Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Technical problems and solutions

Technical problems and solutions Questions and solutions

Old 09-14-2010, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancor26 View Post
If you mean did i download the editor from steam tools then the answer is no. Sounds kindy silly though if you have to download extra to get stuff to the editor... shouldn't it all come with a game?
It all comes with the game, it's just compressed The editor uses only uncompressed textures, that's why 12 GB or so extra space is needed.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrzafka View Post
It all comes with the game, it's just compressed The editor uses only uncompressed textures, that's why 12 GB or so extra space is needed.
Alright then. I guess i have to wait until official release then if you have to download those textures from steam? or where do i download those? I can't wait to start making my own maps
Old 09-14-2010, 08:42 AM
Approved Member

can we modify medals too? I can't stand the trap medal so I'll try to make a more usefull one.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:50 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandea View Post
can we modify medals too? I can't stand the trap medal so I'll try to make a more usefull one.
Ofc we can. I don't know how to do it in editor yet though... but you can edit the "medals.txt" located in every campaigns .kfs folder (for example original AP has ses.kfs, orc on the march has orcs.kfs etc.) You can open .kfs files with winrar for example.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:52 AM
Approved Member

oh, yes, I forgot about that. nevertheless I want to use the editor, when it'll be available. 3-4 days from now
Old 09-14-2010, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
I'm pretty sure this is intentional. I think the same happens with paladins. In fact, I'm pretty sure one of their traits says something about them being bad necromancy targets.
Still amuses me when enemy necromancers revive my inquisitors for me. I often play with inquisitors being only 3rd level units, and they tend to die quickly. Paladins on the other hand never die with me

I'd have to check that, but I think that inquisitors revived that way can't be resurrected further, as if their number in stack was reset.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiko Kila View Post
Still amuses me when enemy necromancers revive my inquisitors for me. I often play with inquisitors being only 3rd level units, and they tend to die quickly. Paladins on the other hand never die with me

I'd have to check that, but I think that inquisitors revived that way can't be resurrected further, as if their number in stack was reset.
Well i had a great laugh last game i played... I was playing against some mage hero on defender of the crown at some point of the battle he spawned pretty big group of units using call of nature (cant remember what units they were) and next turn he used exorcism on his own summoned units and he had a huge amount of intellect and exorcism does a lot of damage against summoned units so the whole group died there lol AI can be so stupid sometimes...
Old 09-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rancor26 View Post
Well i had a great laugh last game i played... I was playing against some mage hero on defender of the crown at some point of the battle he spawned pretty big group of units using call of nature (cant remember what units they were) and next turn he used exorcism on his own summoned units and he had a huge amount of intellect and exorcism does a lot of damage against summoned units so the whole group died there lol AI can be so stupid sometimes...
Really? I don't remember such instances in original campaign, but maybe there were not many heroes with exorcism in the first place. I didn't know you can cast exorcism on your own summons.

I think that AI can be quite smart with cloned units, though. Enemy heroes most often kill my phantomed units with dispel (note that at least Dispel III can't hurt you own unit if you cast it and they have a bad effect, so you don't need to be too smart and not kill accidentally your own phantom-soldiers) and if I kill their phantoms that way too often, they stop phantoming, even if they have mana for it.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:18 PM
Registered Member

When fighting kraken poison spit scroll causes the game to crash.
Old 10-05-2010, 12:21 AM
Approved Member

Not sure if anyone mentioned - but Rune Mage doesn't seem to be affected by many Morale raising abilities/items: for example Royal Griffins's ability. But oddly, the "Cheer" talent works on him.