Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > Vehicle and Terrain threads

Vehicle and Terrain threads Discussions about environment and vehicles in CoD

Old 11-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reflected View Post
Is it just me or the grass in CloD is made of super glue? Taxiing and taking off from grass airfields is utterly unrealistically difficult and sluggish. I give 25% power and my Spitfire is barely moving forward.
Betonon más a helyzet? Nem figyeltem ezt még, azért kérdem.

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 11-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Approved Member

2 mins 50 secs in for taxiing,what percentage is the throttle?
Old 11-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Here's a spitfire MKII taxying on short grass.

After an initial rev up to 1600RPM to get it moving, it taxi's at about 1500RPM (wouldn't be shown on the RMP guage in the cockpit.

From my guestimate the throttle lever position is about 20%. What should it be? please post sources to correct info. (not another other sim please!)

Cheers!

Don't really call that a taxi, you're not even moving at walking pace. Turning is a nightmare too, but watch real footage (and the real thing at airshows) and there never seems to be a problem.

Hope to see it fixed in the future
Old 11-07-2011, 10:05 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE-OF-ACES View Post
What do you mean? An African or European grass airfield?
African! Pifft! What we got here here is a classic graphical example of 'Shin High New Guinea Highland'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Don't really call that a taxi, you're not even moving at walking pace. Turning is a nightmare too, but watch real footage (and the real thing at airshows) and there never seems to be a problem.
Quote:
TAXI- The movement of an airplane under its own power on the surface of an airport (FAR Part 135.100 [Note]).
As the question was asked before I'll repeat it. "What was the throttle setting for that?" What RPM were they running at? Do you know?
Old 11-08-2011, 03:49 AM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=Koala63;358980We need that mad scientist from Southpark to mate the accusim spit and CloD. Now that would be getting close to what we're looking for.[/QUOTE]

I doubt he could get the DNA to splice artificially! He'ld have to use the old fashioned way. Where's that beer!
Old 11-08-2011, 05:33 AM
Registered Member

Fair suck of the Sav Koala how do you know it handles like the real thing

Carn mate. I don't think that I did say or imply that I did anywhere. I was just saying that with enough beer and mood music, both sims might spawn something closer to what most of us would be happier with.

BTW, I went out and purchased FSX wholy and solely to fly the accusim spit, and I did this wholy and solely in frustration with trying to enjoy the CloD Spitty. I'd much rather be flying in a fully functional (as advertised) CloD bird but thems the breaks.

With the ORBX scenery pack in FSX, I can take off from YWOL, and fly visual down to Jervis Bay, then west up the Shoalhaven river, over to Lake George, fly low up Northbourne Ave and buzz Parliament, then scoot back home in time for tea with gas still in the tank. All the while nursing the engine like its my own personal merlin. I've got 10 hours on the engine now with only a clean-up of the spark plugs. Half a dozen takeoffs and landings and some fun acrobatics with no damage.

Sad, but my last online CloD flight in a MkII lasted about 15 minutes before the last in a series of giant freezes sent me into the ground. I live in hope that promises will be delivered and I'll be able to fly a functional CloD mission online oneday.

And yeah, I reckon the grass is too sticky too. Kunai for sure.

Last edited by Koala63; 11-08-2011 at 05:37 AM. Reason: spellling
Old 11-08-2011, 07:38 AM
Approved Member

I'm Shizerstirring Koala

BTW does ORBX scenery include the strip at Mittagong ?
Old 11-12-2011, 01:14 AM
Registered Member

YMIG is there with the free OZx32 add on for ORBX scenery.

Narrow and very undulating. Almost pranged the crate just now landing there - not used to country runways disappearing in front of me as I roll up hill and down dale along them .

Wollongong to Mittagong, land, take-off and return all totalling 0.8 hrs log time.

Last edited by Koala63; 11-12-2011 at 01:17 AM.
Old 11-12-2011, 01:28 AM
Approved Member

Koala, cool stuff, YWOL is my default scenery for A2A accu-sim Spitty, some 40+ hours in it and counting.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala63 View Post
YMIG is there with the free OZx32 add on for ORBX scenery.

Narrow and very undulating. Almost pranged the crate just now landing there - not used to country runways disappearing in front of me as I roll up hill and down dale along them .

Wollongong to Mittagong, land, take-off and return all totalling 0.8 hrs log time.
Might have to reinstall FSX and get the Orbyx scenery.