Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 11-07-2012, 08:57 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos74 View Post
I have the same problem on XP 32bit SP3. After the official last Patch is the game not working. Menu etc is fine , but after loading the scenario the game crashes.

I`ve never used a beta and the old version , and before it was working fine.

Additional I´ve deleted cache files and did file check with steam, but had no success.

I´m really unhappy with this.

Configuration:

Asus P8h67 Motherboard with intel i3 2100
NVidia 550ti video card, latest drivers
Windows XP 32bit SP3 latest patchlevel

Additional Software:
Avira Anti Virus
Spybot search and Destroy

One additional remark:

When I start the game the menue loads. If I don´t start any scenario or flight and us the 'End game' button the game throws an error window on terminating.
Sorry: but it is in german:

Launcher.exe - Fehler in Anwendung (means Error in application)
Die Anweisung in "0x0697dab4" verweist auf Speicher in "0x000000000". Der Vorgang "read" konnte nicht auf dem Speicher durchgeführt werden.
Klicken Sie auf "OK" um das Programm zu beenden.

OK

It says: that the order "0x0697dab4" is related to the memory "0x000000000". The "read" command couldn´t be processed.
Please press "OK" to terminate the programm.

I think something is wrong.

Upgrade to another Windows version can´t be the solution or is there any right or information to change the Requirements of the game I have not seen?

I´m not happy to have a game what was working before and after official patch not.

Maybe there are some setting hints to fix the problem?

Any help (except upgrade windows) is welcome.
Carlos, your errors are exactly the same as I get, down to the address (apart from being in German). I'm sure this kind of thing is easily fixable given this kind of debug information. One last piece of technical support from 1C would help us XP users.

Kevin
Old 11-09-2012, 04:14 AM
Registered Member

Unhappy Unhappy...very very...very...unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinh View Post
Carlos, your errors are exactly the same as I get, down to the address (apart from being in German). I'm sure this kind of thing is easily fixable given this kind of debug information. One last piece of technical support from 1C would help us XP users.

Kevin
My specs before you say I dont have enough:
- Win XP SP3
- i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz (default, I never OC anything CPU, mem or GPU)
- 4GB ram
- Nvidia 560GTX (plenty of good frame rate all in ultra high setting in less than 10 times I got it to load)

It runs all the new nicest games @ full high settings, ArmA, Skyrim, Aerofly, Dishonored, and other that maybe forgot. And believe me, never crashed to desktop or blue screen if only ArmA does crashed sometimes at their early stages of development.

Its exactly my problem as described on quote, I bought the game 3 days ago at Steam and cannot play, and could not until now, it says it support win xp sp3 at Steam and everywhere, so you should support it...right?.. sorry the sarcasms

Well, I´d love the first IL2 Sturmovic, birds and expansions, but this one Cliffs of Dover is the only and worst game I ever bought, Im comming back from work every night expecting to make it work...the frustration on it is unbelievable, Im very, very unhappy.

"Now I have the game I was expecting for long and cannot play" This phrase dosent make sense, is wrong. I´m being nice, believe me, around this 3 days, I´ve read all over the internet it have problems and crashs trying to solve it, but its really on your end to solve it, I wish I had read it before buying.

I´ve being able to "sometimes" in this 3 days and more than...believe me, I know is a lot more...100´s of times changing settings and trying to play, when it goes, with a very nice FPS (frame rate) really, Im serious, very fast, but it crashs to desktop, all of the few 5 or even 10 maybe times it loads from menu to game it crashes, less than 5 minutes was the longest, I almost believed I could play.

Please, fix it, sorry if I mean hash but you done it, build the game that dont work, and are selling it, cant even load, its like I bought an abstract peace of dream that turns in a giant nightmare. Im sure you created it do make money, but to please people also, the second seems not working yet, again, yet I believe you will do it, or want to at least.

Very unhappy, very, very, very unhappy...
Old 11-09-2012, 08:57 AM
Approved Member

guys its only a longshot but turn automatic update OFF in steam and use this link to download an earlier patch:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=32916

drop that in and give it a go, don't know if it will work as i have win7 but anything is worth a try.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojimbo View Post
guys its only a longshot but turn automatic update OFF in steam and use this link to download an earlier patch:
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=32916

drop that in and give it a go, don't know if it will work as i have win7 but anything is worth a try.
Not sure if thats allowed, even if is, how could I downgrade from Steam installation, I´m almost sure an updater will not allow to downgrade.
Old 11-10-2012, 12:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by calabresi View Post
Not sure if thats allowed, even if is, how could I downgrade from Steam installation, I´m almost sure an updater will not allow to downgrade.
you can tell steam to "not automatically upgrade" its legal.
all you would need to do is drop the contents of the patch
into your core or parts folder. donbt worry give it a try,if it
still doesnt work you didnt lose anything if it does you can play.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:15 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojimbo View Post
you can tell steam to "not automatically upgrade" its legal.
all you would need to do is drop the contents of the patch
into your core or parts folder. donbt worry give it a try,if it
still doesnt work you didnt lose anything if it does you can play.
Joji, thank you for that, Ill try it eventully, just not right now, anythink about it I will try to let you all know.

ty again Jojimbo

see ya
Old 11-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Registered Member

Jojimbo, that worked for me to play 1, sometimes 2 single missions before it crashes, but do not allow me to play online cause of version, and online playing is 80 or more percent of the game fun, not saying the giant list of updates, fix on airplanes and upgrades they´d done to this game since. Do not satisfies me. The online on a recent version crashes as soon I ask to create an airplane in the lobby.

I need this game playing in my winxp as they told it does. Anyway, thanks for your help but as a recent buy, Im asking a refund at Steam and hope it works, or Ill make sure this developer and publisher will never have space on my disks and memory´s, as my pockets gold, nevermore.

Last edited by calabresi; 11-13-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 11:08 AM
Registered Member

What`s going on?

Still have a non running game in XP 32 and I dont want upgrade to Win7 or use an illegal modification

Who should I conatct to get help?

Old 11-22-2012, 09:36 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos74 View Post
What`s going on?

Still have a non running game in XP 32 and I dont want upgrade to Win7 or use an illegal modification

Who should I conatct to get help?

I feel your pain. 1C won't offer support and told me to contact Ubisoft support. I opened a ticket but so far they haven't been much help, just suggested making sure the game and their Uplay client was up to date. Maybe if enough people ask for support they'll do something to fix the XP 32 bugs.

Kevin
Old 12-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Registered Member

I`ve contacted Ubi support. Their first answer was, that I should try to reinstall the game. I did and it didn`t fix the problem.

Next round.