Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:57 PM
Approved Member

Beta's are always a manual install, just drag and drop the files into the relevant folder, official releases are updated through steam.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:02 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the update, looking forward to test it out, but could you by any means post a more descriptive bug/fix list?

I find almost all of your update lists a little too "general", if you know what I mean?

I was thinking if you guys have a .txt file or something you write down all bugs so that they are organized in a list, then just copy-paste that in the forum post, or include it as a readme.txt with the patch file. That way it's easier for us to test the specific alterations and fully enjoy the patches!

Thank you!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:04 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orpheus View Post
None of the 'add'/'remove'/'save'/'save as' etc buttons in the ammo loadouts work for me at all anymore (they did prior to the patch).
Well I discovered that you have to enter in Options / Plane and modify the loadouts there. Also, you have to select THERE the ones you want to use in the missions. That's quite a strange behavior, however it seems to be finally working. I'd like to be able to select the loadout on the preflight screen though.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anavas44 View Post
Well I discovered that you have to enter in Options / Plane and modify the loadouts there. Also, you have to select THERE the ones you want to use in the missions. That's quite a strange behavior, however it seems to be finally working. I'd like to be able to select the loadout on the preflight screen though.
Yep you're right, changing it in Options/Plane seems to work fine. Not sure why they changed it tbh (or even if it was intentional), but not being able to swap out ammo on the preflight screen is damn irritating!

Also +1 for patch notes, without them we're testing blind.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Approved Member

Talking

Good lord - that minesweeper really does lay mines. And they work, too! Awesome!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Ali Fish

im impressed with what im experiencing so far.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

Good job, several problems have been much improved. Skin selection works in multiplayer now. Also performance for me has one again increased. Three more months at this pace and the Sim is where it should be.

Thanks!
Old 06-21-2011, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

Looking through the files.. at least we got some smilies..
Old 06-21-2011, 05:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smink1701 View Post
Anyone seeing the following...

* Various graphical improvements. The distant clouds are finally back - i.e. the flat representations of clouds you saw on beta screenshots with pretty sunlit borders. Finally fixed the landscape stripes bug, etc.
* Improvements to FM and DM and various cockpit systems, as usual - long list there.
* AI improvements, including at least the majority, if not all, of the order system working.
* A new warship!
Well the annoying 3 stripes is still There, just about had enough of this XXXX
Im starting to think that you just dont give a dam about ati users

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 06-21-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-21-2011, 05:22 PM
Approved Member

Will be testing today, thanks.

However, +1 on the need for a change log so that we know what to look for. If you guys could give us something like that later during the day or tomorrow, it would greatly help in testing this until it goes live on steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
109 Prop pitch works much faster, and the roll-rate is dramatically improved! Elevator trim seems alot more sensitive, will have to adjust my controls, as something definitely changed there, maybe more elevator authority added...
Didn't test it yet as i'm just now downloading, but maybe they corrected the trim?

Up till the last patch i could see the 109s elevators functioning like regular trim tabbed surfaces in external view: add trim and the elevators deflect.

In reality, what happened was that the elevators remained level with the stabilizer but the whole assembly (including the horizontal stab) would tilt. In other words, you get your trim and you still have the elevator's full range of motion to work with, which increases the amount of available control authority.

If they corrected it to reflect the historically correct method of operation then we could pull off some really nifty tricks by using trim and stick together, or at the very least be able to exit high speed dives with more ease.