Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-22-2012, 11:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torian View Post
if any1 can explain how even a good pilot can pull this off 95% of the time LEGITIMATELY ?
Aim at the cockpit. MG fire from a 109 is extremely effective, I really like the 2 machineguns in the nose. PIlot is often exposed in break-turn so PK is very likely. There is no alchemy in that.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borsch View Post
People play single player and feel themselves as absolute aces and then the rude awakening of the multilayer brings them down a notch and produces cognitive dissonance that leads to them talking about cheating... People are much better than the AI ok?

There are quite a lot of people who are AWESOMELY better then you, just admit it and try to improve. If you give a firing solution to your enemy, expect to die - simple as.
Borsch, I have over a thousand hours pretty much all on the ATAG server and am very happy to admit that there are plenty who are awesomely better than me. What I am referring to is a very small group who rarely get anything other than a pilot kill and can get them in quick succession. I don't see any1 else who can amass the sheer number of kills in any given server session so quickly. Admittedly they rarely bother to land their planes but just ditch them and get a new plane to get back into the action...just what u like to see in a full realism sim. If AP loadouts, tweaked convergences, low monitor resolution and great flying skill is what is happening then ok. I don't have the expertise needed to know what can be "altered" by knowledgeable people but I know a fair few good 109 pilots who can't hold a candle to these guys. One flight sim I flew years ago was hacked to pieces by a programmer who could assign any hit power value to his ammo loadout so u were dead if any bullet hit ur plane. At least he was up font about it but what I greatly fear is that we are not all played for fools and we have our d'oh moment down the track and say "it looked like a duck and quacked like a duck" but we insisted it was all good.
I guess u really have to be in the ATAG server when these guys are on to appreciate where I'm coming from and I'm not sure how often u get in there.
24 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz
Win 7 64bit Pro

Laptop
Asus G73JW
Intel i7 740 quad core 1.76Ghz
nVidia GTX460 mobility 1.5GB DDR5
8GB DDR3 ram @ 1333mhz
Win 7 64bit Home Premium
Old 10-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerjack View Post
Situation awareness is of paramount importance. It's difficult to spot other planes in the first instance and even then to identify a friend from foe is never easy. You have to get up close to check out the plane you are targetting and so your concentration is 100% on that aspect. Check your six and your eyes can easily lose track of the plane you were originally flying towards. This is surely close to reality? How many actual WW2 pilots were shot out of the sky without even knowing what hit them?
Kind of the point I am trying to make. Do all that and with difficulty u will end up with 5 or 6 kills in any given server session, sometimes more. When u can get 5 or 6 kills in 10 mins then people are gonna wonder.
24 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz
Win 7 64bit Pro

Laptop
Asus G73JW
8GB DDR3 ram @ 1333mhz
Win 7 64bit Home Premium
Old 10-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
What I am referring to is a very small group who rarely get anything other than a pilot kill and can get them in quick succession.
You're suggesting that there is a group of pilots, apparently from Russia, who are too good to be legit. Would you mind providing the nicknames?

I often fly practice on Russian minced meat servers like Repka No.4 and some of the local guys are ridiculously good pilots and shots. I know several other pilots who would PK you when you blink and they are not Russian and there is certainly nothing else than skill in that.
Old 10-22-2012, 12:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo. View Post
You're suggesting that there is a group of pilots, apparently from Russia, who are too good to be legit. Would you mind providing the nicknames?
Just come into the server on a regular basis and u will soon see for yourself and make your own assessment.
24 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz
Win 7 64bit Pro

Laptop
Asus G73JW
8GB DDR3 ram @ 1333mhz
Win 7 64bit Home Premium
Old 10-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Approved Member

Do you fly with an open canopy, if you do I think it's only right that you are more susceptible to pks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Do you fly with an open canopy, if you do I think it's only right that you are more susceptible to pks.
i guess so as well. Thats what you get when flying cabriolet

Winger
Old 10-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Approved Member

To the OPs if original question....armour piercing rounds and already stated E1 can fire 4mgs worth...

Be grateful the Beos don't work online where we could set fire to your aircraft..shocking that they don't but hey ho as I'd rather load them up tbh
Old 10-22-2012, 01:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Just come into the server on a regular basis and u will soon see for yourself and make your own assessment.
I do actually, that's why I am asking.

Open canopy or not, if you get it in the cockpit you're dead. The bullets won't bounce off the glass. Same PK with 109 when they expose the canopy in a climb or in a turn and hold your the piper in there and hose him down.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
I don't fly with an open canopy and since canopy drag has been introduced I don't know many who do now.
24 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1600mhz
Win 7 64bit Pro

Laptop
Asus G73JW
8GB DDR3 ram @ 1333mhz
Win 7 64bit Home Premium