Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-18-2011, 02:08 PM
Tvrdi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw_wolverine View Post
Yep, glass is more than half full for me on the game.

Running the sim just fine (except for the slow down when involved in furballs in the clouds)

Settings mostly to max, trees at medium, textures at original.

i7 940 2.93gHz (Not Overclocked)
GTX 580 1.5gb ram
12gb system ram
Game installed on SSD drive
Running it at 1920 x 1200 on Windows 7 Pro, 64bit

Game is smooth as silk most of the time as I said. Even when weaving in and out of larger bomber formations in multiplayer.

My video card is pretty good, yes, but all the rest of it is pretty cheap stuff now.

My guess is that the people who are still having major issues with the game are mostly people who are running 32bit systems, probably XP.
your cpu is still top noch mate...btw you should push it a bit...I have my i7920 on stock volt at 3.5Ghz (HT off in BIOS)....it helps for CLOD (and youll get optimal combo with your GPU)...
Old 10-18-2011, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvrdi View Post
your cpu is still top noch mate...btw you should push it a bit...I have my i7920 on stock volt at 3.5Ghz (HT off in BIOS)....it helps for CLOD (and youll get optimal combo with your GPU)...
I've attempted to do stuff in the past, but I always get a 'bad overclock' fail at boot. I've got stock cooling on the processor.
Pilot #1 (9:40 hours flying time, 3/0/1 Fighters, 7/2/0 Bombers). RIP

No.401 Squadron Forum

Using ReconNZ's Pilot Log Book
Old 10-18-2011, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

stock ain´t the way to go trying ocing, though i did this once on a P2, sigh, i miss that old monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41Sqn_Banks View Post
The devs need to continue to tweak the FM balance until there is equal amount of whining from both sides.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

I only have problems over London at low altitude, 25 FPS
stock airfan is bullshit

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 10-18-2011, 04:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw_wolverine View Post
My guess is that the people who are still having major issues with the game are mostly people who are running 32bit systems, probably XP.
I think that is a good guess..

That and when you consider that a lot of these 'users' can not even figure out where the game is installed on their PC. Well you have to wonder just how well the PC is configured for gaming.

You know the types of which I speak.

The types that 'feel' the need to dl a MOD for IL-2 and not only have trouble trying to figure out how to unzip the mod, but where to unzip the mod due to not knowing where IL-2 is actually at on their hard drive.

At which point they blame the MOD for the 'problem' never stopping to consider the fact that PC gaming in general requires a little more from the user than being able to hit the ON switch. I suspect that a lot of the squeaky wheels here fall into that category.