a quick peek. Overall, I was greatly disappointed... too few enemies for such a large island. I'm just level 39 and 21,000 leadership, and the non-hero enemies at Reha were all showing as just "Lethal" (and I'm technically just using 4 full stacks since 2 slots are occupied by repair droids). This means they won't give too much experience, plus the fact that on the whole island there is I believe only 5-6 of them. I took a quick peek of Tekron, and the hero enemies there show as "Lethal" as well. As such, if you have only a few AK scrolls, better just use them on Tekron heroes instead of non-hero enemies on Reha.

Uzala on the other hand has low-level heroes (level 28-34), but they command large armies, still showing as "Invincible" against my army. Worthy of an AK scroll I believe, especially since there are 4 of them (then use the last AK charge on the diploma battle at Elon, the next island one logically visits).

Last edited by loreangelicus; 03-03-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 05:43 AM
Approved Member

I'm at the end of day 5 in Reha, pretty sure I've done this too slow. I'm hoping that my slightly higher level might get me through. I should have used ak scrolls on the heroes in uzala, in fact it looks like most heroes verona on give you more xp than ordinary troops in Reha.

It's funny how you are using phantom as your main weapon, and I'm using mystic egg. Feels like role reversal.

Make sure you have plenty of repair droids in reserve too. I found out too late that you can't use sacrifice to make more.
Old 03-04-2010, 08:35 AM
Approved Member

Well, if you're following unicornxp's path, then that means you are done with Elon-Nameless as well. Next to Reha is Umkas and Tekron, small islands. Only Shettera is a bit big. You can still make it by day 7!

You are correct, good XP overall in Uzala for an AK scroll:

Koruskan - 10,667 (not bad for a level 28 hero)
Elenhel - 15,315 (he/she rebelled after my fight with Koruskan when I got level 40)
Urh-Urh - 10,043
Rakush - 13,237
Weed - 11,425

I misjudged a bit, there's actually a 5th hero in Uzala; Captain Krueger, level 35. He moves around quite a bit though, being in a ship and everything. Maybe I'll just take him on the second visit to Uzala; just before Baal?

Yup! Bought 1,200 repair droids and 800 guard droids on my initial visit to Montero. If by some miracle of leadership I need more (probably once I get all 3 leadership-reducing items for droids) there's always the second visit to Montero.

EDIT (3-7-2010):

Hi McSwan, I removed some of the stuff I wrote before concerning how my game is going. The reason? This is your post, and it is not my intention to troll it (and with my updates, it was beginning to look like a post regarding MY attempt at the highest score); my apologies for this.

Anyways, do keep us updated on your game, and don't forget to post your results in the high score thread!

Last edited by loreangelicus; 03-07-2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by loreangelicus View Post
Well, if you're following unicornxp's path, then that means you are done with Elon-Nameless as well. Next to Reha is Umkas and Tekron, small islands. Only Shettera is a bit big. You can still make it by day 7!

You are correct, good XP overall in Uzala for an AK scroll:

Koruskan - 10,667 (not bad for a level 28 hero)
Elenhel - 15,315 (he/she rebelled after my fight with Koruskan when I got level 40)
Urh-Urh - 10,043
Rakush - 13,237
Weed - 11,425

I misjudged a bit, there's actually a 5th hero in Uzala; Captain Krueger, level 35. He moves around quite a bit though, being in a ship and everything. Maybe I'll just take him on the second visit to Uzala; just before Baal?

Yup! Bought 1,200 repair droids and 800 guard droids on my initial visit to Montero. If by some miracle of leadership I need more (probably once I get all 3 leadership-reducing items for droids) there's always the second visit to Montero.

EDIT (3-7-2010):

Hi McSwan, I removed some of the stuff I wrote before concerning how my game is going. The reason? This is your post, and it is not my intention to troll it (and with my updates, it was beginning to look like a post regarding MY attempt at the highest score); my apologies for this.

Anyways, do keep us updated on your game, and don't forget to post your results in the high score thread!
Hi,
Been busy, dam work takes away from important game playing.

Don't forget necro call scroll for a quest in umkas too.

Made it back to Monterro, after taking down K'TAHU down with 132 black knights. Man it is sooooo much easier now, on my final spin around the islands.
Day 6 currently, pretty sure I won't finish it by day 7.

Feel free to post anything on here too, lol. I imagine that, yes indeed, it would be an unbelieveably interesting thread with just me posting, but occasionally other peoples input is nice to make it appear as though the discussion is balanced.

I'm currently just spamming phantom mainly with emerald green dragons, the phantom giving me back the mana it cost to make them.

Also, I'm pointlessly casting fireballs on the ground where is no enemies to get that mage medal - 600 casts of fire arrow/fire ball. Do medals counts towards the score ?
Old 03-11-2010, 06:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Also, I'm pointlessly casting fireballs on the ground where is no enemies to get that mage medal - 600 casts of fire arrow/fire ball. Do medals counts towards the score ?
It's better to cast oil mist as it costs less mana.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hi,
Been busy, dam work takes away from important game playing.

Don't forget necro call scroll for a quest in umkas too.

Made it back to Monterro, after taking down K'TAHU down with 132 black knights. Man it is sooooo much easier now, on my final spin around the islands.
Day 6 currently, pretty sure I won't finish it by day 7.

Feel free to post anything on here too, lol. I imagine that, yes indeed, it would be an unbelieveably interesting thread with just me posting, but occasionally other peoples input is nice to make it appear as though the discussion is balanced.

I'm currently just spamming phantom mainly with emerald green dragons, the phantom giving me back the mana it cost to make them.

Yup, same here, I have a scheduled project to start next week, so I don't know how much time I could spend playing.

I also made a stupid mistake:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...t=11137&page=4

It's not the first mistake I've made. I remember in KBTL I'm already in the dwarven mines, about to go to Ellinia, when someone mentioned to me that losses in the training battles counted as actual losses in the record. Being a no-loss attempt, I had to re-do that from the start.

As for your question, stuff like no-loss, the level of the medals, the level of the pet dragon, these don't affect the score, but are nice goals to target anyways.