Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess

King's Bounty: Armored Princess Sequel to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend.

Old 07-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Approved Member

Something came on my mind, no i will not ask when game will be realesed xD

Nike-it, u have said that u plan to release mulitilingual version, does it include polish version or its independent ?? (as usual)
Old 07-17-2009, 06:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
Something came on my mind, no i will not ask when game will be realesed xD

Nike-it, u have said that u plan to release mulitilingual version, does it include polish version or its independent ?? (as usual)
I think it will be released separately by Cenega Poland.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:30 AM
Approved Member

If there is an official reason why AP is taking forever, it definitely isn't because of translation. I'm sorry, but translating isn't that time-consuming a job. We are not talking encyclopedias here.

I am curious why they would not release an English version first as I am sure that will outsell however many units they sell in Russia.

I liked KB a lot. Enough that I will wait for AP and purchase it when it is released. But I honestly don't have a lot of faith in this company. The lack of hype and communication to the fanbase is extremely standoffish and out of place for a title of this sort.
Old 07-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

In my eyes, they're still working out the bugs in the Russian version. There are some present, and patches are coming out at a regular basis.

I think that 1C just wants to provide the best product possible for the English version. It should be virtually bug-free, since most of them were already eliminated.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nokturnal View Post
Elwin - Because it's taking longer than anticipated...?

Why do people insist on rushing the translations?
The result of a fast translation, whether it be movies or games, is often poor..Words are skipped and some words thrown in where they don't belong....
Imagine trying to play the game with the text only partially (or lazily) translated..Alot of the story would be missing, and maybe even necessary information to complete missions would go unknown.

In short, there's no point rushing them unless you want to play an un-finished translation..So just have some patience and watch the forums for news & updates like the rest of us.
Nokturnal, you are wrong. I am a translator by trade, have 2 years of experience (not much but at least something), I do not know how translation from a Russian into English looks like, but it has to be harder then for instance German/French -> English etc. (Russian is a Slavic language, English is Germanic, not to mention different alphabet and different syntax).

But 1) the number of pages to translate ain't that big, from KB: Legend I would say max 200 pages.

2) The time needed for a translation is usually defined by the language used (hidden meanings, vocabulary), games usually do not have hidden meanings, and they are rather straightforward (for instance, Sir William of Greyberg asked you to kill seven fire imps in the Forest of Death), games use a rather simple language, so everyone can understand them.

3) Problems with translation in games occur when you have to translate voice (as for texts which are read to you in game), you have to have a good speaker of English, bigger trouble occur if you want to translate songs/music etc; in KB: The Legend you did the reading mostely, the introduction and the ending was read to us only, if I remember correctly.

4) There is a point into rushing a translation = gamers - Starcraft 2 and other games will come out soon taking the gamers away.

5) What I can say, is that on a gaming site which I check every now and then, It says that the English premiere will be in August; is it true - I don't know.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Approved Member

Amidamaru86 - You have some good points, and i never actually said it was hard (or easy) to translate from any language to another..So i'm not sure why you were defending translators

But you did fail to address the major factor...1c has other projects...They are not only working on one game..Check the list of upcoming games, they are translating multiple games at once..
We don't know how many people are working on each, or maybe they are only working on one at a time..or maybe they only have the 1 poor guy working on all..So you can't exactly say they aren't doing anything when you simply do not know the facts..

Now as for the assumption that Starcraft 2 will take gamers away from this...I highly doubt that will occur
The games are nothing alike..It's not as if it's the same genre or even setting, both games will be played by the people who want to play them both - An early release date won't change that (unless the player is short on money..)...Besides, SC2 won't be out till 2010 anyway

Last edited by Nokturnal; 07-20-2009 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-20-2009, 02:18 PM
Approved Member

I downloaded KB:TL from Gamersgate on Sep 23 2008, and I think it will be one year from then when I play the expansion.

Sep 23 2009 it is, then.
Old 07-22-2009, 06:03 AM
Approved Member

Gamespot has a 29 september release date for this game. It was 23 september previously to 29 september.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandea View Post
Gamespot has a 29 september release date for this game. It was 23 september previously to 29 september.
If the date is correct, the publisher must hurry. Only two months left until the release date but I haven't saw any marketing effort or game talks on the net. This is bad omen.

Two of the most fatal mistake in releasing old KB:TL was lack of decent marketing effort and good English translation it deserved. Marketing by Atari had much thing to be desired. That was lukewarm at best. The translation was not done by the English natives, let alone professional translator. If it was translated in better English, advertised properly in magazine and game web sites and distributed more widely to retail stores, it would have made into top ten world best seller game list of last year.

Don't repeat the mistakes. Do not publish this game internationally via Atari. They failed to do marketing the KB:TL as it deserved.
Advertise it early if not widely. Release news about it frequently on the game site. Tease the gamer. Announce even *BAD* news. Exposure is everything. Let them KNOW this good game. Don't waste this good money-making opportunity with poor marketing and translation.

Last edited by aaaaa; 07-27-2009 at 04:09 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaa View Post
If the date is correct, the publisher must hurry. Only two months left until the release date but I haven't saw any marketing effort or game talks on the net. This is bad omen.

Two of the most fatal mistake in releasing old KB:TL was lack of decent marketing effort and good English translation it deserved. Marketing by Atari had much thing to be desired. That was lukewarm at best. The translation was not done by the English natives, let alone professional translator. If it was translated in better English, advertised properly in magazine and game web sites and distributed more widely to retail stores, it would have made into top ten world best seller game list of last year.

Don't repeat the mistakes. Do not publish this game internationally via Atari. They failed to do marketing the KB:TL as it deserved.
Advertise it early if not widely. Release news about it frequently on the game site. Tease the gamer. Announce even *BAD* news. Exposure is everything. Let them KNOW this good game. Don't waste this good money-making opportunity with poor marketing and translation.

Yeah, they should advertise it at Ign.com or Gamespot.com. I already see some news on the upcoming Disciples 3. Even Disciples 3 has exposure and it will be out later than King's Bounty: AP.