Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 12-13-2011, 07:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-38L View Post
Just few ideas

1) Long time ago, Daidalos Team said that they were going to implement the Refuel/Repair/Rearm option. I would like to have this in the next update.
Initial version (mod) was incompatible and had bugs, which we were not able to fix yet. Still possible for future.

Quote:
2) Another idea: if we are having right now the navigation option, the map should be only a map, nothing more. With no moving objects or your own icon moving across the map. In real life in WWII era while you were airborne you had a map, a paper map, with the location of the airfield, antennas with their own designation.
Thats set by the mission designer and/or your own realism settings. I mean, its all there already, open your eyes.

Quote:
3) Variable and randmoize weather. You get airborne in a beautiful sunny day, and few minutes later suddenly start raining.
Impossible with current structure of engine. Heavy recoding would be necessary and this will much probably not happen.

Quote:
4) The only AI aircraft that is affected for the torque is the TB-3 (the bomber with four engines), the rest of the AI airplanes are always perfectly trimmed, what about to implement torque in all AI airplanes.
Thats not true! All planes suffer from torque. Better check your realism settings!

Quote:
5) Key combination for realism in starting engines. Eg: Master, Alt, Avionics, fuel pump, primer, etc.
The game is not prepared for such details. A global rework would be necessary. It could be maybe done for sinlge new content (planes, cockpits), but as a long it cannot be changed on a global scale, its no use.

Quote:
6) In HOTAS controls we have power and prop. I think MIXTURE should be implemented too.
I thought, it was. Need to investigate.

Quote:
7) Randomize animation of animals in an area designed in FMB. For example horses, cows and others.
There has been a long debate of ethics about this. It was left out on purpose by 1C Maddox. Not sure, if we should try to get it up again.
I personally would like to see some fields with cows. Even, if they were undestructable.

Quote:
Since pilot figure can run, we can get advantage on this to have more "life" in airports, like people (mechanics, pilots, officers) walking, and vehicles moving. I know in FMB you can get moving vehicles, but this option stops when the end of the line finish.
Partially same problem as above, plus, that there would be the need of a lot of animation work, which is too much to do and not good for game performance anyway (not to talk about to have it working over network properly). We already have some human objects in game, which can be used as statics. The game is build to be an air sim, not a ground sim and thus has its shortcomings. A personal hint: use your imagination.

Quote:
9) Light from an airplanes illuminates the ground. But when you put light icons in FMB they don't illuminate the surfaces or ground around it. Why?
Because they are particle effects and no light source. Later ones could reduce game performance much, if used in large numbers (permanently calculations of light), i.e. as a city illumination at night. But maybe worth to be investigated.

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible

Last edited by EJGr.Ost_Caspar; 12-13-2011 at 07:30 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest123 View Post
Flight planning needs work, and this was one thing I noticed immediately back in 2001 when I got Il2, and it has seen a little improvement but not much. There is no altitude shown for waypoints, and that's basic. No time for different legs, no fuel consideration (its a guessing game for the player), no speed listed either, or type of formation and no wind information. It leaves a lot for the player to include in the briefing, and unless you write it down, its missing from the in-flight map anyways. This forces the player to hit auto pilot on missions with no nav-aids because there isn't enough info.
The funny thing is that these are all factors that can be set in the FMB (ex. wind can now be set in great detail), so it's not like IL2 is lacking in realism, they just are hidden on the briefing map.
Interesting. To be clear, you mean more info text at waypoints in the briefing screen and/or inflight map?

----------------------------------------------
For bugreports, help and support contact:
daidalos.team@googlemail.com

For modelers - The IL-2 standard modeling specifications:
IL-Modeling Bible
Old 12-13-2011, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-38L View Post
7) Randomize animation of animals in an area designed in FMB. For example horses, cows and others.
The problem here is that simulating violence to animals, or more obviously simulating violence to humans, might affect IL2's ESRB rating (or the European equivalent).

Currently, IL2 has an ESRB rating of "T" for Teen. Arguably, the ability to shoot up people and animals other than the odd, unlucky pilot or driver would give IL2 an ESRB rating of "M".

More to the point, 1C would have to go through the hassle of submitting material to the ESRB and its ilk and waiting for their review and rating.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:29 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJGr.Ost_Caspar View Post
Interesting. To be clear, you mean more info text at waypoints in the briefing screen and/or inflight map?
Personally, I've always thought a good idea would be to reproduce the briefing and perhaps other stuff on a clipboard in the cockpit like Falcon4. Even...drool...recon photos
Old 01-05-2012, 07:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalBeagle View Post
Personally, I've always thought a good idea would be to reproduce the briefing and perhaps other stuff on a clipboard in the cockpit like Falcon4. Even...drool...recon photos
You can view the briefing via the new inflight map in UP 3.0, so it's not that unthinkable.

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1

Last edited by Aviar; 01-05-2012 at 07:32 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by illegalBeagle View Post

+100000
I´m a mission maker and when I need to set a specific target, i.e to level bombers, I need to use a forum to show the recon image. No big deal, but sometimes happen that you want to refly some old missions and don t remember where were the recons..
Thats would be a much preciated addon.

Other thing it´s the Recon objective and the recon AC. It could be very inmersive to have some kind of recon camera, or to have a camera trigger that makes a mission acomplished if pilot detect enemy positions. A remember very good debates about this subject, with a lot of the community knowledge and ideas on how to apply a recon in il2.

Bombing smurfs since a long time ago...
Old 01-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pursuivant View Post
The problem here is that simulating violence to animals, or more obviously simulating violence to humans, might affect IL2's ESRB rating (or the European equivalent).

Currently, IL2 has an ESRB rating of "T" for Teen. Arguably, the ability to shoot up people and animals other than the odd, unlucky pilot or driver would give IL2 an ESRB rating of "M".

More to the point, 1C would have to go through the hassle of submitting material to the ESRB and its ilk and waiting for their review and rating.
Currently bushes trees and shrubs are immune to all weapon fire in game. Just make random wandering wildlife invulnerable like the shrubbery.

Naturally this would not be realistic for horse drawn artillery limbers, caissons and supply wagons as they would be genuine targets, but that is not an issue here, we are talking about random livestock in the fields.