Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Tactics discussions and solutions

Tactics discussions and solutions All you need to win the battle.

Old 02-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Approved Member

They suck a portion of the life of the victim and replenish their stacks. The problem is that replenishing has no limit, so in the end, they may outgrow their number seriously. This means that even if you kill the boss, you will need to kill your own extra troops before finishing the battle.

That is very inconvenient and also one of the reasons I don't use ghosts. They're great, no argue there, but if they outgrow their leadership, the AI stops targeting them (even with mass attacks!), but they will keep on targeting the AI units and will keep on growing. In the end, you may end up with a force you can't kill.

Last edited by DGDobrev; 02-13-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 02-14-2010, 08:11 AM
Approved Member

ah ok ..good point there..must be very frustraiting to kill the boss but not being able to finish of your own ghost army
Old 03-13-2010, 01:19 AM
Approved Member

The time had come in my game to face K'Tahu. I am playing a mage on impossible and trying to do a quick run. I am currently on day 6, so it will probably be a 8 days game... Anyhow, my level is only 47 and I wanted to visit Reha only once. I tried a couple of times with my standard setup (Paladins, Inquisitors, Archmages, Trolls and Emerald Green Dragons). Unfortunately I have not found a single resistance item in the game so far. Thus in the first round I lost 50% of my Inquisitors, Archmages and Emerald Green Dragons. The Trolls and Paladins lost much fewer units due to their higher resistance. But eventually I had to give up. I could not keep up with K'Tahu's summoning and had to come up with an alternative approach.

A scroll of Call of Death saved the situation. I summoned up 158 Black Knights and attacked K'Tahu with a single stack cosisting of these 158 Black Knights. By using Stone Skin, Avenging Angel, Magic Spring, Geyser, and of course Eviln, I was able to pull it off. My int was 65 so my damaging spells did a lot of damage - Geyser did almost 10k (I have not found Death Star yet). When K'Tahu died I had only 8 Black Knights left. Three Evilns later I had ressurected all of them. What made this possible was that in the beginning K'Tahu does not seem to summon Gorguanas. I tried not to kill his summoned units so he only summoned units 3 times in the battle, and the Gorguanas never showed up. The double damage that Gorguanas cause was to much even for the Black Knights.

So, I guess I can only agree on what has been said earlier: The Black Knight is a panic button, that can be used if everything else fails. Notice that I did not have a single undead item and still managed to pull it off, while with my original setup I did not have a chance at all.

Last edited by ivra; 03-13-2010 at 01:23 AM.