Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 04-20-2012, 01:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
They released a game with far more problems than this beta appears to have, if they have fixed the CTD's then they will allow me and many many others to finally be able to play the game, we are currently in Alpha mode anyway, this beta patch would make the game Beta, which is only a good thing.
Well the state of release is old news now and not really a constructive argument any more, the point is they were able to take on board the issues and started working to a solution, surely even you must be able to admit you wouldn't like to be in their shoes, I reckon much of the complaining has been extremely damaging and they have had to be extremely carefull, the worst luck they could possibly have had was for you in particular to have had the CTD issue, a bit like accidentally burning a Qur'an in front of Abu Hamza, now they have had to face the millitant wrath.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOden View Post
I'm also a developer by profession but I'm pretty sure "Artist" isn't.
21 years of it...

-------------------------------------------------------------
Old 04-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Approved Member

i can wait for whatever reason but the biggest complaint and it is a "Valid" complaint is that most here (including myself) are upset to see this progress being made on a sequel but not the original product.My question is this: How can someone make a sequel when the original game does not work as intended?Wouldnt that mean that they would have to GO BACK and fix everything AGAIN for the sequel?It would be wise to get EVERYONE involved and fix it.NO sequel should have even been thought about yet.It should not have even been mentioned at all because all it did was make us feel like pawns and used.
how can you move forward when you have to keep taking 2 steps back??All we asked is that you guys should have STOPPED EVERYTHING and fixed the problem 1st.there would be NO complaints if this was done when the problems 1st appeared is all im saying.WE all have priorities and priority #1 should have been to fix the game before moving on.With that being said everyone should be pulled off of working on the sequel and get it done right.once and for all.it is the only way to move forward.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by taildraggernut View Post
Well the state of release is old news now and not really a constructive argument any more, the point is they were able to take on board the issues and started working to a solution, surely even you must be able to admit you wouldn't like to be in their shoes, I reckon much of the complaining has been extremely damaging and they have had to be extremely carefull, the worst luck they could possibly have had was for you in particular to have had the CTD issue, a bit like accidentally burning a Qur'an in front of Abu Hamza, now they have had to face the millitant wrath.
Well if I were in thier shoes i would have my hands on my cash, of course the complaining is damaging, if noone had complained do you think they would of tried to fix it? They made a choice to release a completely broken product with any warning, that is not my fault or anyone else's. If the game had been all that it should of been i would of been shouting about it from the rooftops.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH_woodstock View Post
i can wait for whatever reason but the biggest complaint and it is a "Valid" complaint is that most here (including myself) are upset to see this progress being made on a sequel but not the original product.My question is this: How can someone make a sequel when the original game does not work as intended?Wouldnt that mean that they would have to GO BACK and fix everything AGAIN for the sequel?It would be wise to get EVERYONE involved and fix it.NO sequel should have even been thought about yet.It should not have even been mentioned at all because all it did was make us feel like pawns and used.
how can you move forward when you have to keep taking 2 steps back??All we asked is that you guys should have STOPPED EVERYTHING and fixed the problem 1st.there would be NO complaints if this was done when the problems 1st appeared is all im saying.WE all have priorities and priority #1 should have been to fix the game before moving on.With that being said everyone should be pulled off of working on the sequel and get it done right.once and for all.it is the only way to move forward.
Sir, you do not have a grasp of how IL2 has worked over the years. Any game engine fixes/upgrades that appear in the sequel will automatically be applied to CloD when you merge the install after purchase of the sequel.

All the employees of Maddox Games that can work on fixes are, those like modelers and landscape builders and texture artists are doing what they do best. They are not game engine coders. This is a proper division of labor and to the best interests of the company and us.

*EDIT*

You also must understand that MG is no doubt under amazing pressures from 1C to show solid income. This is most easily accomplished by catering to their biggest, most important market, Russia. If you understand this, a sequel that focuses on the Great Patriotic War makes amazingly good business sense. And it means the title will survive, so we all can enjoy it for another decade or more.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov

Last edited by ElAurens; 04-20-2012 at 01:49 PM.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
Sir, you do not have a grasp of how IL2 has worked over the years. Any game engine fixes/upgrades that appear in the sequel will automatically be applied to CloD when you merge the install after purchase of the sequel.

All the employees of Maddox Games that can work on fixes are, those like modelers and landscape builders and texture artists are doing what they do best. They are not game engine coders. This is a proper division of labor and to the best interests of the company and us.

*EDIT*

You also must understand that MG is no doubt under amazing pressures from 1C to show solid income. This is most easily accomplished by catering to their biggest, most important market, Russia. If you understand this, a sequel that focuses on the Great Patriotic War makes amazingly good business sense. And it means the title will survive, so we all can enjoy it for another decade or more.
That's good and all ElAurens and I for one support this model since it worked for the old IL-2 series and well to boot BUT what if a person doesn't want to buy any sequel? what if he just wants the product that he has already bought to function properly and contain advertised features? Is he entitled to additional content? IMO no! is he entitled to any fixes that any sequel will have that uses the same game engine? IMO yes he dang well is!

You seem unaware that you are basically saying that "no problem if he buys the sequel(s) his current game will be fixed", I hope you are aware of how wrong that is.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
You seem unaware that you are basically saying that "no problem if he buys the sequel(s) his current game will be fixed", I hope you are aware of how wrong that is.
and this is the crux.

when pacific fighters came out, although it improved forgotten battles, forgotten battles was a working game.....

anyway, i see 1c as working towards achieving that with Clod despite this forum, so its moot at this point.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Well if I were in thier shoes i would have my hands on my cash
Mine too

Quote:
if noone had complained do you think they would of tried to fix it?
Actually I do, I dare say enough people would have made bug reports, the complaining has done nothing towards this, just made the forums more unpleasant for a year.

Quote:
They made a choice to release a completely broken product with any warning, that is not my fault or anyone else's
still the old news that doesnt matter any more

Quote:
If the game had been all that it should of been i would of been shouting about it from the rooftops.
Perhaps, but since it wasn't you've been calling for Jihad from your minarette, it's extreme either way.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post

*EDIT*

Understood and thank you.And yes you are correct.i really dont understand how game devs operate.Now i understand a little more and appreciate your comments.It just seemed a little backwards to me how it was being delt with.

~S~
Old 04-20-2012, 02:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fruitbat View Post
and this is the crux.

when pacific fighters came out, although it improved forgotten battles, forgotten battles was a working game.....

anyway, i see 1c as working towards achieving that with Clod despite this forum, so its moot at this point.
Thank you for highlighting my point.