Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 12-09-2011, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

I think that the COD Developing team doesn't understand what 80% of pilots wants:

the real simmer people needs not only online server to do a simple dogfight also with a lot of scripts.

People wants a simple way to build a good mission, with aircraft, ships, objects, colums WITHOUT SCRIPTS!!!

Dear develop team, try to understand this:

there is no future for COD in this way. Old IL2 is more simple and stable and very interesting tournaments are running... SEOW, BELLUM as example.

bye.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

you sir, are wrong! scripting adds a whole new dimension to the missions.

it's just that mos of the scripts needs to be made and made public.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Registered Member

Default Big demand for coops

IMO the single biggest thing keeping people from buying and flying CLOD more than at present is the lack of IL2 1946 style coops. The sooner a more user friendly approach is ready the better - both for sales and for users.

Cheers!

Biggs
Old 12-10-2011, 11:37 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adonys View Post
you sir, are wrong! scripting adds a whole new dimension to the missions.

it's just that mos of the scripts needs to be made and made public.
Dear Adonys,

I'm trying to explain here what I mean regarding programming and script (that I've allready wrote in other posts):

I love programming (me and my development team have rewritten the entire scripts in php and pearl of Bellum tournament www.1smv.it/badc and international: www.1smv-wings.it) so, we know what is scripting...

First: The real problem is that COD has not a script manual! Where are the functions, classes, objects list? We have to understand how to write a function reading the downloaded script from this forum?

Second: COD has a lot of BUG, is not stable (but payed).

Third: The real simulation is not flown on an online server with guys that enter and leave the mission as they want. The real simulation is when 20, 30, 50 and more pilots take a meeting to start a big and historical mission (see SEOW tournament www.22gct.it)... now READ THIS:

COD is not for expert tournaments: STARTING A MISSION LIKE THIS IS A TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE, did you try to enter in a mission with just only 40 pilots in the same time?

fourth: did you try to build a mission? Check how many bugs are in the object windows.

I have no more words to explain to COD develop team this idea: COD need to think to expert simmer. With all respect for all players.

Arrivederci.

Last edited by _1SMV_Poppy_64; 12-10-2011 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Approved Member

If we are going to have to write scrips give us a manual.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:42 PM
Approved Member

JG53 is a co-op squadron rather than an online wars squadron. The big issues we are running into having recently switched over to the CloD engine are that getting everyone spawned in on the same airfield at the same time frequently sees the launcher crash for lots of pilots, so to counter this we are having to do a staggered spawn with schwarm one spawning, taxiing to runway and taking off then second schwarm does the same, then third, and so on meaning ti can take upto 15 minutes for all schwarms to get airborne before we are even able to get in formation and proceed with the mission.

Secondly, when the schwarms finally meet the stability issues tend to kick in as the engine doesn't seem to be able to cope with 12+ players flying close together and entering combat together, even against a flight of 6 hurricanes lots of members experience the launcher crash due to the memory leak.

Seeing the return of proper styled co-ops would be ideal here, I'm not even asking for the neat aircraft lined up style of IL2, just being able to run co-ops that don't crash where pilots can select an aircraft present but use their own skin and weapon loadout woudl be great.

The way things are at the moment we cannot run really close, co-operative and teamwork focused missions as whenever too many pilots are in the same location the game cannot cope with the strain and crashes.

Trying to organise realistic missions under the current system is, at present, a real pain in the backside.
I'm not against the scripting, we just need a stable game that doesn't constantly crash when trying to run as close to the old style co-ops as possible.

CloD has a lot of potential, it just needs the time and effort put into making it better, I'm excited for the future of it, but right now I can't help but feel a little fustrated that these issues haven't been resolved.
V
Old 12-10-2011, 07:31 PM
Approved Member

Sadly it's mainly all at the same time or within 30 seconds of one-another regardless of PC spec.
Most of use have pretty high spec machines and have all gone through most of the performance tweeks hinted at on this site such as the reinstall of CloD after using the beta patches, using gamebooster etc.
On occasions those with lesser machines get the launcher crash first, but it is always a matter of time before we all get it. Longest anyone has gone is about 2 and a bit hours on the ATAG server during "off peak" times.
With our missions the longest we ahve managed wtih anything more than 2 people is about 50 minutes providing we haven't formed up together, when we form up with about 10+ pilots it normally drops it to about 35mins before we all start getting launcher crashes.
V
Old 12-11-2011, 07:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _1SMV_Poppy_64 View Post
Where are the functions, classes, objects list?
If you import CloD dlls into the Studio you can see all available interfaces. Everyone familiar with C# had no problem writing scripts, missions or campaigns.
Old 12-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarFox101 View Post
If we are going to have to write scrips give us a manual.
As one of knowledgeable people mentioned on this forum "The only manual that can be really helpful is "C# for dummies"". Developers will not write it because it is already written by others (free courses available on the internet).
Old 12-11-2011, 07:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG53_Valantine View Post
Sadly it's mainly all at the same time or within 30 seconds of one-another regardless of PC spec.
Most of use have pretty high spec machines and have all gone through most of the performance tweeks hinted at on this site such as the reinstall of CloD after using the beta patches, using gamebooster etc.
On occasions those with lesser machines get the launcher crash first, but it is always a matter of time before we all get it. Longest anyone has gone is about 2 and a bit hours on the ATAG server during "off peak" times.
With our missions the longest we ahve managed wtih anything more than 2 people is about 50 minutes providing we haven't formed up together, when we form up with about 10+ pilots it normally drops it to about 35mins before we all start getting launcher crashes.
V
In case you are not running x32 systems or bugged scripts this can be fixed with a new patch only probably. The devs are reworking the graphics engine and launcher crash is not present in their new version as Luthier mentioned. Hope we get it soon.

Try setting NET settings to xDSL or lower. Try not using zoom function while on an airfield. Zooming to engine exhaust flames causes crashes sometimes, especially when there are many planes around starting engines. Some particles in the engine exhaust may be bugged.

Last edited by Ataros; 12-11-2011 at 08:03 AM.