Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Controls threads

Controls threads Everything about controls in CoD

Old 02-04-2011, 12:50 PM
Approved Member

I've started a new topic for the MS FFB2: http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthr...228#post220228
Old 05-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Approved Member

Some fresh news from the Paccus team:

"Dear pilot,

Do you remember we were working on realistic force feedback for your flightsims and games?

Not the kind of tickling in your hand, but a real force.
Not a faint feeling but realistic power.
Not some plastic toy but a solid aluminium stick.

Imagine how your flightsim experience changes if you can feel the wind on your ailerons and elevator.
Can you imagine how your shooter game experience changes if you feel the recoil like it's real?

It took time to create this perfect experience in a high quality and durable joystick.
And it is available very soon in a limited edition!

This weekend you can try the hydraulic force feedback at the UK's biggest flight sim weekend in Weston-super-Mare (near Bristol).
Check http://fscweston.co.uk for all details.

Next week we'll send you an impression of this event so keep an eye on your mailbox.

If you want to be sure you'll have your own Hawk within weeks, just send us an e-mail and you can be the first on our list.

with kind regards from the Paccus-team,
Ariella Bijl
www.paccus.com

P.S.: Share this e-mail with your friends so they too can benefit from this unique opportunity!

Paccus Joysticks - fast, precise and durable."

May Gods let us see how this joystick finally looks like, its features and how it works on a 'real sim' before our eyes. It will an exciting wait until I put my hands on that piece of HW. High hopes here.

Engadin.
Old 05-11-2011, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

why do you call yourself engadin?
Old 05-11-2011, 10:44 PM
Approved Member

Looks interesting, but ye gods the price...
Old 05-12-2011, 12:46 AM
Approved Member

What is the price?
Old 05-12-2011, 01:43 AM
Approved Member

~$600 something I think
Old 05-12-2011, 04:32 AM
Approved Member

Maybe they need to do a bit more reserch first. Ergonomics is WAY off. I wouldnt even buy it for 50.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Approved Member

Here are my 2 cents...

First of all I'm very glad to see a company finally working on a high-end force feedback solution! Way to go! I'm a microsoft ffb user from the day they appeared and I still don't see a worthy successor.

Design: It's pretty obvious why they chose a symmetric design for stick and buttons: this layout will equally work for right- and lefthanded players, which is good. One of my squaddies is lefthanded and there are very few options for him on the market. On the other hand the symmetric design limits ergonomy and the amount of buttons that can be installed.

Stronger forces and a solid build sounds good, too. The cheap, plasticky feel of the G940 drove me off instantly. We need more sticks going in the warthog direction.

If the grip is solid aluminium, it should be padded. Without pads it'll feel cold and uncomfortable.

I hope this stick will sell well and that there will be dedicated sticks for left- and righthanded players in the future. This is the only way to have a proper amount of buttons, hats and sliders ergonomically placed.

S!
Old 05-12-2011, 11:12 AM
Approved Member

And my 2 cents: Wouldn't it be nice, if they went one step further and offered just the sturdy hydraulic forcefeedback *base* (of the stick) with different sticks (Spit, Bf109, ...)?

It would be just what kept me from investing in a tarmac-aces' Universal mechanical base: Stick in center position (mounted on the floor) with forcefeedback!

That would be so cool!

Artist
Old 05-12-2011, 11:51 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
why do you call yourself engadin?
Perhaps for the same reason you call yourself "swiss"...he probably sends his Fritz-X skywards on Aug. 1st like you and me