Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 02-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by meplay View Post
LoBiSoMeM, out of curiosity what do you have in your rig, or plan to have?
I have a cheap Phenom X4 3.4GHz, in a cheap but good ASUS MB, 4GB RAM and a ATI 4850.

I'm using the same MB for 2 upgrades, X2 4000+ > X2 6000+ and now the Phenom.

For CoD and other titles I'll just bought a new VGA and use the old 4850 in other desktop I have. Maybe more 2 or 4 GB of RAM, it's cheap now.

And will runs CoD ok as people with much more expensive rigs. One quad core with +3GHz is fast enought for CoD, RoF, DCS... And 4GB of RAM will be ok too. If CoD benefit for more RAM, cheapest upgrade!

People have a lot of options to build one system. I never understand these topics about "what is best"... You can build a great gaming system with Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, ATI... Just need to research o little and have the budget in mind.
Old 02-07-2011, 12:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBiSoMeM View Post
I have a cheap Phenom X4 3.4GHz, in a cheap but good ASUS MB, 4GB RAM and a ATI 4850.

For CoD and other titles I'll just bought a new VGA and use the old 4850 in other desktop I have. Maybe more 2 or 4 GB of RAM, it's cheap now.

And will runs CoD ok as people with much more expensive rigs. One quad core with +3GHz is fast enought for CoD, RoF, DCS... And 4GB of RAM will be ok too. If CoD benefit for more RAM, cheapest upgrade!

People have a lot of options to build one system. I never understand these topics about "what is best"... You can build a great gaming system with Intel, AMD, NVIDIA, ATI... Just need to research o little and have the budget in mind.
Now your talking
Old 02-07-2011, 07:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRIGGBOY View Post
first of all i would like dutch for bringing this up. i have being toying between a i25005k with a gtx 480 or a 970be with a gtx 570 both with corsair 8gb ram and heat spreader.
That's what I put to work in my new gaming machine. i5-2500k, 8 Gig RAM, GTX 570. I am absolutly satisfied with it.

If the Intel 1155 chipset bug didn't surface I would recommend it wholeheartedly. But for now it's better to wait for the fixed chipset, before going the Sandy Bridge route.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:

Yeah i have about the same except ive got a 4870, my missus has got a 5770, so i will try cod on that one, and see what i need to get after the release! it runs smooth enough at present.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'm always amazed how the average simmer knows nothing about hardware, but believes that knows everything...

This nonsense topic - with the amazing initial question and all discussion - is the final proof that I need.

People waste a lot of money for nothing in performance, as usual.

did I not point out people do not need the hottest processor for this application !
Old 02-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

At tomshardware.com there is a good read about this: Best Gaming CPUs For The Money: January 2011

It also has a nice gaming CPU Hierarchy Chart, which showed me that i not have to upgrade yet from my Q9650. It is still fast enough.
Old 02-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Registered Member

For FSX I can recommend Intel I7-2600K. First time really high FPS!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 04:11 AM
Approved Member

For $330 it's hard to argue against a I7-2600K, esp if you already have some DDR3 RAM on hand.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baronWastelan View Post
For $330 it's hard to argue against a I7-2600K, esp if you already have some DDR3 RAM on hand.
For that much you can get a high end AMD phenom AND high end video card which will run CoD fine.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

I,m thinking about buying a laptop,so i can take it with me....much more expensive though,but there are some nice laptops around,i especially like the Asus ones;

Asus K72JR-TY159V(i5-7 core,Ati 1gig,4gigs of memory)should run CoD fine!

Last edited by the Dutchman; 02-11-2011 at 01:47 PM.