Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:02 AM
Approved Member

Well, the zombies have 36 HP, the other type of zombies have 48. That's kinda low in my opinion if I am to avoid big losses in some of the fights. In addition to that, their initiative is really low - 2 for normal zombies, 1 for the better ones.

As for losses... you need to minimize them, because you don't have an ample supply of those units all the time. They're found on nameless and a few other islands.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:11 AM
Approved Member

Yea it's kinda low. Since I made this thread I've decided to go with the demon route and even with a 100 lowest HP unit (succubus) I sometimes have problems with AoE like giants stomping. I solve those by putting pentagram below my demons to raise morale and thus defense.

But I don't know how you would protect the zombies from such attacks without having to waste stoneskin or some other spell on them.

(I'm considering this is a no-loss game).
Old 12-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Approved Member

Demons can be much easier to get a no-loss. Besides, they're the best dragon-mincers because of the high fire resistance.
Undead are worse - negative fire resistance, and high posion resistance. However, there are more units dound fire damage than units with poison damage.

That's assuming you're trying different lineups With lizards, you can always squeeze in a paladin, same is orcs, dwarves and elves.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:39 AM
Approved Member

Yep, definitely more fire-breathing enemies than poisoning ones. I think the good thing they did with demons is that they are more vulnerable to poison regardless of their 0 resistance (like most living units) because you can't heal it off them.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:52 AM
Approved Member

Well, you can dispell it, but that is not the same, yeah. Well, in any case, the idea is to have fun. Looking at the theoretical scenarios, you can't do a no-loss with demon and undead lineups, but you can have some fun trying different armies. Makes the game interesting
Old 12-01-2009, 10:09 AM
Approved Member

I agree, that's why I immediately ruled out paladins, inquisitors etc. from my 1st playthrough (which I plan to do with a no-loss considering I'm familiar with all of the Heroes series and KBTL mechanics). They are just the obvious choice for troop conservation and too vanilla for my taste.

Edit: more on topic, I think Black Knights really lack the HP. Sure they have good physical resistance, but for 160 HP they are hardly a tank. Sure they can do decent DPS once they've been attacked enough times, but it eludes me how a black knight in full plate armor can take the same amount of damage as a demonologist in a robe..

Last edited by Infiltrator; 12-01-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Approved Member

Well, the black knights have 30% phys resistance, demonologists do not. However, when you free moro dark, you get the shard of darkness (they have translated it splinter of darkness, which is kinda strange) and suddenly you get a tank with 30% phys resistance that can retaliate to each attack and gets improved crit with any hit. Top that up with target and stone skin and executioners can't match them at all.
Old 12-01-2009, 11:45 AM
Approved Member

Not even with the +30% crit axe?
Old 12-01-2009, 11:59 AM
Approved Member

This might sound like a crazy idea, but why not forget about no loss and just have fun with the undead?
Old 12-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiltrator View Post
Not even with the +30% crit axe?
No. Crit chance only affects normal attacks