Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Pilot's Lounge

Pilot's Lounge Members meetup

Old 11-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Uther View Post
Just Flight is fine, I used it a few times. If its cheaper, more people will buy it. What new game doesn't get cheaper?
On another note, RoF is free now...
It was an offer i couldn't refuse and even though i need to upgrade my computer and get win7 instead of xp2 i consider it something for the future.
Old 11-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Approved Member

Pretty Sick as I paid £58.91 for a flight sim that runs slowly & I get Launcher crashes when flying near Northern France. Worse £60 I ever spent. Current price really rubs salt into wound. Also I believe that this is a sign that support will drop off before long!
(314.22 drivers)

16GB RAM DDR3
Track IR4
MSFFB2 Joystick
Win 8 64 Bit Home
Old 11-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Approved Member

First off, almost all games drops in price within a year, there are very few exceptions. Nintendo's first-party games are exceptions, parents will pay for Mario at any cost. Regarding financing for the sequel(s), they wouldn't start development if financing wasn't already secured, it's business after all not poker.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:50 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudfark View Post
Well, some folks don't seem to understand the difference between optimism and optimization...I don't believe that you are one of them....

There seems to me...to be...less optimism.
While seven months later? No optimization.
In the last couple of months?
Take a look/search in regard to the numbers of folks who have "left" the forum.
Dont be a smart ars, english is not my native language. Yep it should be optimization not optimisation. BTw it was just a typo. They did something to make the game smooth. Is it enough. No. Will they further improve this sim (performance wise)? - I hope yes.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:10 PM
Approved Member

It's not a typo at all.
optimisation is BE, optimization AE

I don't think that's what Pudfark meant though.

Anyhow, i bought CloD for 27 € right at its release. It's not like you were forced to buy it for ~60 € or something.

So it's like half as expensive as it was seven months ago. That's not that special imo.

Only the devs know if they'll keep supporting it.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattius View Post
Pretty Sick as I paid £58.91 for a flight sim that runs slowly & I get Launcher crashes when flying near Northern France. Worse £60 I ever spent. Current price really rubs salt into wound. Also I believe that this is a sign that support will drop off before long!
Yeah, pre-ordered well in advance and payed 60 quid myself......COLOUR ME MUG.

Feel a bit bumped, but I'm over it lol. What can ye do? Hopefully they will get their act together one day (probably in the next release) and the improvements will be retro actively fitted to CoD. It would be insane if they do not provide the merged install option.

Had some fun with it, and it has some very good points too no doubt (particularly DM and engine management, when it works properly lol).....But I have to say a big let down overall to be honest.

Ah well. Tomorrow is another day, and lets see what it brings.

Last edited by RCAF_FB_Orville; 11-03-2011 at 06:32 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-03-2011, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
Most people came on here to complain/fix problems. Their problems are fixed and they don't need to come back.
True, or we are patiently waiting for the next patch (AI and Radio fixes!!!)

I picked up a 2nd copy from Just Flight (great sale price) as I expect the fps optimisations and SP fixes to be in the next patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luthier View Post
Our main priorities now are:

1. Physics and FM. This means plane behavior in the air, brand new landing gear model on the ground, collision modeling including tree collision (if performance allows), and improved vehicle physics.
2. AI. Currently working on everyone’s favorite controls flutter and AI wingman behavior. Also working on improving radio comms, getting your crew to be more verbose on the intercom, and lots of other changes. Coupled with #1, this should give us quite a dramatic change in how air combat looks and feels.
3. Performance. We are in final stages of testing a thorough overhaul of the game’s graphic engine. It won’t look any different but it will be much more streamlined. It’s too early to say what the FPS increase will be in the final version, but it shouldn’t be less than 50%.
4. Sound. The sound in the v15950 is considered a beta. We will continue to improve existing sound, and to add new ones to the aircraft and to the world around them.
5. SDK. As promised earlier, still planning to release a map-making SDK in the near future. More details will be released when we are ready for them.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:31 PM
Approved Member

CoD is not yet in a state where it should have been released.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudfark View Post
Well, some folks don't seem to understand the difference between optimism and optimization...I don't believe that you are one of them....

There seems to me...to be...less optimism.
While seven months later? No optimization.
In the last couple of months?
Take a look/search in regard to the numbers of folks who have "left" the forum.
@Tvrdi, I was not trying to make fun of you or poking fun at you...I meant word for word, what I said. It was a compliment to you.

@cheesehawk, You may get exactly what you ask for..."That certainly points to the improved nature of the sim. Most people came on here to complain/fix problems. Their problems are fixed and they don't need to come back".
Old 11-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Approved Member

Actually for all the fans, I would not be worried about the critics and pessimists still posting here.

You really should be worried about the people who don't come here anymore and about those who did not buy in the first place after seeing CoD at their friends pc's. I'm the only one of four mates owning Il2 who bought CoD.

I'm cool about anyone getting their enjoyment of CoD. But everytime I start a mission from the strange UI and see the AI "perform" I want to throw up. So I instantly stop playing and wait for the next patch. For seven months now.

To me this is the biggest disappointment I ever had from a pc game. Won't ever buy any extension for this mess. I mean they aren't newcomers with their first ever flight sim produced, are they?