Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-05-2009, 10:18 PM
Approved Member

Please fix the Thrustmaster HOTAS X issues:

- hatswitch being 4 way instead of 8
- hatswitch sometimes snaps to cockpit view when in third person
- wheelbrake function on the stick. landing is impossible with a T master
- fix the deadzone issue for small adjustments when targeting enemies

Other than that, GREAT game!
Old 09-06-2009, 02:37 AM
Registered Member

Default Take off's and landings

Take off's and landings . i think that brings alot of realism or immersion into flight instead of just respawning. also blowing up certain targets and then bringing in the c-47 with troops to take airfields. Flaps!
Old 09-06-2009, 05:47 AM
Approved Member

Flaps are in simulator mode.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:10 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud30 View Post
Are you real mate? Have you ever played a flight sim before with such quality landscape? This game put's Microsoft flightsim x on full quality settings to shame. Are you upset because you cant see your street in 40's livery? It's not IL-2 Google earth 1940's m8
sorry to reply and I might seem like a troll... but what are your pc specs? flight sim x for me on max settings doesn't run at all... but at the settings I use
have a heck of a lot more detail then this game... and to be honest your not comparing apples to apples....

FS-X is a commercial flight sim... this is a combat flight sim... the smoke effects and tracers and a lot of other things are way better on this then FS-X... oh wait I know why... FS-X is not a combat sim, so they don't model damage and last I played you can't shoot other planes down... let alone crash and burn...
Old 09-06-2009, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRock O no Lie View Post
sorry to reply and I might seem like a troll... but what are your pc specs? flight sim x for me on max settings doesn't run at all... but at the settings I use
have a heck of a lot more detail then this game... and to be honest your not comparing apples to apples....

FS-X is a commercial flight sim... this is a combat flight sim... the smoke effects and tracers and a lot of other things are way better on this then FS-X... oh wait I know why... FS-X is not a combat sim, so they don't model damage and last I played you can't shoot other planes down... let alone crash and burn...
I have a quad core system with a Gainward GTX295 1792MB gfx card mate - and FSX runs as fast and as smooth as possible on max settings.
I realise FSX is a commercial flightsim and IL2 is a combat sim but I was only comparing the ground detail. In My opinin the ground detail in FSX is repetative. Thats why you have a slider in the game options to generate more or les dense landscape - Its the same buildings etc.
In my opinion I think the ground effects are far better in il2 even when your on the deck - as for your comments about smoke and shooting down planes well I wont bother dignifying that with a response.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:21 AM
Approved Member

I have 2 suggestions.

1) Devs, come on the forum and help some people out!

2) make MP flight joinable and the ability to change your plane after respawn.
Old 09-06-2009, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I have a quad core system with a Gainward GTX295 1792MB gfx card mate - and FSX runs as fast and as smooth as possible on max settings.
I realise FSX is a commercial flightsim and IL2 is a combat sim but I was only comparing the ground detail. In My opinin the ground detail in FSX is repetative. Thats why you have a slider in the game options to generate more or les dense landscape - Its the same buildings etc.
In my opinion I think the ground effects are far better in il2 even when your on the deck - as for your comments about smoke and shooting down planes well I wont bother dignifying that with a response.
yeah, I agree there... This game does make better use of ground textures.. but I still stand by my statement.. FSX does a lot better on ground units... sorry but the tanks/trucks look like they should be on my atari! ( not really that bad ) but still FSX on my lowly dual core cpu, gforce 6800 vid card the cars and other moving things around the airport are much more detailed.

if FSX had to model smoke and tracers and a lot of the damage modeling IL2 does, I am positive it would not run as smooth... hence why I said your not comparing apples to apples.... they are 2 different game engines... while they may both use real world physics... the actual modeling is different... I know I can crash into trees on FSX... yet on BOP i fly right through trees and buildings!... FSX I crash if I hit a tree or a building... ( not really crash.... cause they don't model crashes... you just get froze in at the angle of attack you hit said object at and it says you crashed.. ) heck even if you overstress your plane in FSX it just quits.... no wings falling off etc...
Old 09-06-2009, 10:40 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaRock O no Lie View Post
yeah, I agree there... This game does make better use of ground textures.. but I still stand by my statement.. FSX does a lot better on ground units... sorry but the tanks/trucks look like they should be on my atari! ( not really that bad ) but still FSX on my lowly dual core cpu, gforce 6800 vid card the cars and other moving things around the airport are much more detailed.

if FSX had to model smoke and tracers and a lot of the damage modeling IL2 does, I am positive it would not run as smooth... hence why I said your not comparing apples to apples.... they are 2 different game engines... while they may both use real world physics... the actual modeling is different... I know I can crash into trees on FSX... yet on BOP i fly right through trees and buildings!... FSX I crash if I hit a tree or a building... ( not really crash.... cause they don't model crashes... you just get froze in at the angle of attack you hit said object at and it says you crashed.. ) heck even if you overstress your plane in FSX it just quits.... no wings falling off etc...
ye but in bop you have guns and you can shoot Nazis down!
Old 09-06-2009, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
ye but in bop you have guns and you can shoot Nazis down!
I know!!! that is the best part!!!! and the other best part is that it is on a console! so everyone has the same base hardware... maybe not all the same controll methods... but no-one has an edge based solely on their PC being a super computer and able to have 2x+ the draw distance of your own piddly PC...

I do have one small complaint about the game... why can't I play as the axis on campaign? While I hate the germans and all, they are men just like us.. and they were following orders from their superiors just like any good pilot would. It doesn't make them bad people... ( I watched a lot of historical documentaries about ww2 and a lot of german pilots would intentionally not aim at the cockpit of enemy bombers due to mutual respect for fellow pilots... ) many of the guys interviewed that I saw actually teared up recalling how they shot down an enemy plane without seeing a chute deploy... several more would even fly over the downed pilot and rock their wings in a show of respect.
Old 09-06-2009, 12:39 PM
Registered Member

I confess I haven't read this entire thread, so go gentle, but I presume others have requested some way to identify friends vs. foes in sim mode.

I'd like to see something like a button you could push to have wingmen call out the location of your closest enemies (i.e. "10 o'clock low") or even list them all ("two at 3 o'clock high, one at six o'clock"). I don't think that'd be unrealistic, and it'd be a huge help.